Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: New To Cooking

Player

New To Cooking

Really love the steady money so far in culinary , but everything seems so hard to make, and i already have the mogglebox website, but is there any suggestion dish's or items i should make as a lower level.. river sand just dont do it, ha
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Isagael Rose
    World
    Sagittarius
    Main Class
    Botanist Lv 90
    Level 1-10ish = Boiled Eggs Should get you started.

As to what to cook from there, I leveled way before this patch and a lot of recipe's changed. Best advice is to look for juice recipes near your level, or look at what mats you can make (butter, maple sugar, tomato sauce etc) that you will need and use for recipes later on.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Owen Lacroix
    World
    Masamune
    Main Class
    Botanist Lv 50
    It would be really cool if you could help your fellow cooks by making things we still need. Things like salted butter, tomato sauce, and raisins are lower level synths that higher level culinarians need. You could def make gil on the butter at least even if you aren't getting much exp.

side note: yes you can buy butter cheap from an npc but not in Uldah, so you cash in on peoples laziness

graduate to pie dough and the vinegars (cider, dark)...and youll be into the 21-30 lvl synths and have much cooler things to make. (also... love mooglebox... but love mozk-tabetai more This is all assuming you're like me and would rather make stuff people can use then grind out sand endlessly.

happy cookin
    (1)

Player

I actually think this is an issue with the game. Lower level recipes need to be easier and less dependent on foreign ingredients. For instance marmot steak. I started out in gridania, I had tons of marmot meat and wild onions by the time I hit camp emerald moss, but the last ingredient garlean garlic is only found in Limsa lominsa, hence a level 6 culinarian's recipe requires some pretty extensive travel. I wasn't aware of the fishing method, but that is an option. Depending on what starting area you decide upon makes a big difference on what crafting jos you can do, gridania for instance is heavy in Moko grass hence hemp is easy to produce, but ul'dah is the home of cotton. You might try the market wards, my recommedation is find a food you need and the. Stockpile it, my conjuror eats chocolate constantly, my gladiator marmot steak. Choose a few recipes that are close to your level and then use the market wards to buy the items provided that mooglebox doesn't list an npc. Not sure why but the wards are usually more expensive (especially for cotton) than the npcs. Also you can not obtain milk I believe with out consulting an npc which is also annoying, should a harvest item.

Btw steady money = market wards?
    (0)
    Last edited by Laurel_McFang; 07-27-2012 at 12:16 PM.

Player
    Character
    Kazuhira Jaeger
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by OwenLacroix View Post
    It would be really cool if you could help your fellow cooks by making things we still need. Things like salted butter, tomato sauce, and raisins are lower level synths that higher level culinarians need. You could def make gil on the butter at least even if you aren't getting much exp.

side note: yes you can buy butter cheap from an npc but not in Uldah, so you cash in on peoples laziness

graduate to pie dough and the vinegars (cider, dark)...and youll be into the 21-30 lvl synths and have much cooler things to make. (also... love mooglebox... but love mozk-tabetai more This is all assuming you're like me and would rather make stuff people can use then grind out sand endlessly.

happy cookin
    This. I can attest to using the wards sometimes instead of an NPC just to cut down on time and/or anima... or for just being lazy.
    (0)
    Om Mani Pad Me Hum

Of art and music~ http://wcjoseph.blogspot.com/
    http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com/rc/diary/top?cicuid=10218844

Player
    Character
    Cynthis Ravenbrook
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 60
    Sigh. I really wished we had been able to get extra retainers. I really wanted to make food but since I leveled all crafting in parallel and culinarian can easily take 100 inventory slots on it's on, I went the fish route.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ellyse Liljeqvist
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Blacksmith Lv 50
    Is there a food guide showing you what level each food item is?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Cynthis Ravenbrook
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 60
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Etsy Dreamcatcher
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 70
    dont forget the different types of bait balls, chocolates and of course, Raw Oysters. it helps IMMENSELY to level your DoLs at the same time (esp BTN and FSH). BTN alone can help you make chocolates and juices. later on you can make Stuffed Pikes which i capped my CUL with. Also orobon stew is fun, and the livers are somewhat easy to farm.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Wulfgang Amadeus
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Highly recommend the fishing route. I effectively leveled ALC and CUL to 50 and got the Alembic and Pan of the Luminary for free. Fishing to get ALC / CUL also reduced the monotony of finishing my Rod of the Luminary as there was an extra motivation to fishing along with crafting related breaks.

If you don't want to fish, I would either focus on a) simple, cheap synths you can NPC, b) more complex foods that sell well in the wards, or c) as suggested above, ingredients for high level synths. I hate having to make tomato sauce and would vastly overpay in most scenarios just to save time.
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast