Player
    Character
    Momo Ochita
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 70

Prickly Pineapple Nosense

New recipe in 1.21 going to farm Prickly Pineapple... can't gathering it only drops from Hyenas race... (Bluefog spawn area are too large) this preclude farm for DoL.. why SE?

and why Finger sandwich and La Noscean Toast have recipe more complicated than before (item similar)?? Are you kidding us? please SE adjusts Culinarian ;__;
    (0)

Momo Ochita From Ragnarok

Player
    Character
    Not Applicable
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Alchemist Lv 60
    There's an NPC at the Ruby Road Exchange in Ul'dah that sells Prickly Pineapples for about 3500 gil each, if I remember correctly.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Arya Nyx
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Culinarian Lv 50
    It sells for 4500 each in Ul'Dah.......and pre-patch it was approx. 1500. So unless you watched to see what SE were doing with CUL specific NPC prices and high-level recipes, you'll be frustrated around now.

I was fortunate enough to have seen this just a few hours pre-patch, so loaded up on enough pineapples to take me from 48 to 50. Unfortunately, if you haven't got the gil to pay the exorbitant price now, you'll have to farm the hard way, or try another recipe.....
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Momo Ochita
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 70
    Yep.. but 5k for a juice... who spend it? CUL now is broken :v i hope change gather and drop from mob ç_ç
    (0)

Momo Ochita From Ragnarok

Player
    Character
    Volta Asura
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 61
    Not sure why, but when I saw the name of this thread, I thought you were referring to the DRG AF. XD
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Isagael Rose
    World
    Sagittarius
    Main Class
    Botanist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Momita View Post
    Yep.. but 5k for a juice... who spend it? CUL now is broken :v i hope change gather and drop from mob ç_ç
    I don't think SE intended on us buying pineapples from the NPC to make juices...I believe they thought we'd buy them from other players/gather/farm them. Which leads us back to the OP's original question. The high price point from the NPC simply allows for players to sell the pineapples for a price somewhere between 0 and 4500. Because while I agree that 5K ea a pineapple juice is too high, the price for the best juice shouldn't be too low either.

As to the la noscan toast/finger sandwiches being 'complicated' SE also already said that the higher ranked cul and alc recipes will require more items/time to craft. This was intentional. Heck, at least walnut bread isn't a higher level synth than la noscan toast now. (Like it use to be pre 1.21)
    (0)
    Last edited by Kinseykinz; 04-01-2012 at 01:32 PM.

Player
    Character
    Almalexia Indoril
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 70
    Is beef stew many levels higher than pineapple juice? That would be a cheaper alternative if you're grinding. Disregard the rest of this post if you are producing juice for some other reason.

All of the materials for stew are cheap from NPC--altogether cheaper than one pineapple--except for buffalo surloin, which is easily farmed from Lv.30+ Amalj'aa (except Grunts. Don't bother with Grunts.)

I can't say if stew has any market value, though.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Tolbari Zheix
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Leatherworker Lv 65
    there are sooo many types of recipes you can grind on, why worry about pineapple juice,

just because its easy and simple recipes doesnt make it a winner. thus the high price lol

and pre-patch we didnt have finger sandwiches.. confused?

if your lookin just to grind as welll.... use LL local leves. they give some pretty nice food rewards and can stock up in town pretty fast, what i do
    (4)

Gennario Veltaine: Propieter of G&J's Pleather Pleasures

Player

Confirmed they drop off Dusty Mongrels north of Camp Bluefog there's a few small concentrations of them on the way from the camp to the Dragoon AF.
    (1)

Character
    Hiir Noivl
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Farm them off leve mobs. -.-
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast