Player
    Character
    Sa'hana Zhralyia
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 80

Bound Aetheryte in the Bowl of Embers?

So while doing the quest "Ifrit Bleeds, We Can Kill It" with a pick-up party we eventually suffered some kind of crash, this was sometime last week. Well after being able to log in again we found ourselves trapped in the Bowl of Embers, without the ring of fire or Ifrit. I found this while looking around in the area to the far back. I've seen an image of it before but never seen this for myself. Kind of hoping someone on the Dev. team can shed some light on what this is for and why it's back there.

When you check the aetheryte it only reads something about it emitting a dull light. I've got a few more pictures of the area, I'll try to load them up sometime.
    (7)

Player
    Character
    Carlosx Taka
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 60
    cause the current ifrit Fight is not made to take place where they made it cos of the lv range and accesivility they made this special portal to let us acces the Hard mode Fight. but ifrit will have place on his Real camp on future maybe on 2.0
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Sa'hana Zhralyia
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by carlosx View Post
    cause the current ifrit Fight is not made to take place where they made it cos of the lv range and accesivility they made this special portal to let us acces the Hard mode Fight. but ifrit will have place on his Real camp on future maybe on 2.0
    Sorry, but uh, that doesn't make a lot of sense. I'm going to try and respond... This area is part of the main scenario quest line can't say where without giving a spoiler but anyone who's done it knows. However the area in back isn't accessible (To my knowledge anyway.) as is the cave you see nearby. As for 2.0 this area probably won't even exist/look like it does anymore. My guess is the aetheryte was to be used in other plans but they didn't use it. So, still, wondering what it might have been used for or if there are future plans.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Sa'hana Zhralyia
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 80
    And now for some additional images.

Clearer view of the aetheryte.

Distant shot of the aetheryte and several surrounding barricades all over the area. This is the back entrance to the west of the battleground where Ifrit is fought.

Cave to the south of the battleground. Can't go in too far without getting a message about being unable to proceed farther in.

Also something else that might be interesting... The battleground area is actually a copy/paste spot of certain ramp terrain found in Thanalan. Behind the giant rocks just behind Ifrit's starting point in the battleground is a slope blocked off by some boulders and shrubbery preventing anyone from going down below. Just something I thought I'd point out.

Look past the boulders there, it's a slope going down. An identical one can be found at 22, 26 in Thanalan on the path towards Black Brush. Just look for the Spriggans.
    (4)
    Last edited by Mihana; 03-29-2012 at 09:10 PM.

Player
    Character
    Chrees Byrjun
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Sage Lv 90
    I remember seeing a video of this place like a year ago, before we even got Ifrit. You used to be able to fly there using that glitch-that-shall-not-be-named. Similar areas also exist, such as this Ixali camp in Coerthas.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sv-MTOjzW4U
    (1)
    Sea of Stars «SoS» | Sargatanas
    Quote Originally Posted by Bayohne View Post
    Hatersgonnahate.gif
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukkirii View Post
    ^My favorite signature but minus the Bayohne part.

Player
    Character
    Signy Ragnarok
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrees View Post
    I remember seeing a video of this place like a year ago, before we even got Ifrit. You used to be able to fly there using that glitch-that-shall-not-be-named. Similar areas also exist, such as this Ixali camp in Coerthas.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sv-MTOjzW4U
    Well that zone in the video seems like the place where it will be the instance of the Garuda fight.
    (2)
    I'm the Princess of the Night~~

Player
    Character
    Rowan Garnet
    World
    Halicarnassus
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Signy View Post
    Well that zone in the video seems like the place where it will be the instance of the Garuda fight.
    I think so to.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Thal Icebound
    World
    Ravana
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    I had the exact same thing happen to me a few weeks ago. I posted my pictures here:
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...in-Daylight%21

Proof:

/but something tells me the devs are gonna stay tight-lipped.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Airget Lamh
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Botanist Lv 90
    It's possible that those "nodes" could be the "True" fight with ifrit to gain them as a one time use summon lol.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Jak Sixx
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    this has nothing to do with ur question seeing as i havent even done the fight yet. but Mihana, what are ur PC specs ur screen shots look amazing lol
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast