Player
    Character
    Dia Lancea
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 80

Housing demolition should be suspended due to Australian bushfires

I think it might be a good idea to temporarily suspend the housing demolition mechanic for those Aussie fans who might have bigger things to worry about right now than XIV, it'd be horrible for them to finally come back after being evacuated to find out they lost their house in game through no fault of their own.
    (59)

Player
    Character
    Avarnia Corthal
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 90
    I support this, though then the question is what servers do Aussies play on usually?
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Dia Lancea
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Recon1o6 View Post
    I support this, though then the question is what servers do Aussies play on usually?
    That's a problem as they're a bit scattered across every data center, though I imagine there's quite a few on the Japan Datacenters due to how near it is.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Alys Isshu
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Recon1o6 View Post
    They can't suspend only the 'Aussie frequented' servers, since you might have Aussies on other servers, too. Just like they did when they suspended Demolition after the Tsunami that wrecked Fukushima, or the various quakes, you can not just suspend the 'most frequented' Servers.
    (8)

Player
    Character
    Dia Lancea
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 80
    It might just be best to suspend it across the board, I'm sure we can cope without demolitions for a few months while Aussie players get back on their feet
    (11)

Player
    Character
    Nayuta Miyumi
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Chewy2nd View Post
    It might just be best to suspend it across the board, I'm sure we can cope without demolitions for a few months while Aussie players get back on their feet
    Iirc they've done full suspension of housing demo before, I mean it's not a huge deal if people wait a while.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Gemina Lunarian
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    I definitely support suspending demolitions. I know if I was a player affected by this and would have no idea the next time I would be able to log on, I would be going nuts that I could potentially lose two homes I care for greatly. I had no idea it had escalated as much as it has.

I hope SE will honor this request.
    (10)

How I came to be by the side of the chosen, and the moments we've sewn.
    This soul. Its attachment to all living things. The love they have known.
    Oh Warrior of light if only you could hear,
    just how closely I hold you dear.

Player
    Character
    Jotaro Kujo
    World
    Spriggan
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 31
    I hope SE will do it as much I hope this thread is not an excuse to take a break from the game without losing a house.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Y'sira Kurai
    World
    Halicarnassus
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 90
    They need to stop with the enter the house model and go to paying subs and be done with it. This on/off for every natural disaster and it's not really fair to those who are looking for housing.
    (16)

Player
    Character
    Zedek Kusakabe
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    And where do they should stop? Let's be honest, this is one of these "What if the world would be perfect" things that are noble thoughts in itself, but absolutely unrealistic and just to farm upvotes in the end by showing fake online compassion for people you don't know and because it's big in the media.

It's tragic for those families, but so are e.g. car accidents that send you 5 months into rehab, or depression, or money problems to afford the game. The list of possible reasons is long. We all have ups and downs in life, but that does not mean the life must revolve around our problems. A virtual house is surely not the first priority an evacuated person can think off, and even then, it's not that the homes collapes on the instant. You have weeks to access it somehow.
    (19)

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast