Player
    Character
    Rosalyn Valeroyant
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Zazay View Post
    I would welcome the help, but by doing so, you are pushing the progress from a different server artificially and people from their homeserver WILL feel as if they hadn't contributed enough at all. (Not to mention they'd miss out the transitions of the phases, while people server hopping people prob. seen it alreasy thrice or so)
    People choose a low pop server for a reason. If they decide to accomplish things in a slower pace, let them. Don't take the experience of new content from them!
    Honestly, super valid point.

Maybe remove wanderer access, but still put in instances, since some server pops are pretty high, even without wanderers in the way, the place would still be locked if enough people showed up at peak hours.
    (10)

Player
    Character
    Angelioux Hymnwesfv
    World
    Halicarnassus
    Main Class
    Miner Lv 90
    this world visit thing...is stopping me from shopping... I need all these peeps to get off my lawn so I can actually go shop D:!!! I was not expecting to see literally 100's of players crowding the Aetherite trying to warp to the next world...like what? And it's almost 2 am...sigh when is this over again? I was excited about it but now I'm over it.

/rant.

But on a less rant note, I really hope they change this...
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Rosalyn Valeroyant
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 80
    Another suggestion an FC mate mentioned that would help: Kick AFKers. If someone gets the AFK buff, boot them from the instance.
    (4)

Hello, everyone. This is FFXIV Producer & Director Yoshi-P.

We have received a lot of feedback regarding the Ishgardian Restoration and have been following the ongoing discussion. Thank you for your interest in this new content!

There are two points in particular that I would like to address.

World Visit System and Firmament Player Cap
    Around the time that concerted works began, we saw a lot of players using the World Visit System, which caused the Firmament in the World they are visiting to reach its player cap, and many players were unable to participate in concerted works in their Home World as a result.

This point came up during the development of the Ishgardian Restoration, and we were aware of the risks involved in players visiting other Worlds to help. However, we decided not to place those kinds of restrictions on the World Visit System for the following reasons:

• The number of crafters and gatherers varies considerably between Worlds. The Worlds with the most crafters and gatherers have over four times as many as those with the least.
    • Worlds with low numbers of crafters and gatherers would struggle to carry out concerted works without visitors from other Worlds, creating a risk that those players would not be able to experience this content as intended.

The difference in the number of active crafters and gatherers is the main reason for the varying degrees of progress between the various Worlds shown on the Lodestone’s Builders’ Progress Report.

To help ease this disparity, we decided to allow players to visit other Worlds within their data center and lend their assistance to the Ishgardian Restoration efforts of that World.

This is the first time we have implemented this type of cross-world content, and we apologize for the issues described above. However, for the first few days following the release of this content, we would like to observe the trends in each World before coming to any decisions.

We understand that being unable to participate in the Ishgardian Restoration on your own World can be very stressful. But please rest assured that we are preparing emergency measures that we can put into action should the situation deteriorate, at which time an announcement will be made. In the meantime, we ask for your patience and understanding as we work to improve your experience with this content.
    End-game Content for Crafters and Gatherers
    Based on the information shared in the Producer’s Live Letter, a number of players were under the impression that the entirety of the Ishgardian Restoration would be designed as end-game content. Following its release, some of these players have expressed opinions that it does not contain anything difficult enough to be considered end-game content, and have been disappointed as a result.

As we recently discussed in the Producer’s Live Letter, the Ishgardian Restoration is planned for release in installments across several patches, and while we are taking end-game content into consideration as we continue to develop various systems for this content, what was released in Patch 5.11 is but the first of these installments.

I would like to take this opportunity to reiterate the concepts behind the Ishgardian Restoration as a whole. This content is linked to the story that unfolds in the main scenario, and for the most part, it is designed so that it can be enjoyed by all of our players.

It is worth bearing in mind that the quest to unlock this content can also be completed by Disciples of War and Magic, and that low-level crafters and gatherers are able to take part in its core elements. In fact, the improvements in Patch 5.1 to make crafters and gatherers more accessible are directly linked to the concept for the Ishgardian Restoration.

Our aim was to introduce crafting and gathering to players who have never tried it before, so we designed this opening section to appeal to as many players as possible. For that reason, concerted works were created in a way that does not demand a high degree of skill to enjoy.

Rather than beginning by narrowing down the types of player who can participate, we made this first installment in Patch 5.11 in a way that would allow players to experience the restoration as an ongoing and evolving project, since this is the start of a new series of content. For the first part, the various elements that comprise it are remarkably simple, and it currently does not include any of the end-game content that the development team is considering. In particular, the concerted works were created to allow as many players as possible to participate.

As for the upcoming installments, we plan to provide a substantial crafting and gathering experience, as well as introduce aspects designed as end-game content. You will begin to see these updates from Patch 5.2 onwards.

We apologize to those crafters and gatherers─including fishers─who were expecting new ways to play, but we will be adding high-difficulty recipes, a ranking system, and scratch-off tickets (name TBD) in future updates, which we are sure will be worth the wait.

More details will follow in an upcoming Producer’s Letter Live, so please keep an eye out for that.
    And as always, we are grateful to all of you─the players─for your feedback and support!

======
    * Updated since the initial post.

We have been reviewing the data for each World up until this afternoon (Japan time), and have verified that the commencement of concerted works in and of itself is not causing issues on any World. Therefore, in order to alleviate the previously discussed congestion for the time being, we have opted to prevent players using the World Visit System from participating in the Ishgardian Restoration on other Worlds.

This change does not require us to perform server maintenance, and the necessary work can be carried out on each World in real time.
    Read on for details.

We apologize for the inconvenience caused over the last few days. We will continue to monitor the situation and should the need arise, take further steps to ensure the smooth running of this content.
    (137)
    Last edited by Naoki_Yoshida; 11-14-2019 at 06:04 PM. Reason: Updated since the initial post.

Player
    Character
    Mitsuki Akiyumi
    World
    Malboro
    Main Class
    Reaper Lv 90
    Thank you Yoshi P <3
    (9)

Player
    Character
    Narukai Nephilim
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 90
    Cheers for clearing that up x
    (1)
    “We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.”

― Oscar Wilde

Player
    Character
    Luke Lightbringer
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 80
    Thank you for the response Yoshi P!
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Daiza Auvec
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 80
    Glad to know there are emergency measures in place should things go further south.

Here's to hoping things clear up a bit.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Taisai Jin
    World
    Twintania
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 64
    Couldn't you just have it so Concerted Works function the same as any other FATE? Where the difficulty/amount required to finish it dynamically changes based on the number of people in the zone? Then there's no risk of a server being unable to finish it based on low population with a World Visit lockout on the content. That way a dead server with 5 crafters can finish it the same as a busted server with 5,000 crafters.

The only difference would then be the rate they finish the stockpile phase at, which honestly I think is fine. More than fine, actually, if you're on a smaller server then sure it would take longer, but I think individually you'd feel you had a bigger impact, no? More of a sense of pride in your server when you do finish it? Where as with how it is now, it doesn't really feel like a world event anymore. It feels like me and my server spent time working on it, then an influx of Wanderer's came in to steal credit at the last minute. Saw plenty of Wanderer's acting like they were Gods gift to Twintania last night, wasn't particularly a welcome sight. I'd rather have finished stockpiling much slower than tired my eyes out rolling all night at those kinds of comments.
    (36)

Player
    Character
    Y'mhitra Rhul
    World
    Lich
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 74
    Much obliged. Thanks for the response, Yoshi-P!
    (1)
    Life is a journey, not a destination. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Page 6 of 51 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast