Hello again, all you FFXIVers out there! Yoshi-P here, back today with my twenty-seventh missive.

To begin with, I’d like to apologize for the server issues that have occurred following the World Merge. The increase in server load caused server memory to deteriorate, which in turn brought down the data cache server. This led to a host of problems, one of them being the rollback of certain data. I’d like to stress how sorry I am for the inconvenience this has caused our players. We understand that higher levels of service are expected of us, and will continue in our efforts to beef up and stabilize our servers. Please bear with us in the meantime.

Next, I’d like to thank all of you who participated in the third FINAL FANTASY XIV Players’ Poll. We received an overwhelming number of responses, which we’re poring through even as work continues on the game. I’m planning to compile your feedback for analysis in the next letter.

Now then, I’d like to take this opportunity to introduce two major campaigns.

The first, called the Legacy Campaign, is our way of showing gratitude to those valiant adventurers who are standing their ground in the face of the Seventh Umbral Era.

The campaign recognizes those players who subscribe to FFXIV for 90 or more cumulative days during the period between January 6, 2012, and the commencement of version 2.0 beta testing. I believe many of you out there have already fulfilled this requirement. Those who qualify for the campaign and become Legacy members will:
  1. Be able to play FFXIV from version 2.0 at the discounted Legacy price, forever.
  2. Receive an exclusive chocobo mount upon the launch of version 2.0.
  3. Earn a place in the credits for version 2.0.
This information is also available on the Lodestone, but the fee structure will undergo a revamp when official service begins for version 2.0. I’ve personally reviewed and approved the changes, which are driven by our desire to provide you with a global standard of service. Payments will be made easier to understand, and more payment options will be introduced, such as prepaid time cards.

Under the new fee structure, the basic service fee and the character fee will be consolidated. In the case of a 30-day billing cycle, players will be able to choose from the two payment options below,
Entry Plan – $12.99 USD/£7.69/10.99 €: One character per World
Standard Plan – $14.99 USD/£8.99/12.99 €: Eight characters per World
Players who qualify for the Legacy Campaign will be able to subscribe to the standard plan for the discounted price of $9.99 per month—the same as the current fee—for the entire duration of FFXIV’s service. (Please note that the actual price may vary due to fluctuations in the exchange rate.)

With regards to the chocobo mount gift, players will be pleased to know that it’ll be an original design penned by none other than our very own art director, Akihiko Yoshida. And as the frosting on the cake of our appreciation, players will also be given the chance to have their names appear in the credits for version 2.0. Details such as how to register for this will be announced separately.

To recap, the Legacy Campaign is our little way of saying thanks to those adventurers who have stuck by us even after billing commenced—for standing fast through rain, hail, shine, and the Seventh Umbral Era. Be sure not to miss out on this limited-time opportunity!
http://sqex.to/qtq

Moving on, to commemorate the release of patch 1.22 as well as the announcement of the Legacy Campaign, we’re pleased to bring you the Welcome Back Campaign!

Upon the release of patch 1.22, an invitation will be extended to holders of inactive accounts to return to Eorzea for ten days, completely free of charge. A great many things have changed since the game first launched, in no small part due to player feedback. By hosting this campaign, we hope that those currently taking a break from Eorzea will be enticed into coming back to see the improvements with their own eyes, as well as experience the never-to-be-repeated drama of the Seventh Umbral Era.

By all means, please spread the word to all your friends and encourage them to give FFXIV another look!
http://sqex.to/-EC

Derp, this has turned into quite a lengthy plug for the campaigns. I thought that one of my letters would be a better medium than the Lodestone for explaining the concept behind them. To put it in a single word, it all boils down to gratitude—a little token of our appreciation for all our fans out there. We hope we can continue relying on your support!

So! Spring is finally in full swing here in Tokyo, and the cherry trees are done shedding their blossoms. Work on patch 1.22 enters the final stage, and we’re on track for an April 26 (JST) release.

In order to deliver the patch to you in time for Golden Week, I’m afraid we’ve had to postpone a number of things. These include job-exclusive weapons, chat log reforms, and other content I touched on last time. With regards to hamlet defense, only Hyrstmill will be ready for 1.22; the remaining two hamlets will go live in 1.22a, which is scheduled for May 10. We also have plans for a patch 1.22b, which is expected to follow shortly thereafter. You can rest assured that we will maintain our pace even after 1.22 is released!

Patch 1.22 will see the Empire unleash a new weapon to wreak havoc upon Eorzea, which continues its plunge into chaos. How will the Grand Companies deal with the mounting threat? And as if the advancing imperials alone weren’t bad enough, Garuda, the primal of wind, will also storm into the fray. (The Community Team is hosting a Garuda-inspired event on the official Forums right now!)

Oh, and we mustn’t forget about the lesser moon Dalamud, which seems to grow larger and angrier with each blink of the eyes. And speaking of eyes, you might want to keep one out for the logo we’ve put together for the Legacy Campaign.

Much about the Seventh Umbral Era will become clear when patch 1.22 comes around. I hope you’re all looking forward to it!

One more thing! I’ve made a post on the official Forums regarding version 2.0. Be sure to take a gander at that as well.

And I think that’ll do it for today. See you next time and/or on the forums!