The only thing I've ever bashed was the time it takes to respawn. This is just from within this last week.

Quote Originally Posted by CrystalWeapon View Post
It would be fun to see some different methods of spawning nms. I personally like the idea of pop items even if the droprate is horribly low from the surrounding mobs. Sure it's a timesink but it doesn't feel like you're sitting around with your hands under your ass waiting for a spawn window to open.
Just because access time to an event or mob is short doesn't mean that the mob itself wouldn't take a massive collaborated effort to kill. Time spent waiting =/= ease of beating what you were waiting for. Completely unrelated things.

All the obsurd timmers do is create a lack of access to said content to a sizeable portion of the playerbase so that a few people can get their thrills.
I keep hearing about people wanting things handed to them. How exactly is a monster that takes 8 highly skilled people giving everything they've got to kill that spawns every 30 mins to an hour with a 5% droprate any less difficult than a NM that takes 8 highly skilled people giving everything they've got to kill that spawns every 18 hours with a 5% droprate?

Don't get me wrong, I fully agree that we should have big badass monsters roaming around. I just don't think they should have the same rediculous timmers. That's the only thing I'm arguing about in this thread. It doesn't make it harder it just limits the amount of people who can participate.

Constructively adding to this topic, I fully agree with Patriarch in that it would be fun to have different ways to spawn NMs and HNMs. My favorite method being forced pops. Even if the pop item is so rare it takes you 5+ hours to farm, you are at least doing something for those 5 hours. You are also not blocking anyone else from fighting the NM for the rest of the day when you go fight it. Lotto spawns and conditional spawns would be fun too provided they aren't too ridiculous.

Completely off topic: Everytime I see your damn name Patriarch it makes me want to go play Killing Floor >_>
Honestly some of the ideas in the OP for different ways of spawning NMs seems very interesting and fun (sans the timmed HNMs but I've said my piece on that.) I just wouldn't hold my breath for a response.
^ Meant specifically the timmers for the HNMs

World NMs: Yes, Please.
Special condition pops: Yes, Please.
Force pops: Yes, Please.
Large timmers for the sake of a cheap thrill: Thanks for the offer, but I'll have to pass.
Every arguement I gave was against having these HNMs killable say once or twice every day. It was not against having HNMs. I thought I was clear, I guess I wasn't. :P

I think the whole back and forth crap we have going about the poll is just miscommunication. The way I read is is they asked "If we change the claiming system do you want more instanced content and less claim wars?" The players voted yes that if the claim system changed they want more instanced content over fighting for loot. From that response they then changed the claim system and went with the direction of less competive PVE. I just don't see them adding in anything near the 18~24 hour spawn timmers that xi had.

The direction they've been continuously going in is that of access to everyone. If you have the time to spend and you have the people you can try anything this game has to offer no matter what your schedule is.