Character
    Sa'hana Zhralyia
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 80

Two Questions for the Devs: RP Server and Legacy Naming Credits

Hello, I'll get straight to the questions for this:

1.) Quite some time back Yoshi-P expressed interest in providing roleplayers with their own server in an interview. Since then I don't believe any information has been revealed on this matter. Is a RP server still in development or has this option been abandoned?

2.) One of the features for Legacy status was getting your name in the credits for A Realm Reborn. How will this work? Will it be our real names (The name registered in our Square Enix account), our chosen character name (If so do we get to choose which character name will be inserted into the credits) or our usernames? Will it show in the in-game credits or will it be on for example a separate insert in the packaging, or on the Final Fantasy XIV website?

EDIT: Note to make, I didn't notice the other thread asking about this until I looked down through the list. But in regards to that, Yoshi-P DID specifically say they were looking into adding a RP server in for a Realm Reborn, there certainly was no "I guarantee there will be one" thing said but that he wanted to add one in.

However since that interview (I haven't taken the time to look around for it but I do promise you it does exist in an interview somewhere.) I haven't seen or heard any information regarding their plans for one. So I am now asking in this thread for confirmation if they're still in consideration or if the plan has been abandoned.
    (11)
    Last edited by Mihana; 03-06-2013 at 12:07 AM. Reason: Made a note.

Player
    Character
    Cec White
    World
    Mandragora
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    Wierd I was just thinking about the 2nd question myself. My GUESS is that it will be about character names. It would be cool to use our real names though but my name is a common name but there aren't alot of cecil whites..
    (0)
    "Sorry-dorry"

Prince Bartholemew Fatima

Player
    Character
    Zenaku Yamada
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    There always a topic about this every few weeks we don't know how we put our name in the Credits. I guessing we know sometime near release.
    (1)
    Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together Autographed By "Akihiko Yoshida Tarot Card Sweepstakes Winner

Player
    Character
    Fluffy Pancake
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Here be teh other thread on the rp thing: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...-Server-in-2.0

I try to bump it occasionally so that it may catch the eyes of the devs. I hope that it's seen as an important issue, there are a lot of people who would wish to transfer there, and another group who are vehemently against going to an RP server so it'd suck for everyone if they ended up someplace they didn't like D:

That being said; if the Servers have their name changed, how in teh blue snurble are they going to decide on a new rp server in such a short amount of time D: lol.

I hope that SE does come to a quick decision soon, they don't even have to give us the server name, just say that "Yes, we've labelled one of these servers as an RP hub"
    (0)

Act in such a way that you treat humanity, whether in your own person or in the person of another, always at the same time as an end and never simply as a means

Quote Originally Posted by Mihana View Post
    Hello, I'll get straight to the questions for this:

1.) Quite some time back Yoshi-P expressed interest in providing roleplayers with their own server in an interview. Since then I don't believe any information has been revealed on this matter. Is a RP server still in development or has this option been abandoned?
    The development team is currently looking into this!

Quote Originally Posted by Mihana View Post
    2.) One of the features for Legacy status was getting your name in the credits for A Realm Reborn. How will this work? Will it be our real names (The name registered in our Square Enix account), our chosen character name (If so do we get to choose which character name will be inserted into the credits) or our usernames? Will it show in the in-game credits or will it be on for example a separate insert in the packaging, or on the Final Fantasy XIV website?
    Here's how this will work:

We're planning to use an online registration form that will allow you to create an alias of your choice.

Players will be able to enter a first and last name, both of which can be up to 13 characters in length. The first letter of each must be capitalized, and no numbers or symbols will be permitted.

We're also thinking of allowing only first names as well. My name, for example, could be either Okipuit Ogre or just Okipuit.

Please be advised that there may be circumstances where certain names cannot be used, or we request that names are changed.

Once everything is ready we'll make an announcement here on the forum, so be sure to keep an eye out!
    (55)
    Last edited by Okipuit; 03-26-2013 at 02:21 AM. Reason: Removed an extra "be".
    Okipuit - Community Team

Player
    Character
    Fluffy Pancake
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Okipuit View Post
    The development team is currently looking into this!

We're planning to use an online registration form that will allow you to create an alias of your choice.

Players will be able to enter a first and last name, both of which can be up to 13 characters in length. The first letter of each must be capitalized, and no numbers or symbols will be permitted.

We're also thinking of allowing only first names as well. My name, for example, could be either Okipuit Ogre or just Okipuit.

Please be advised that there be may be circumstances where certain names cannot be used, or we request that names are changed.

Once everything is ready we'll make an announcement here on the forum, so be sure to keep an eye out!
    Awww Okpuuuit, I could just pet your horns!

Thank you Ogre <3
    (5)

Act in such a way that you treat humanity, whether in your own person or in the person of another, always at the same time as an end and never simply as a means

Player
    Character
    Raion Hellfire
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 60
    Very awesome! I think if that's how it will be then it's possible we can either choose to have either our birth names or our character names.
    (1)
    http://amithist.deviantart.com/

Player
    Character
    Rina Inverse
    World
    Masamune
    Main Class
    Carpenter Lv 51
    Quote Originally Posted by Okipuit View Post

Please be advised that there be may be circumstances where certain names cannot be used, or we request that names are changed.

tagging in

Player
    Character
    Della Wanderer
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 70

Balmung

Please please please devs,
    remember that most rpers are already on Balmung. If you are going to designate any server it should be Balmung.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Fluffy Pancake
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Dav View Post
    Please please please devs,
    remember that most rpers are already on Balmung. If you are going to designate any server it should be Balmung.
    Server names may be changed with the release of 2.0, we don't know yet ;~; ; but with their decision to label one server RP, everyone who wishes to will be able to go there so you have nothing to worry about
    (1)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast