Player
    Character
    The Patriarch
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukkirii View Post
    We’ve been told that there are some very interesting ideas floating around the developer’s room for notorious monster spawn conditions in 2.0! Although, I cannot tell you what they have in store for you just yet (of course, right? ), I hope this information piques your interest.

There are a lot of great ideas in this thread so far, we would love to hear more of what you would like to see so that we can continue to share your ideas with the dev. team.
    Ah, thanks for the response!

A small feeling of success! Hopefully this is a step in the right direction!

Let's keep the ideas, and criticisms up guys. The OP is waiting for further edits and additions
    (2)
    Bring Quality Notorious Monsters to FFXIV!

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/40738-Highly-Notorious-Monstersz

Player
    Character
    Sri Ahbayaa
    World
    Durandal
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    We’ve been told that there are some very interesting ideas floating around the developer’s room for notorious monster spawn conditions in 2.0! Although, I cannot tell you what they have in store for you just yet (of course, right? ), I hope this information piques your interest.

There are a lot of great ideas in this thread so far, we would love to hear more of what you would like to see so that we can continue to share your ideas with the dev. team.
    Thank you SO much for the response! It's good to hear there are ideas being passed around on this. Thank you for taking the time to listen.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Tsubaki Nakatsu
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Firon View Post
    I think HNM's follow the same group as normal nm's for devs I thought players made the term HNM up very much like Af when the devs keeps saying the gear we got isn't AF >.>.
    The JP community coined the term HNM but I highly doubt that they received the same "treatment" and design as regular NMs from the dev team in FFXI. They are in a league of their own which is why they are considered "HNM".
    (0)
    www.bluegarter.guildwork.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Rydin View Post
    Look at you... Just when I thought I liked Carraway more (and Fusional A LOT LESS)... Richard... you're my new favorite

Player
    Character
    Exocryst Lebreska
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 80
    Dunno if this was suggested (too many pages), but should there be an ice cave of some sort there could be an nm that spawns as a reflection on the walls of ice which can be attacked to lure the nm out so that it can be battled.

If the party/alliance fails to damage the ice within a certain amount of time, the shadow could despawn and reappear 20min later. If the party/alliance deals enough damage within a given time period, the monster spawns just outside of the ice and can be battled like any other NM. Win/lose, the shadow could respawn 2-4 hours later. While the shadow is out and about, it could mess with unsuspecting adventurers in some way (maybe use an ice breath attack?)
    (0)
    <--Giver of yarns, not the giver of darns :3
    Follow me on Twitter @Antanias_

Player
    Character
    Maelina Sylfei
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 64

Condition spawn : Rukkirrii spawns in Sphoshae when there is a player level 25+ in the dungeon.
    Level : (matches highest player's level inside Sphoshae) + 3 additional levels
    Behaviour : Hunt down the highest level player (minimum of level 25), then the next highest level player and so on until no player level 25+ are found in the dungeon. (despawns then)
    (0)
    LOL cash shop! SE's way to tell their player how they appreciate them... pull the carrot and empty your pockets $$$
    And to those who support it: you are kicking yourselves. -- We just need to sit back and laugh at people with cash shop items.
    (Marvelous economics IQ test!)

Player
    Character
    Sri Ahbayaa
    World
    Durandal
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Antanias View Post
    Dunno if this was suggested (too many pages), but should there be an ice cave of some sort there could be an nm that spawns as a reflection on the walls of ice which can be attacked to lure the nm out so that it can be battled.

If the party/alliance fails to damage the ice within a certain amount of time, the shadow could despawn and reappear 20min later. If the party/alliance deals enough damage within a given time period, the monster spawns just outside of the ice and can be battled like any other NM. Win/lose, the shadow could respawn 2-4 hours later. While the shadow is out and about, it could mess with unsuspecting adventurers in some way (maybe use an ice breath attack?)
    I like this idea!

I think it would be interesting to have an NM that hunts YOU. For example, one that lures weary travelers in with a will-o-the-wisp type light. Similar to the reflection, you would have to be paying attention to see it, as it wouldn't be targetable. It could appear randomly to you in the distance at night. If you approach it it recedes and it gradually leads you toward an encounter with the creature who is lying in wait to attack you. It should soloable only with much skill since, after all, you're the one being hunted.

Some of my other favorite ideas from this thread have been the Skyrim-esque dragons that you would have to follow around until they land. Or they could come down to attack you if you wander unwittingly beneath them. Similar to the UFOs in FFXI's sea. Also, having to "track" your prey via randomly placed ???s throughout the zone that lead you toward the next one. For example, footprints, gnawed sheep carcasses, etc. These are all bot-proof, fair claim ideas.

Let's stop arguing amongst ourselves and start presenting as many good ideas as possible if the devs are listening.

Edit: I like your idea too, Nakiamiie! Maybe it should be an NM that only spawns once every couple of days or something since it would be annoying getting attacked every time you went in.
    (0)
    Last edited by Abhayaa; 04-05-2012 at 10:56 AM.

Player
    Character
    Void Spirit
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    By the way, wasn't the term for "HNM" in FFXI known as "Hyper Notorious Monster" ?
    "Highly Notorious Monster" doesn't make sense, and it just sounds silly.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Firon Veleth
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard_BG View Post
    The JP community coined the term HNM but I highly doubt that they received the same "treatment" and design as regular NMs from the dev team in FFXI. They are in a league of their own which is why they are considered "HNM".
    When they added Dodore and such they was just called NM's by the Dev team which means they basically fall in the same category. HNM is just a player term, all nm's in the game are just NM's to the dev team and nothing more.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Nyris Reach
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Kisuke View Post
    By the way, wasn't the term for "HNM" in FFXI known as "Hyper Notorious Monster" ?
    "Highly Notorious Monster" doesn't make sense, and it just sounds silly.
    Hypnotically Notorious Monster!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Firon View Post
    I think HNM's follow the same group as normal nm's for devs I thought players made the term HNM up very much like Af when the devs keeps saying the gear we got isn't AF >.>.
    There was also a question about the reasoning for the job-specific gear being referred to as AF (or artifact gear). While the upcoming job-specific gear is a type of artifact gear, there are plans to have other types of artifact gear in the future, some of which won’t necessarily be job-specific.
    (0)

Player

I bet that it has tO do with the weather system...
    (0)

Page 64 of 117 FirstFirst ... 14 54 62 63 64 65 66 74 114 ... LastLast