Page 13 of 117 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 63 113 ... LastLast
    Player

Quote Originally Posted by Sephrick View Post
    There are no benefits to claim wars and exp loss that can't be replicated by other means.

And comparing endgame on an MMO to the complexities of a nation's deficit is hardly a sound basis. Families don't starve if there's no claim wars in XIV.

If people are experiencing content too fast, SE can put longer cool downs on the instances. If people are just diving on the swords and not fearing death then SE can make it so a wipe boots you from the instance with the full cool down in effect.

But in the end, SE knows what their game needs more than you do.
    You're missing the point, the point was people don't understand what they're asking for. The point wasn't about what's on the line. They're similar in the fact they think something's bad when it's not.

And I should hope that they know more considering it's their job. Unfortunately on many issues I think they lack good judgement.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Sephrick Markarius
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by ArnoMorley View Post
    You're missing the point, the point was people don't understand what they're asking for. The point wasn't about what's on the line. They're similar in the fact they think something's bad when it's not.

And I should hope that they know more considering it's their job. Unfortunately on many issues I think they lack good judgement.
    You're welcome to your opinion. We all are.

I have faith things will pan out this time around.

There are plenty of competition-focused activities in the 2.0 pipeline. Frontlines, Arena PvP, Free Companies, Odin.

I think they're planning plenty to satisfy that competitive urge without stepping on the toes of the core PvE experience.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Alaula Aurelia
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Armorer Lv 60
    As long as they can make a loot pool for our rare drops to fall into instead of someone's else private loot pool.
    I can imagine now, a rare sword falling into someone's pool, he has always wanted it only for the leader of the LS to say, "Hey, pass that to XYZ for me, kthx!"
    (0)

Player
    Character
    The Patriarch
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by AlaulaTheGreat View Post
    As long as they can make a loot pool for our rare drops to fall into instead of someone's else private loot pool.
    I can imagine now, a rare sword falling into someone's pool, he has always wanted it only for the leader of the LS to say, "Hey, pass that to XYZ for me, kthx!"
    I agree, alongside the introduction of true HNM's in FFXIV, Loot pool distribution will definitely need to be fixed.

/edit: Why is everyone opposed to elite gear? Isn't the point of all video games (Games* period) to win? You want to be better than the rest? I don't know about you but playing a game where everyone has the same piece of gear, and there is a blatant lack of diversity, isn't really worth playing. Having HNM's where gear is elusive and rather difficult to obtain not only gives you a factor of diversity among players, but gives people items to work forward too.

But in the end, you will have your instanced raid gear that you will be able to obtain. Gear from your grand companies you can get. Why you insist on raising such a fuss because some of us want our HNM's is just silly.
    (1)
    Last edited by ThePatriarch; 03-27-2012 at 05:28 AM.
    Bring Quality Notorious Monsters to FFXIV!

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/40738-Highly-Notorious-Monstersz

Player

But in the end, SE knows what their game needs more than you do.
    And certainly way more than you do as well..

A heavily instanced game with a dead open-world will keep XIV from ever thriving. Alot of games already do that ALOT better, not to mention XI was the MMO that actually had a great grasp on how to make open-world challenging and exciting. You can claim it was all "easy".. but if you do that in comparison to the instanced stuff we've got in XIV right now.. you just destroyed your own arguement and can feel free to sell that crap to someone who's crazy enough to believe it. Either that or you didn't even really play XI, which is just another reason to gloss over your posts as just more heavily opinionated rambling..
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Nyris Reach
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 50
    Sephrick and Arno... you guys just cannot get along...
    But I do applaud you both for being able to have a discussion without super flaming or idiotic memes
    (0)

Player

(0)

Player
    Character
    The Patriarch
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Exni View Post

A heavily instanced game with a dead open-world will keep XIV from ever thriving. Alot of games already do that ALOT better, not to mention XI was the MMO that actually had a great grasp on how to make open-world challenging and exciting. You can claim it was all "easy".. but if you do that in comparison to the instanced stuff we've got in XIV right now.. you just destroyed your own arguement and can feel free to sell that crap to someone who's crazy enough to believe it. Either that or you didn't even really play XI, which is just another reason to gloss over your posts as just more heavily opinionated rambling..
    I agree. He claims we are all contradicting ourselves.. but he states all of the HNM's in FFXI were easy. If you started playing in 2009 yes, it would be easy. But for the ones of us who stared Fafnir down with an earth staff in our hands trying to kill him for the first time, it was not easy.

Sephrick has good ideas sometimes, and I promote his opinions. But his closed-mindedness and his childish comments about how "HNMS are stupid" kind of make me ignore his posts :/
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Sephrick Markarius
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Exni View Post

The thing is, I support the side based on what SE has said are their intentions for the game.

I did play XI, from 2004 through to 2011 when I decided to put my full support behind XIV. I did the gamut of endgame content from all the Abyssea to ZNMs (before someone says they're not "old school" end game, I picked them because it's "Ato Z.")

1.x instances aren't representative of all that SE wants to throw at us. Ifrit is an example of what SE would like to do, but that the server structure and game engine are just too poorly designed to support it. Hence the new servers and engine in 2.0 designed with instancing content in mind!

There's a reason why they're wiping most of the 1.x content when 2.0 hits -- it's just some stuff they're adding to keep us busy while we wait so we can have stuff the new 2.0 players can't have.

So your point is moot. XI was easy but time consuming. We've yet to see what Yoshida and crew will do with XIV.

But when the 2.0 trailer hits at E3, I doubt anyone will ask "that's cool, but where's the mobs that spawn once a week that only one group can fight for a 10% chance at a drop?"

I agree. He claims we are all contradicting ourselves.. but he states all of the HNM's in FFXI were easy. If you started playing in 2009 yes, it would be easy. But for the ones of us who stared Fafnir down with an earth staff in our hands trying to kill him for the first time, it was not easy.

Sephrick has good ideas sometimes, and I promote his opinions. But his closed-mindedness and his childish comments about how "HNMS are stupid" kind of make me ignore his posts :/
    I remember Earth Staff Paladins. I also remember when Ninjas weren't tanks.

I'm hardly the one who is closed-minded on this topic, but keep telling yourself that.

I keep trying to direct the conversation to compromise but it comes back to the same line in the sand. And that's your loss. XIV v2.0 is being designed to focus on instances. So your not getting anywhere by being stubborn.
    (0)
    Last edited by Sephrick; 03-27-2012 at 06:13 AM.

Player
    Character
    The Patriarch
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    There's a reason why they're wiping most of the 1.x content when 2.0 hits -- it's just some stuff they're adding to keep us busy while we wait so we can have stuff the new 2.0 players can't have.

So your point is moot. XI was easy but time consuming. We've yet to see what Yoshida and crew will do with XIV.

But when the 2.0 trailer hits at E3, I doubt anyone will ask "that's cool, but where's the mobs that spawn once a week that only one group can fight for a 10% chance at a drop?"

FFXI like any other MMORPG after being out for 10+years, will become easier over time. Do you remember trying to kill Vrtra in 2004? Your linkshells first run into Dynamis just to quickly get shipped back out. The hilarity of all of the linkshells first runs into Einherjar? The first few Kirin attempts, and having no idea he spawned other gods? Sea Jailers? When they were first released, they were difficult; some incredibly difficult.

Do you remember how hard it was to get to Sea? Yes, it was time consuming, but can you sit here and tell me it was easy? You can blow smoke all you want, but SE had so many challenges. Regardless of your feeble attempts to stray people away from any opinions you don't like, XI had grit. But when you have those events for years, strategies get honed, people learn to dodge any chance of dying.

So please Sephrick, continue to inform us on how HNM's are crap. And how 2.0 is going to bring us into a euphoric land of happiness, with impossible Instanced raids that will drop relics so that everyone can have the same gear.

____________________________________________________________________________________________

Moving on, it looks as if the general concensus is that the greater majority would love to see HNM's with <15 min windows, and <12 hour spawns.

I'm hardly the one who is closed-minded

XIV v2.0 is being designed to focus on instances. So your not getting anywhere by being stubborn.
    I am here, along with many others to make sure that 2.0 will have more than just shitty instances. Get used to me, I am going no where.

And the stubborn comment... Coming from the guy posting in nearly every thread preaching the greatness of the instances 2.0 will bring. All you are doing is keeping my thread at the top. So I will give you a small thanks, and hopefully you will assist in us getting a Dev comment.
    (2)
    Last edited by ThePatriarch; 03-27-2012 at 06:23 AM.

Page 13 of 117 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 63 113 ... LastLast