Player
    Character
    Rizon Cerberus
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 81

Local Levees - The Bastard Stepchild of FFXIV

Guess it is time for my periodic diatribe against SE and their lack of support for the Local Levee system. Yoshida-San if you are not going to support this system why do we even have it? It continues to be an exercise in futility. At the moment I am trying to level Crp, Alc and Cul. After visiting all 3 cities at a cost of 10K I was actually able to obtain 2 Crp quests within my current level range. Absolutely nothing for Alc and Cul. This has been a conrinuing problem for the past 18 months. I and others have complained about it and as usual we have been totally ignored by SE. Yoshida-San either correct this problem or get rid of the local levee system and come right out and tell the populace that if they want to level DoH they must spend countless hours on DoL the get Mats or have to spend boatloads of Gil for the Mats. At least then we will know where we stand. You have spent time developing Regional Levees to make them meaningful. Please do the same for Local Levees. I know I will receive no response from SE but I had to post this anyways.
    (36)

Player
    Character
    Eisen Gramul
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Blacksmith Lv 90
    They mentioned they where taking focus away from leves a long time ago.
    It's still there because why get rid of it?
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Exocryst Lebreska
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 80
    I thought I read somewhere that local leves were getting adjusted when the old recipies are abolished, and I wanna say that'll be in 1.22
    (3)
    <--Giver of yarns, not the giver of darns :3
    Follow me on Twitter @Antanias_

Player
    Character
    Jinko Jinko
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 80
    Actually they said that they were making the focus of leve more solo content, they never said they were taking focus away.

How could they when they have added company leves since.

I agree with the OP they need to add more local leves oh and lets not forget the field leves either.
    (8)

Player
    Character
    Fated Erskine
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 80
    It's local leves
    (21)

Player
    Character
    Inaca Selenaca
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinko View Post
    Actually they said that they were making the focus of leve more solo content, they never said they were taking focus away.
    When FINAL FANTASY XIV was launched last September, it was stated via official channels that guildleves will form the heart of the game. Today, I’d like to officially retract that statement.

Guildleves will no longer be central to FINAL FANTASY XIV.
    Source: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/14828

Was pretty big news at the time.
    (9)

Player
    Character
    Nefario Call
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Alchemist Lv 80
    I haven't levelled my battle classes in close to a year.
    All i ever do is local leves and generally, i don't have a problem.
    The system COULD use a greater number of generated selections,
    but the 40+ leves are always in the city of origin and in good number.
    They spawn in city and at 4 campsite locations in the surrounding area.
    I choose three that are common, set them as favorites and cycle my anima which generates about the same rate as leves do anyway. Never spend a gil on grinding materials.
    (2)
    --------------
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/145190-Dungeons-Opening-Up-To-Explore
    Make it happen.

Player
    Character
    Jinko Jinko
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Inaaca View Post
    Source: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/14828

Was pretty big news at the time.
    I know this, but like I said they have since reformed battle leves, increased xp, added a bonus at the end of completion, added company leves etc.

Don't be selective either.

We will reposition guildleves as content catering to solo adventurers, which can be enjoyed repeatedly and with minimal time investment and fuss.
    Is exactly what I previously said.

Ironically due to Power-levelling many low level players are forced to do Leves as the only way to progress because they can no longer find optimal parties.

So his plan didn't work out so well did it ?

None of this has any relation to local leves either as that producer letter was mostly aimed at battle leves.

As the OP said people have been requesting for more variety in local/field leves since the games launch and nothing has been done about it.
    (11)
    Last edited by Jinko; 03-24-2012 at 11:57 PM.

Player
    Character
    Airget Lamh
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Botanist Lv 90
    Perhaps the OP needs to take advantage of his other crafts at 50 and make some gil and just purchase materials to skillup with rather then relying on local leves. Seriously you have Smith, Armorcraft, Goldsmithing, Leathercraft and Clothcraft at 50 along with mining at 40 and you are using local leves as a means to level? Perhaps the MW economy is worse on your server but you should be able to profit with ores and purchase a decent amount of logs to skillup with rather then spending 10k traveling to both towns, take that 10k and purchase 5-10 logs of the appropriate skillup range and that's 1-2 local leves worth of synths right there.

Local leves are meant to ease the leveling process by not having to purchase as many materials, if there are to many local leves then leveling crafts will just be a joke and the MW materials would just sell at a slower rate since people would be able to pick up 8 of their level range crafting leves at once. Ok so you're 36, get your hands on some Mahogany Logs, they stack up to 99 so no need to worry about inventory getting clogged up and the recipe level is 41, so you might be able to squeeze 1-2 levels out of it if you are going for max exp potential. Then you can just move onto Rosewood lumber.

Keep this in mind though, there's math that goes on when obtaining local leves, consider the location and time it would take to arrive at said location, consider if you would want to use anime or not and then consider how many synths you could've done in the time of said travel if you just used purchased materials. If you are taking your time and don't want to grind, then grab leves, then you can leisurely travel to the destination and take a break from crafting while you head to turn it in to obtain more xp. But if you just want to level then spending gil to purchase materials is the way to go.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Jinko Jinko
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 80
    So basically you are advising someone not to use his daily allowance because leves are broken ?

I'm sure the OP has plenty of gil to spend if he wants to but why should he waste it on trying to level, when their should be easier ways to do so. (so you are saying crafting is only for the rich ?)

Hamlet defence better offer decent DoL and DoH activities.
    (6)
    Last edited by Jinko; 03-25-2012 at 12:58 AM.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast