Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Player

Some people here are obviously on their first craft based on what im seeing

Let me bring forth a few facts that some of you may not know(based on the fact i grind leves at 50 still and only the 40+ ones)

1) not all crafts are created equal in leves, while alchemy/leather/carpentry may not have many 40+ leves, weaving, blacksmith, goldsmith have TONS of 40+ leves
    2) only 1 craft that ive seen has a 50 leve, weaving(armorsmith may have it also, i havent checked)
    3) Not all cities leves are equal to other cities, Uldah may have better leves for goldsmithing while limsa may shaft it completely(not a fact there, but just an example)

I hear all the time how you wont always have a leve you want to do available at 40+, but some people leave out certain aspects of this
    they forget to tell you they only want to do the ones in town
    they refuse to do ones at bluefog(or some other far off area that requires actual running to get to or anima)
    or one of many other reasons they choose not to do certain ones
    and then there are those who flat out refuse to leave uldah and check out the other cities

I feel if you want to really do leves, you need to learn to branch out, explore the other cities, see what they have to offer, each one has different ones available
    and while certain crafts are still going to be completely shafted regardless(see: leatherworking) you at least still have options open to you

and by chance, with all these options, should you not be given a single option thats 40+ at any city? do any single 1 other leve, and itl totaly reset the counter!

my final thoughts: the leve system does need to be reworked to give us more leves available to us in each range yes, but some people arent even willing to do the slightest bit of legwork to even research the truth behind the system as it is now and just check uldah, and whine like a 2 year old cuz they arent getting there way there

Player
    Character
    Nyris Reach
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Wynn View Post
    Local leves that aren't really local are an entirely different discussion that I'd love to talk about, but that really isn't the biggest problem here.

The real problem is the abysmal number of leves for higher levels. Keep in mind that these leves don't always appear each time it resets. If there is only one leve for a craft class at say 45, and it doesn't appear, that crafter is SOL until the next leve reset. Unless they decide to roll the dice again, take a way under-level leve, complete and turn it in, and then see if the appropriately ranged 45 leve graced him or her with its presence this time.

This really shouldn't be the way this works.
    I did every single crafting class from 45-50 on leves
    (Well CRP and ARM I did some grinding too) and I never EVER had 1 situation where I went to grab a leve in the 40+ section and there was none... there was always at least 1... and this is through 600+ leves spread over all 8 crafting classes
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Nyris Reach
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by TheVedis View Post
    Some people here are obviously on their first craft based on what im seeing

Let me bring forth a few facts that some of you may not know(based on the fact i grind leves at 50 still and only the 40+ ones)

1) not all crafts are created equal in leves, while alchemy/leather/carpentry may not have many 40+ leves, weaving, blacksmith, goldsmith have TONS of 40+ leves
    2) only 1 craft that ive seen has a 50 leve, weaving(armorsmith may have it also, i havent checked)
    3) Not all cities leves are equal to other cities, Uldah may have better leves for goldsmithing while limsa may shaft it completely(not a fact there, but just an example)

I hear all the time how you wont always have a leve you want to do available at 40+, but some people leave out certain aspects of this
    they forget to tell you they only want to do the ones in town
    they refuse to do ones at bluefog(or some other far off area that requires actual running to get to or anima)
    or one of many other reasons they choose not to do certain ones
    and then there are those who flat out refuse to leave uldah and check out the other cities

I feel if you want to really do leves, you need to learn to branch out, explore the other cities, see what they have to offer, each one has different ones available
    and while certain crafts are still going to be completely shafted regardless(see: leatherworking) you at least still have options open to you

and by chance, with all these options, should you not be given a single option thats 40+ at any city? do any single 1 other leve, and itl totaly reset the counter!

my final thoughts: the leve system does need to be reworked to give us more leves available to us in each range yes, but some people arent even willing to do the slightest bit of legwork to even research the truth behind the system as it is now and just check uldah, and whine like a 2 year old cuz they arent getting there way there
    this ^^^
    /10
    (0)

Player

Quote Originally Posted by Rydin View Post
    (Well CRP and ARM I did some grinding too) and I never EVER had 1 situation where I went to grab a leve in the 40+ section and there was none... there was always at least 1... and this is through 600+ leves spread over all 8 crafting classes
    i cant say the same

i did alot of leves at 40+ too, and there were some times where 1 didnt show....

but that doesnt mean it wasnt in another city instead. or that i couldnt do a single 35 leve to reset them and get a 40+ to show up

its rare, and it only happens with 2 classes in uldah(cooking and leatherworking) but it does happen

Player
    Character
    Aedan Yarborough
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 80
    Then you have beaten the odds and are the luckiest person on earth.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Nyris Reach
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Wynn View Post
    Then you have beaten the odds and are the luckiest person on earth.
    ok... well... once you are over 40 and have both 40's and 45's to choose from....
    If you are 35-39 and only 40's can possibly show up.... then yea,.. you can possible get none... but after level 40+... you should always see something

the facts about local leves

1. Every leve is always offered...
    2. Each leve has a level range
    3. Leves reset after you do 1

this means when a leve isn't showing up in the 40+, it is because it is being offered in the lower ranks.... But some leves are only offered 40+...a nd these leves will always show up

For instance... the weaver leve "A spot in the shade" is 45-50... it will ALWAYS be there in ul'dah.. ALWAYS... the turn in is at Bluefog... which really isn't as far as people think... I'd rather go to Blue Fog than broken water
    Also note since it is 45-50... you will NEVER see it at weaver 39

For Leatherworker... Hungry like the wolves and Morbol Measures will ALWAYS be there in grid.... they aren't offered in the lower ranks....

"A Bluefog Induction" will always be there for goldsmith....
    (0)

Player

ok... well... once you are over 40 and have both 40's and 45's to choose from....
    If you are 35-39 and only 40's can possibly show up.... then yea,.. you can possible get none... but after level 40+... you should always see something
    if you arent even 40 yet, and are complaining about only wanting to do 40+ you have another issue entirely too

if you are in the 35-40 range you should still have no issues doing 35 leves, if not 30 leves too

Player
    Character
    Nyris Reach
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by TheVedis View Post
    if you arent even 40 yet, and are complaining about only wanting to do 40+ you have another issue entirely too

if you are in the 35-40 range you should still have no issues doing 35 leves, if not 30 leves too
    Good a place as any to ask... how many achievement points are you up to? Are you doing the new currency ones? How the hell am I supposed to get that much money from MOB drops?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Aedan Yarborough
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 80
    this means when a leve isn't showing up in the 40+, it is because it is being offered in the lower ranks.... But some leves are only offered 40+...a nd these leves will always show up
    This is true...but as you say, only for the classes that actually have a leve that only appears as a level 40. That is not a true statement for every craft. In fact, it is only true for a few: BSM, LTH, and WVR.

The fact is most leves are not consistent like that, nor is it consistent across crafting classes. As you said, they have a level range and will randomly appear at one of those levels, not all.

Yes, you can reset them as i mentioned in a previous post. But... are you saying that it is ok for a crafter to waste their time doing leves that give little to no xp in many cases for the chance to get a worthwhile leve after turning it in? All this in addition to having to travel to multiple cities to fish for content each and every time? Would that be ok for battle and harvesting classes? If so, why don't their leves work this way?
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Tarragon Lai
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 50
    Wvr has "A Spot in the Shade" & "Fire on the Water"
    Gsm has "Bluefog Induction" & "In Arms Reach"
    Cul has "A Job Well Done" & "A Well Deserved Dinner"
    Tan has "Hungry Like the Wolves" & "Morbol Measures"
    Alc has "Preserving the Region"
    Crp has "Restocking the Stockade"

This is a list of leves that are ONLY 40+, so it doesn't count the ones that can pop 35-45 or 20-45 and so on. Who gets boned? Just armorer really, but even they have a few randoms that can go up to 45 and even one that can go to 50, some crafts don't even get a 50. BTW, if you're curious, this took me about 3 minutes to make this list.... quit bein lazy.
    (0)

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast