Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Player
    Character
    Tarragon Lai
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 50
    You shouldn't be relying on remedies to survive fights, that is one thing that is very different from XI. The remedies in this seem to be "in case of emergency break glass" type items. It is nice to be able to be self-sufficient when it comes to managing your status, but there are not currently situations where you have to remove the same effect 20 times in a row or your party will wipe. A whm might get silenced one time, say "oops! i was too close" take a step back and pop a throat drops, but staying in range of silence isn't necessary on anything. Petrify moves are easily avoided, too. Bottom line is, If your whm isn't petrified or silenced just have them cast esuna, its fast n cheap. "Then we have to take a whm!" same thing as before but its whm instead of cnj like it was before the job patch.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Carbuncle Plushy
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 80
    I disagree. Potions and remedies are not replacements for a WHM, they are consumables to provide a quick alternative. Not only that, they give ALC a reason to exist. The super boosting potions ought to be the luxury items as many have suggested, but the common remedies, they should be fast, reusable, and effective. Why? Because it builds community. Suddenly, you are making deals with your favorite ALC buddy for this weeks supply of remedies in almost the same way an ARC deals with his arrow supplier. And if these common remedies were more usable, ALCs could charge less!! That's right, charge less. Why's that? Demand. If I know people are going to keep buying the stuff, I don't need to profit so heavily off selling one or two. We need to think of this as the DoH's way of participating in the content of DoW/M. Right now, they are just luxury items that the common adventurer can't afford, and even if they could, won't buy because of the excessive cooldown rules.

Honestly though, I love ALC, it's the first Lv50 craft I got, but I gave up using it long ago... SE has shown they will not listen to crafters and instead make any radical change as it shooting at a dartboard. I don't see them revisiting this because they've already patted themselves on the back and checked off the "Revise ALC recipes" checkbox. I'd love to be proved wrong, but I'd sad to say I won't be surprised...
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Yoso Carrasco
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 74
    Quote Originally Posted by Peptaru View Post
    You shouldn't be relying on remedies to survive fights, that is one thing that is very different from XI. The remedies in this seem to be "in case of emergency break glass" type items. It is nice to be able to be self-sufficient when it comes to managing your status, but there are not currently situations where you have to remove the same effect 20 times in a row or your party will wipe. A whm might get silenced one time, say "oops! i was too close" take a step back and pop a throat drops, but staying in range of silence isn't necessary on anything. Petrify moves are easily avoided, too. Bottom line is, If your whm isn't petrified or silenced just have them cast esuna, its fast n cheap. "Then we have to take a whm!" same thing as before but its whm instead of cnj like it was before the job patch.
    My thoughts exactly.

I'd appreciate the recast timers to be reduced a little across the board, but I definitely don't want to see fights balanced around status recovery potions being spammable since it trivializes status effects and everyone is clamoring for battles to be difficult.
    (0)

Player

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0
    mabe reduced and still able to use potions of diffrent types

like give HP/MP potions their own respective times seperate them into catagories so if i use a eye drop i can still use a HP pot and vise versa

and to be honest the status effect pots shouldnt cure anything. they should have been resistance to the effect. like eye drops prevent blind for the duration and throat drops prevent silence
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Tarragon Lai
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 50
    There was a post in the translations thread about MAYBE seperating them into status fix and buff categories with seperate timers, if i read it correctly.
    (1)

Player

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0
    Quote Originally Posted by Peptaru View Post
    There was a post in the translations thread about MAYBE seperating them into status fix and buff categories with seperate timers, if i read it correctly.
    now that i would be happy with.

still wish the status fix didn't cure the status ailment but made you resistant for a duration. i think that would be far more useful with the lengthy timers that they currently have
    (0)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2