Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Ria Ayo
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Just have achievement rewards sent to you through the mail. You can even attach a lovely letter from said NPC to the item so people can still feel like it came from said npc... but having to go all over the map to claim rewards/titles isn't necessary. You already completed the achievement.

Really wish people would stop complaining to keep every little piece of design that makes the game take a few more minutes to do things that don't NEED to take a long time, thus making the whole game take forever to do anything just because someone wanted something to be "more realistic" or whatever. I remember when it took so long to npc vendor things in the beta that I didn't even clean out my inventory anymore... and it ruined the game. The AH and the inability to sell damaged gear STILL does this, as another example of things that are just more convoluted and time-consuming / annoying than they need to be. Ifrit should not be simple to kill, but selling an item on the AH or receiving a reward you unlocked should be.
    (0)

Community Rep
    Bump for UI changes!

In the current version of the game, the action bar and macro palette are independent from each other; however, in A Realm Reborn both the action bar and macro palette will be unified as a hot bar.

It will be possible to set actions, user macros, emotes, and other things and execute them by clicking on the hot bar. We are also planning to have a large amount of slots available for you to play with!

Sounds good, huh?
    (78)
    Bethany "Rukkirii" Stout - Community Team

Player
    Character
    Psxpert Sylph
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    Meh v.v;

I've gotten used to action/ macro bars

v.v;
    (1)

~'\[[_LEGACY_]]/'~
    TENTs because solo-friendly content forces me to want one!
    (HP + Instantly logout anywhere)

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/my/
    *Excalibur* Nation: Limsa Laminsa

Player
    Character
    Doho Fiasco
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Armorer Lv 50
    well you'll still use the same shortcuts, just the bars are all visible at the same time. works for me lol
    (0)
    "Unbelievable wipes... indescribable failings. Whining, bitching, rage quitting - through an endless party find." - Doho, A Whole New Whorl

Player
    Character
    Psxpert Sylph
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    This whole "UI improvements" seems like a waste of RPG game potential when all I need to know is the obvious.

I'm sorry Am a FFxi Vet (sinse 2004)and most of this intel on screen is situational but not worth the time when your suppose to focus on the action. I'll be checking all this garbage 'off' when I finally log into 2.0, the fun for me in discovering the new world(and NOT afraid of getting lost).

How are we going to play through a full HUB with all these distractions of numbers, colors and meters when we need to type, run, click and every other thing we're having a challenge doing on our own already?
    I can see the same as:
    driving in fast/heavy traffic and you know other drivers could easily be distracted by either cell-phone or GPSs. It's already hard enough to discern who knows what their doing.

I really feel these UI friendly functions are upgrades to a player base but a downgrade to Final Fantasy quality and skillful community.
    What would really improve this game is to know if SE is planning to extend our display/ HUB value!
    (9)
    Last edited by PSxpert2011; 08-28-2012 at 08:42 AM.

~'\[[_LEGACY_]]/'~

Player
    Character
    Psxpert Sylph
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Doho View Post
    well you'll still use the same shortcuts, just the bars are all visible at the same time. works for me lol
    That cool and all but I can deal with the option to make it appear and disappear when I'm not using it.
    (0)

~'\[[_LEGACY_]]/'~

Player
    Character
    Asael K'ni'roux
    World
    Halicarnassus
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukkirii View Post
    Bump for UI changes!

In the current version of the game, the action bar and macro palette are independent from each other; however, in A Realm Reborn both the action bar and macro palette will be unified as a hot bar.

It will be possible to set actions, user macros, emotes, and other things and execute them by clicking on the hot bar. We are also planning to have a large amount of slots available for you to play with!

Sounds good, huh?
    Any word on a text based menu UI and a macro system like XI for someone like me who really dosen't care much for the action bar???
    (6)
    Last edited by Allistar; 08-28-2012 at 09:06 AM.

Player
    Character
    Azran Hayat
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukkirii View Post
    Bump for UI changes!

Sounds good, huh?
    yep, sounds good, I don't really mind hitting alt or ctrl to bring up the macro menu but if we can remove one extra keystroke then why not
    Will be nice
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Her Majesty
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by PSxpert2011 View Post
    That cool and all but I can deal with the option to make it appear and disappear when I'm not using it.
    If they don't give you the option in the stock UI I am sure that someone will make an addon that will do that for you.

In fact, If the addons are like "that other MMO", players will be free to go as far as making their UI look exactly like FFXI.... if... they really wanted to... xD
    (2)

Player

Quote Originally Posted by PSxpert2011 View Post
    This whole "UI improvements" seems like a waste of RPG game potential when all I need to know is the obvious.

I'm sorry Am a FFxi Vet (sinse 2004)and most of this intel on screen is situational but not worth the time when your suppose to focus on the action. I'll be checking all this garbage 'off' when I finally log into 2.0, the fun for me in discovering the new world(and NOT afraid of getting lost).

How are we going to play through a full HUB with all these distractions of numbers, colors and meters when we need to type, run, click and every other thing we're having a challenge doing on our own already?
    I can see the same as:
    driving in fast/heavy traffic and you know other drivers could easily be distracted by either cell-phone or GPSs. It's already hard enough to discern who knows what their doing.

I really feel these UI friendly functions are upgrades to a player base but a downgrade to Final Fantasy quality and skillful community.
    What would really improve this game is to know if SE is planning to extend our display/ HUB value!
    The more information you have, the better player you become.
    (3)

Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast