Player
    Character
    Maelina Sylfei
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 64
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabaku_Usagi View Post
    Thank goodness! I hate it when I press [F5] to target the 5th displayed member and then remember it's [F6] ~_~
    You can change that in the keyboard settings in-game. I assign F1 for the 1st, F2 for the second and so on (F8 is me).
    No need to wait for 2.0!
    (2)
    LOL cash shop! SE's way to tell their player how they appreciate them... pull the carrot and empty your pockets $$$
    And to those who support it: you are kicking yourselves. -- We just need to sit back and laugh at people with cash shop items.
    (Marvelous economics IQ test!)

Player
    Character
    Arkhana Ishondul
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukkirii View Post
    We are working on implementing different types of icons being displayed in the party list such as actions being executed, recast timers, class icons, buffs and debuffs, and many others.
    Rukkirii, I love you, you lovely Coeurl.
    (1)

Player

I wanted to give a quick update on what else is in the works for the version 2.0 UI!

We are working on implementing different types of icons being displayed in the party list such as actions being executed, recast timers, class icons, buffs and debuffs, and many others. Having these types of icons visible will allow for an easier way to see what’s going on in the party, and if you aren’t happy with a specific icon, you will be able to customize them however you like.

I know there are a couple of you who have requested in the past for your own HP bar to be displayed in the party list, I just wanted to give you confirmation that it will indeed be displayed on the party list in version 2.0.
    Excellent!

Any news regarding being able to change the position party members show up in the party member list? For example, when I am healing it would be great if I could put the main tank at the top of the list in position one, and the off tank in position two, etc etc... Of course the other people in my party may have their own preferences, so any changes I made would only effect the display of my party member list.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Jinko Jinko
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 80
    Hopefully all the party UI will be customisable and allow for addon customisation as well.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Youngsun El'dritch
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinko View Post
    Some great additions here, keep up the good work guys, I look forward to seeing all this in action when 2.0 hits :P

Welcome to the world of modern MMOs and gaming, 2012 is happy to have you !

I welcome enmity bars and gauges, we have them right now and people still can't control their DPS properly, I can't imagine what it would be like if they couldn't see the icon flashing at all.
    This sounds more like a case of not paying attention.. the amount of hate is screaming in your face, and if people still can't control it.. i dont see how adding more gauges and bars is going to fix them... I personally would rather focus on customizing your screen more so and personallizing font colors..
    (0)

Community Rep

Targeting Using NPC/Character Names

Greetings,

We’ve seen some requests where players would like to target things by typing out NPC or player names and it was looking like this might be possible in patch 1.22b, but unfortunately it was determined that it would be too difficult to address this with the current system.

In version 2.0, we’re creating the UI with the following conditions in mind, which means that there shouldn’t be too many situations where you would need to type out NPC and player names with macros, etc.

Targeting Party Members

You’ll be able to decide the rules for your party member list and change the order to your liking. It will be possible to target by indicating TA1 for the tank for example.

Targeting Enemies

We’ll be implementing a command to target the enemy closest to you
    We’ll be implementing a command to target enemies that have enmity towards your character

By implementing the above, we believe it lowers the number of situations where typing names would be beneficial, but we are also planning to make it possible to target via direct name input for /invite and other commands where it is necessary.

We will be announcing specific feature details in the future.
    (37)
    Bethany "Rukkirii" Stout - Community Team

Player
    Character
    Chief Currahee
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 60
    what about target selection priority?

Can we get an option that allows us to target left to right / right to left the closest target to furthest target?

It's getting really frustrating that when i press left or right to target a mob that is almost directly in front of me, but I have to cycle through mobs that are on the outter most limits of the left/right side before I can target that mobs that is closer to me...
    (9)

Targeting Party Members

You’ll be able to decide the rules for your party member list and change the order to your liking. It will be possible to target by indicating TA1 for the tank for example.
    (3)
    Retired FFXI character: Ranok of Sylph

Player
    Character
    Akira Tenshi
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Weaver Lv 80
    This game really has the most ridiculously complex targeting system of any game ever and the more you keep adding to it the more complicated it gets. Who would have thought just hitting a monster in front of you could be so difficult. Why do we need a command to target the mob closest to us, why does it not do this by default?
    (12)

Player
    Character
    Vytas Bismarck
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    Personally i would love to have a "/target <NPCname>" command. Take Cutters Cry ants for example - wouldnt it be great if you could simply make a macro to target the guard the second it pops instead of having to swap through multiple targets till you find it...?
    (4)

Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast