Player
    Character
    Raikki Zero
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 70

Please fix/tokenize Darklight drops

There's no way we can keep people excited to raid every night for the next few months when there is a high probability that an entire night of full 5 chest clears will yield 0 good drops for anyone. Higher drop rates or a token system that lets us make steady progress would go a long way in keeping us motivated to run this content for longer.

While I understand the need to prevent people from being done with the content too fast and losing interest, the current system will instead make people lose interest long before they get the drops. I hope that 1.21a will address this, and I hope that future loot is handled better. Gear rewards should not be about "getting lucky", or players will feel cheated for their efforts.
    (40)

Player
    Character
    Deepening Shadow
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 70
    For the love of god no more tokens.
    (36)

Player
    Character
    Cesil Rapture
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    I wish they'd just make stuff more difficult instead of making it easy mode with a low drop rate. Make it challenging with a good drop rate...:/
    (45)

Player
    Character
    Crystal Violet
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 60
    I also agree the difficulty should be ramped up in exchange for a better drop rate. As it currently stands I'm really only interested in gaining all the achievements for a clear, and do not even want to bother with these drop rates. I hope SE will realize that this system is draining on mine, and others desire to continue playing this game for extended periods rather than extending it.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Shayla Asiaine
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Carpenter Lv 50
    Hello,

I thought 'low/annoying low' drop rates has always been an aspect of Final Fantasy. Be it good or bad, wanted or not, fun or not, it has been an aspect of Final Fantasy. Even XIII required a fair bit of grinding at the end of the game (and that was one of their easiest games).

So far, the drop rates seem generous compared to early days in FFXI. Very generous. No idling for 4-6 hours hoping the monster pops in your range, AND that you hit provoke before everyone else, AND you succeed in killing the NM before it kills you, AND it drops the item you want.

The only random factor left is if it drops. You already know you will get the win, you already know when it will pop (since its instanced), and you even have a good chance of getting little things on the way, AND you can repeat it every hour (rather, than, say, 3 days if you are hoping for a defender ring).

Still want my Defender Ring (and Kraken Club) btw....

Good or bad, Fun or not, I think this is an aspect of Final Fantasy (and to some extension JRPGs) that sets it apart from the more common/mainstream games. To take it away is to take away a significant aspect of Final Fantasy.

For those of us who want the 'Final Fantasy' experience it would be a loss. And those of us who want the Final Fantasy experience came here, because it said Final Fantasy in the title, and we have certain expectations that we hope are upheld.

I sometimes feel if we combine all the critisms about the experiences here together, and if they were all addressed, we would end up with a world that was more like WoW or one of the free-to-play-mass-produced-nameless MMORPGs out there. And not final fantasy.

Then where would those who want Final Fantasy go?

Sorry for the long post ^.^;
    (12)

Player
    Character
    Judge Torx
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    We've cleared Aurum SR5C probably 20 times in the past four nights and have gotten 1 darklight helm. They failed so miserably first by putting ALL mage darklight in one instance, and the fact that NOTHING drops. At all. Bogus instance.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Haledos Atrelies
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 52
    I agree with the above, i'd much rather it was made harder and the droprate was increased.
    I'm fed up of MMO's nowadays that instantly reward you every step of the way, it loses the majesty and wonder of pondering what you might get from this drop or this chest. You feel great if something you want drops, and if it doesn't - try again tomorrow!

God damn WoW with its tokens are obliterating MMOs : (
    (4)

Character
    Shosa Sosa
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Asiaine View Post
    Hello,

I thought 'low/annoying low' drop rates has always been an aspect of Final Fantasy. Be it good or bad, wanted or not, fun or not, it has been an aspect of Final Fantasy. Even XIII required a fair bit of grinding at the end of the game (and that was one of their easiest games).

So far, the drop rates seem generous compared to early days in FFXI. Very generous. No idling for 4-6 hours hoping the monster pops in your range, AND that you hit provoke before everyone else, AND you succeed in killing the NM before it kills you, AND it drops the item you want.

The only random factor left is if it drops. You already know you will get the win, you already know when it will pop (since its instanced), and you even have a good chance of getting little things on the way, AND you can repeat it every hour (rather, than, say, 3 days if you are hoping for a defender ring).

Still want my Defender Ring (and Kraken Club) btw....

Good or bad, Fun or not, I think this is an aspect of Final Fantasy (and to some extension JRPGs) that sets it apart from the more common/mainstream games. To take it away is to take away a significant aspect of Final Fantasy.

For those of us who want the 'Final Fantasy' experience it would be a loss. And those of us who want the Final Fantasy experience came here, because it said Final Fantasy in the title, and we have certain expectations that we hope are upheld.

I sometimes feel if we combine all the critisms about the experiences here together, and if they were all addressed, we would end up with a world that was more like WoW or one of the free-to-play-mass-produced-nameless MMORPGs out there. And not final fantasy.

Then where would those who want Final Fantasy go?

Sorry for the long post ^.^;
    You must really want that DEFENDING Ring since u even know the name of it
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Synyster Mugiwara
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Zenaku Yamada
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    If they allow you to get it so easy then people would get bored don't you understand this?

Oh look i got all gear within 1month ok guys i'm going to stop playing to next patch see you then then all your member who still need items can't get it because the first party got it and most people wont really help others when they got there full set.
    (1)
    Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together Autographed By "Akihiko Yoshida Tarot Card Sweepstakes Winner

Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast