Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Aqua Resonare
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 90
    mah, after camping Vivian with friend in FFXI, I'm not gonna complain about DL drop now... not saying it's not low, it's just... not Vivian.
    (3)
    Merlwyb is my wife~

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/139657

http://www.youtube.com/user/ragzGT

Player
    Character
    Crystal Violet
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenaku View Post
    If they allow you to get it so easy then people would get bored don't you understand this?

Oh look i got all gear within 1month ok guys i'm going to stop playing to next patch see you then then all your member who still need items can't get it because the first party got it and most people wont really help others when they got there full set.
    Well, in your situation people resume playing in the next patch. I think the argument is that with the current situation many will leave, and not resume playing at all. I honestly wouldn't mind a cycle of completing content, and taking a break until patches until 2.0 (at which point content should be to a point to keep players occupied between patches). Yoshi-P said this was meant to be consumable content, but he wont let us consume it!
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Zenaku Yamada
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Bocajo View Post
    Well, in your situation people resume playing in the next patch. I think the argument is that with the current situation many will leave, and not resume playing at all. I honestly wouldn't mind a cycle of completing content, and taking a break until patches until 2.0 (at which point content should be to a point to keep players occupied between patches). Yoshi-P said this was meant to be consumable content, but he wont let us consume it!
    In FFXI i did endgame for months hoping to get one item and keep playing because there was so much to do. Maybe if the dungeon was more fun and they was more stuff to do in your free time in the game it wont be that bad and boring it's only the start ffxi was just like this just have to give it time.
    (1)
    Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together Autographed By "Akihiko Yoshida Tarot Card Sweepstakes Winner

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Babydoll View Post
    I wish they'd just make stuff more difficult instead of making it easy mode with a low drop rate. Make it challenging with a good drop rate...:/

Agree with this, but we have what we have, and increasing the drop rate, or making bodies drop from things other than Speed run chests is silly.

Quote Originally Posted by Raikki View Post
    There's no way we can keep people excited to raid every night for the next few months when there is a high probability that an entire night of full 5 chest clears will yield 0 good drops for anyone. Higher drop rates or a token system that lets us make steady progress would go a long way in keeping us motivated to run this content for longer.

While I understand the need to prevent people from being done with the content too fast and losing interest, the current system will instead make people lose interest long before they get the drops. I hope that 1.21a will address this, and I hope that future loot is handled better. Gear rewards should not be about "getting lucky", or players will feel cheated for their efforts.

This is the first RARE gear we've even had in this game, and you want to nerf it 2 weeks into patch? Get a better LS, imo.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Aqua Resonare
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarface View Post
    Agree with this, but we have what we have, and increasing the drop rate, or making bodies drop from things other than Speed run chests is silly.

This is the first RARE gear we've even had in this game, and you want to nerf it 2 weeks into patch? Get a better LS, imo.
    Get a better LS? Really? Problem is we beat these so much it's mad boring. And 6 runs 30 chests 0 DL for the night while tossing out most of the drops is not that constructive.
    (6)
    Merlwyb is my wife~

Player
    Character
    Crystal Violet
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 60
    Zenaku, There are some key differences between this situation and that of ffxi (dearth of content aside). The first being that the abhorrent drop rates were on the HNMs, and this was open world content (some people were able to obtain these drops by paying linkshell's for the them, not saying this is good or bad, but it was an alternative method of attaining the items nonetheless). Also, not all end game followed this pattern, content such as sky had much more reasonable drop rates (though time sinks were still present with farming pop items etc, but these could also be purchased if desired).

As it stands, each "end game" content released has this same abysmal drop rate system. Perhaps time sinks need be present, but must they always be applied to the drop rate system? >.<
    (2)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragz View Post
    Get a better LS? Really? Problem is we beat these so much it's mad boring. And 6 runs 30 chests 0 DL for the night while tossing out most of the drops is not that constructive.
    No one is forcing you to spam it to get DL, you (we) do it because we want the gear. Believe it or not, you're not the only LS in the world going 0/50+ on DL.

Were at like 7/250ish.

Anything in this game can be beaten, and done no problem, in full AF.

So be casual if you want.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Aqua Resonare
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 90
    I personally don't have much a beef with drop rate, as my previous post suggested. But, to suggest that a better LS is a solution is not all that responsible.

We have like 7-8 pieces so far though no luck on bodies yet.
    (2)
    Merlwyb is my wife~

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragz View Post
    But, to suggest that a better LS is a solution is not all that responsible.
    For some, rather many, this is the case.

Also, looking through my posts, my comment about LS wasn't directed at you anywho.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Aqua Resonare
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarface View Post
    For some, rather many, this is the case.

Also, looking through my posts, my comment about LS wasn't directed at you anywho.
    You know me and Rai is in same LS right >.<V also find a better LS require her to transfer server, so you are suggesting one of the co-leader of the LS to transfer server and ditch us!
    (1)
    Merlwyb is my wife~

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast