Player
    Character
    Crystal Violet
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 60

Goldsmithing Woes

The slot cost addition has been a major boon for goldsmiths, all slots of accessories are now valued and I have made a large amount of money off people stocking up on the new accessories.

However, now that the new and shiny accessories are not as new, most of them are selling for a little more than they cost to make and profits are greatly diminished.

My issue I'm having is that from my point of view goldsmith really only has the potential to make large profits shortly after the release of new accessories.

Most other crafting classes have the vast potential for profit in the materia system. Goldsmithing is severely limited in this department from my standpoint. The only useful items to meld from what I've seen are lightning brands and ringbands (concerning which gsm cannot even create the base item).

In contrast, crafts like armorer, leatherworker, and weaver can create entire sets of melded armor.

I understand i could make HQ gear, but every crafting class has that same potential. I could also level other crafts, but I'm looking at long term when only one crafting class will be available to cap.

My overall concern is, why should I choose to make gsm my one class to cap over another class?
    (1)

Player

All crafted gear pretty much sells for less then it costs to make it now

ive been complaining about this for a while to see if crafters can stop their undercutting a bit and try to match prices instead, cuz truth be told, its gotten a bit retarded

The jewelry was selling 60+ of each peice per day easily
    and only maybe 60-70 went up for sale
    using this as a guideline, ALL jewelry made should sell, so no one needs to undercut

but of course, the price is half what it was at the start of the day because selling it NOW is more important then selling it for profit