Character
    Sterne Evans
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 90

The Branded Picadillo

Branded Picadillo
    "Down from the Asbrand Hills, Melchar returned with a gem. Although only a fledgling chef, this family recipe from the Asbrand is just as beneficial for the eyes as it is hardy.... Who knew!"

Sautéed chopped bits of buffalo sirloin with tomato sauce and various seasons and spices, served over rice. The top is then lightly charred with the fire shards to give it a crunchy outer layer. The combination of spices encourage muscle growth and enhance alertness. If your mouth was on fire... wouldn't you pay attention a little bit more?

EXP +3%, Atk Pwr +15% (Max: 30), Acc +30% (Max: 84)

Ingredients:
    • 1x Sticky Rice
    • 1x Buffalo Sirloin
    • 1x Garlean Garlic
    • 1x Tomato Sauce
    • 1x Dragon Pepper
    • 1x Table Salt
    • 3x Fire Crystal
    • 3x Fire Shard
    • 1x Wind Shard

As seen above, Sterne was given the task of cooking Melchar's family recipe. "Perfect..." was heard moments before his heart gave out from the spice. No one could have guessed that it would be Sterne to fall to the heat of a Roegadyn…
    (3)
    ~Life itself is an exercise in exceptions

Player
    Character
    Gwyenn Falkenrath
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 60
    Leviathan Sushi

Ingredients:
    1 Black Sole
    1 Black Eel
    1 Effervescent Water
    1 Dark Vinegar
    1 Pearl Ginger
    1 Malm Kelp
    1 Table Salt
    1 Sticky Rice

Limsa Lominsa is known for many things, and the art of cooking is high among them. This exotic dish was picked up by an unnamed pirate-chef on a long sea voyage to the Far East. The current recipe has been modified to include some local ingredients found primarily around La Noscea.

The story goes that on their voyage to the Far East the pirate crew was caught unexpectedly in a high storm. Heavy winds and giant waves made the crew's progress slow and the ship's pace crawled nearly to a halt. Many of the crew, being superstitious pirates, believed they had somehow angered the great primal Leviathan, who was now expressing his anger by turning the seas into a roiling maelstrom. After nearly a week of constant struggle, the storm finally broke and the ship miraculously survived, though severely worse for the wear.

After docking in the Far East, the crew set about repairing their ship and resupplying. It is during this time that the ship's chef came across the recipe for Leviathan Sushi. After hearing the pirate-chef's tale, seafaring residents of the Far East claimed there was a recipe that would serve as proper homage to the great Leviathan. Overjoyed to find such a simple (and delicious!) way to appease the great primal of the depths the unnamed pirate-chef bought as much as he could afford in ingredients. Upon returning to his ship he immediately set about preparing the dish with much zeal and inspiration.

Each night during their stay the pirate crew ate Leviathan Sushi in the hopes of not angering the primal a second time. Finally, upon completion of their repairs, the crew set out for the return journey. Despite their precautions, the pirate crew was beset by a storm of equal, if not greater, force than before and was once again cast into a life or death struggle just to stay afloat. Fate was on the pirates' side though, and against all odds they managed to stay afloat a second time.

Upon returning to Limsa Lominsa and feeling slightly cheated, the pirate-chef swore off his life on the sea and retired to the land as a cook, but, being a superstitious pirate, he made sure to pass on the recipe for Leviathan Sushi to the next cook (just in case there really was some connection with the great primal's mood, of course).

(1)

Player
    Character
    Loki Jortunn
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 50
    Forgot to mention it makes 12 muffins. and use brown sugar...
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Yoohree Reborn
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Culinarian Lv 70
    From Yoohree WildRiver's "Cronicles of the Tonberry Bistro" a Culinarian Guide to a well feed adventure.

Name:

Ala mihgan Mojito

Description:

A refreshing Beverage Made my A legendary Barista in the city of Ala Mihgo, Also Called Garuda's Tear. Known to Bards all around eorzea for its soothing and refreshing effect on a parched tongue.

Ingredients:

2x Galago Mint
    1x Maple Sugar
    1x Sun Lemon
    1x Effervescent Water

1x Water Crystal
    1x Wind Crystal

Effects:
    MP +
    M.craftmanship +

HQ Effects:

5% Haste

(1)

Player
    Character
    Chardut Mazzma
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 90
    Popoto Chips

Ingredients:
    Popoto
    Table Salt
    Olive Oil
    Fire shards

Description:

Tired of your daily meals taking more intricate ingredients than forging a set of armor? Introducing Chardut Mazzma's popoto chip! Forged in the fiery furnaces of Hellsguard abodes, popoto chips provide a salty respite for Roegadyns tired of fumbling cartloads of daily meal ingredients down the sides of their mountainous roads.

(3)

Player

Flatbread Panini

The sweet tang of rolanberry cheese slathered on oven roasted dodo tenderloin with diced grilled maiden artichoke generously drizzled with fragrant olive oil... All settled between warm slightly grill toasted flatbread. This Limsa-Lominsan treat will leave a lasting memory of satisfaction as it's flavor melts your senses into a euphoric daze.

Recipe:

1x Olive oil
    2x Flatbread
    1x Dodo tenderloin
    1x Maiden artichoke
    1x Rolanberry cheese

2x Fire Crystal

1. Seek out Ifrit to provide a hellish fire for roasting that delictable dodo tenderloin(For those who seek the benefits of flame with less instances of life threatning circumtances... substitute this step with an easy bake oven, but in Gugnir that's how we roll)!
    2. Pull out that Tonberry Chef's knife and dice up some maiden artichoke(Notorious Monster Tonberry Chef sold seperately).
    3. Lightly drizzle olive oil on artichoke and grill.
    4. Brush two slices of flatbread with olive oil and add to grill.
    5. Layer tenderloin and artichoke on single flatbread.
    6. Add a grenerous portion of Rolanberry cheese for a nice tangy kick.
    7. Finish by adding the second layer of flatbread to the stack.

And then it's ready to be bundled into a picnic basket for a fun day at the beach with friends at the sandy shores of the always beautiful Limsa-Lominsa! A sight for me sore eyes! Yo-ho matey.

Don't worry ladies(and gentleman), this tasty treat is under 400 calories and you can keep that wonderful figure!

(17)

Player

Karakul Filets

1 Karakul Shank
    2 cloves of Garlean Garlic
    3 cups of Olive Oil
    3 teaspoons of Table Salt
    4 leaves of Midland Basil
    4 leaves of Thyme
    12 leaves of Galago Mint
    6 slices of Flatbread

Prep time: Overnight Cook time: approx. 15 minutes

Cut up de Karakul into strips. Crush de garlic and mix it together with de olive oil, salt, basil and thyme. Coat de Karakul with de mixture and store in an ice box overnight. This will allow de meat to absorb de seasonings.
    Divide de strips into 3 batches, cooking dem on each side about 2 1/2 minutes or until dey're a nice gray color.
    Place half a batch on a flatbread and add 4 leaves of mint.

Garnish with tomatoes, onions, or any fresh vegetable.
    Enjoy!

As a sidenote, I'm a Gladiator, so I don't have fancy 'cooking' clothes. I'm always on de move, looking for my next quest. What am I supposed to do, bring a clothesrack with me whereever I go? :/
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Amaranth Rainbow
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 60

Comfort my linkshell soup

Is your Linkshells Spirits down? Lose that amazing Piece of gear? Drama? Get your butt kicked outside of town by a Dodo?
    Well then friends this recipe is just for you. Comfort food at its finest you will be amazed how relaxed you feel after a big bowl of my "Comfort my linkshell soup"

you will need the following:

Apple Cider
    Mineral Water
    Wild Onion
    Salted Butter
    Olive oil
    Chicken Breast
    Coerthas Carrot
    Galago Mint
    Table Salt
    Paprika
    Black Pepper
    Lavender (fresh picked)

First start by bringing 5 cups of Mineral water and 2 cups of
    apple cider to a rolling boil. Finely chop one whole wild onion and one
    whole coerthas carrot then add it straight into the boiling water for about 10 minutes.
    While waiting rub Black pepper and paprika on the chicken breast, then chop into small bite size chunks.
    Add into a very hot skillet seasoned with 2 tbs. of olive oil and 1 tbs butter.
    Once the chicken breast is fully cooked place directly into the boiling stock.
    Toss in 1/2 cup of galago mint. Turn heat down and let simmer for 30 minutes. Stir once every
    5 minutes.

Pour soup into bowl and then garnish with fresh picked Lavender on top.

Eat and Enjoy and feel the stress of the day melt away.

(3)

Player

Nuu’s: “Hobo's Delight” Mulligan Stew

Greetings Eorzea citizens! I am Nuu, Queen of the Lalafell hobos! I come before you today, proud, to introduce the culmination of many years of collaboration between the finest hobo chefs: “Hobo’s Delight” Mulligan Stew!

1 Cup of mineral water
    1 Popoto diced into cubes
    1 Wild onion cut into wedges
    1 Lbs. Rat Tails diced
    1 Cup of Sour Red
    1 Teaspoon of table salt
    1 Coerthas Carrot peeled and cut into 1-inch slices
    1 Iron Sallet (Any Sallet, returned to CUL after synthesis)

Here’s the trick: sometimes simple is better! My subjects and I have been perfecting the ultimate stew with simple ingredients that can be found anywhere off the streets of Ul’dah. This dish is easy to make and tastes better than any of the fancy dishes created by the snooty chefs at The Bismark.

I use my trusty Iron Sallet as my cooking pot. I slowly brown the diced rat tails and add 1 part water, sour red, and a dash of salt. This boiling process lets some of the natural flavor of my helmet combine with the diced rat tails as they tenderize. I then add the popoto cubes, onion, and carrots lowering the heat to a simmer. When the vegetables are tender, the stew is ready!

Don’t worry, a little heat won’t hurt the Sallet and it’s ready to be used again after the cooking.

(1)

Player
    Character
    Blue Bun
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Culinarian Lv 50
    Bun’s “Twice the Spice” Cajun Jambalaya

As a chef and connoisseur of the spiciest of spicy foods, I’ve whipped up my latest and greatest new recipe: “Twice the Spice” Cajun Jambalaya. This dish is hardy enough to fend off the toughest colds, and strong enough to warm any heart. My patrons are always clutching their chests and tell me how their hearts are burning.

Antelope Shank cut into ¼ inch slices.
    Wild Onion diced
    Potion of Vitality
    Tomato Sauce
    Dragon Peppers
    Finger Shrimps
    Sticky Rice
    Firepot

You wanna start by the tenderizing the antelope shank before you cut it into ¼ inch slices. Saute the meat with the diced onion, and Dragon Peppers. Don’t be afraid to punch it up with some dragon pepper seeds! Add a potion of vitality, and a little bit of tomato sauce. When this mixture starts to boil, add the Raw Sticky Rice. This is when you want to slowly pour the contents of your Firepot in. Store bought Firepots are good, but to really get fresh Firepot, you need bludgeon your own Wisp. I recommend a Bomb Frypan! You want to stir every 5 minutes, letting the rice cook and simmer. Towards the last 5 minutes, you want to add the shrimp. Serve with strength and conviction!

My Jambalaya packs a powerful kick going in and coming out. Speaking of which, unfortunately after the food effects wear off, you may take some burn damage over time.

(1)

Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 LastLast