Player
    Character
    Zdravko Anatalyasch
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 70

"New game plus - quests will have no rewards..."

It may have been lost in translation, but does this purely mean that there will be no gil and item rewards (which is understandable) but still giving exp so we have an alternative to POTD and HOH for leveling alt jobs - or does this mean: no rewards att all and subsequently that new game plus is a completely useless feature?
    (15)

Player
    Character
    Autumn Stardust
    World
    Malboro
    Main Class
    Sage Lv 90
    People have been wanting to replay the story without creating alts for ages. Exp or no, new game plus won’t be useless & will make a lot of people happy.
    (95)

Player
    Character
    Osha'li Mitangois
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 80
    Perhaps for you it would be useless but I wouldn't find it so. I've been looking forward to this since it was announced.
    (14)

Player
    Character
    Robert Ilcri
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    There are so many story quests I've wanted to redo for the awesome fights. This ain't gonna be useless, many people have wanted this and I see it getting a lot of use.
    (12)

Player
    isnt it messed up that goblet is a housing area and not a tiny goblin
    Character
    Dusk Himmel
    World
    Ravana
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 90
    Its basically to relive story
    Thats it
    No exp farm
    No free fanta from prae
    Flat out just story

Which im sure a couple would like to progress from start to finish with there Hrothgar and Viera
    (12)

Player
    Character
    Crushing Fatigue
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 70
    We don't know if it'll give exp or not yet, but overall I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't. At least not without some nerfs because it would be a touch too far on the exploitable side to just run the patches over and over again when most don't take long to complete at all.

As for why they made it if exp isn't available, assuming it isn't, it's to give people who skipped the story or whom want to redo the story the ability to do so. Lotro has a very similar feature and in games where the story IS one of it's most important features it's something I'm amazed wasn't implemented sooner.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Aoki Kha
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Reaper Lv 90
    One thing that mildly disappoints me is that back when the feature was first announced it was stated that you would be able to go through the story with your current job level, and I took it to mean that it included solo duties as well. I.E. everything would be synced up to your level. But then they said that the instanced battles would be level-synced... now whether that means it will be synced up or down I'm not sure but it seemed to indicate the latter.
    (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyKaplan View Post
    No shortcuts we fall off the invisible platform like men
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsalmaveth View Post
    That's so sad. Bard, play Despactio.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dualgunner View Post
    Gagging death spasms are the best way to start a nap.

Player
    Character
    Mars Phoenix
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 80
    I think it's totally unacceptable.

People here saying that many wanted the feature, but i'm sure many wanted the feature with quest rewards. The way it is being implemented will in fact interest few people and it's resulting to be a huge waste of resources.

What people wanted was to level alt jobs going through the story again. This feature will go utterly unused by most players if it goes live like that. At least the XP rewards NEEDS to be in place.

The MSQ takes a lot of time to complete and remember that there are level requirements. No one will be leveling faster than in PotD or HoH or even dungeons. It is ridiculous to think so.
    (16)

Player
    Character
    Rhulk Roegan
    World
    Raiden
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragnar_Gerwulfsson View Post
    It may have been lost in translation, but does this purely mean that there will be no gil and item rewards (which is understandable) but still giving exp so we have an alternative to POTD and HOH for leveling alt jobs - or does this mean: no rewards att all and subsequently that new game plus is a completely useless feature?
    It's only useless because you dont want go through story again unless you gain something from it.
    Many people have changed their jobs through the course of the story due to new jobs etc being introduced or deciding to main another job.
    A lot of people like to go through the story again but they dont want to waste time making a new character just for the sake of it.
    New game plus was designed for those players.
    It wasnt designed for people who want 'free stuff'
    (34)

Player
    Character
    Mars Phoenix
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Metalwrath View Post
    It's only useless because you dont want go through story again unless you gain something from it.
    Many people have changed their jobs through the course of the story due to new jobs etc being introduced or deciding to main another job.
    A lot of people like to go through the story again but they dont want to waste time making a new character just for the sake of it.
    New game plus was designed for those players.
    It wasnt designed for people who want 'free stuff'
    Wow...playing through quest = want to get free stuff.

You heard it here first folks.

I guess we should just go and remove all rewards from all quests in the game. We wouldn't want to be giving out "free stuff".

Dude, pause and listen to yourself. No one would do anything in the game if there were no rewards. That is the whole point. To progress.

Why exactly are we wasting resources with a system almost no one will use cause it doesn't allow them to progress? Heck i'd rather they worked on something else and dropped this right now. At least more players could enjoy whatever new stuff.
    (27)
    Last edited by Nemmar; 09-16-2019 at 02:26 PM.

Page 1 of 44 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast