Character
    Signy Ragnarok
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50

Anyone use Battleping?

http://battleping.com/

Anyone use it? I will try it later today. The webpage says that they support FFXIV but on their forum i didn't found much information about that.

I have all ready improve all what i could on my pc and network (Nagle, TcpNoDelay, QoS, ADSL2+ mode) and i went from 500~ms to 350~ms. I think it use SSH to connect directly to a server that connect you to the game. In theory it should improve me a little more the ping.

BTW i live in Argentina.
    (0)
    I'm the Princess of the Night~~

Player
    Character
    Bigcajonez Tia
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Blacksmith Lv 50
    Checked out the website, If I remember when I get home I think I might try it. Looks like something to look into.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Signy Ragnarok
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    I have been testing it an hour and i "feel" the game more fluid, before i couldn't use two actions on a macro if i didn't put a /wait 2 in the middle, now with a /wait 1 i more that enough. I can really throw numbers since the app only lowers the game ping and in the game there is now way to control it but i think/feel that is helping.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Eden Talan
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50

More than a monthly fee to SE...

OMG!

Finally someone is talking about this. I was going to make a thread.

I live in Australia. My partner and I have some of the best line sync on our cable that is currently available in this country/region.

*EDIT* As a matter of fact, the cable tech was shocked when he tested our line, commenting it was twice as high as it should be and even employed drastic attenuation to reduce it, thinking that problems were arising from this.*EDIT*

We discovered Battleping when we started fighting Ifrit regularly because this was seriously unplayable for us. At first, we thought it was just us sucking at the fight...until we installed the trial version of Battleping and suddenly stopped dying and getting hit by tp moves. We laughed about how it seemed to DRAMATICALLY improve this game for us, not just in instanced content but in any area the game felt more fluid and responsive.

We thought throughout our trial period that it may have been a placebo for us. Until the trial ended...

Ifrit became unplayable again. We had shifted from having fights without a single hit from eruption to wiping again. Actually the lag in Ifrit was so bad that we had constant R0's sometimes and it would alternate between our machines. So for half the fight I'd be watching my partner's screen to avoid eruption, then mine would be the one showing the animations (funnily this added a challenge that I kind of enjoyed) but I couldn't DO anything. Just survive until R0 passed and I could make an action or two...didn't make me look very good on people's parsers

We ended up caving in and PAYING for this service.

This is a bump, but I hope that a dev might see this and know that to even play this game without the frustration of server, input and animation lag we now have to PAY AN ADDITIONAL MONTHLY SERVICE FEE TO A THIRD PARTY!!!

...this is made worse by the fact that you need a licence for each pc...SO THAT IS TWO ADDITIONAL MONTHLY SERVICE FEES TO A THIRD PARTY!!!

I'm sorry for the caps, but I feel so strongly about this. We decided to bite the bullet and pay for Battleping til 2.0 in hopes that server and client will DRAMATICALLY improve for us. I would really appreciate a Dev response to...I don't know...acknowledge that this is a serious problem for people that prevents them from engaging in this content, or being hated by players for constantly dying in battles and needing to use others as a crutch for completion and rewards.

I don't know a lot about this kind of stuff, but is it some kind of prioritisation of information/packets or whatever that improves this for people? Can Square-Enix employ this kind of facility to other regions? The JP button doesn't feel like just a joke. As much as some Japanese players have bad connections, it appears like this overwhelmingly. A better result for us would be a better result for the Japanese playerbase too I'm sure then!

Funnily, before Battleping: JP players would be in front of Ifrit as we were just starting to run around the outside.

After Battleping: Same speed as JP players, sometimes running ahead of them!

I hope I haven't responded here too late. Paying more money to get to a comfortable level of playing this game feels so unfair.

SE please hear us, respond and at least TRY to do and say you'll do something about this.
    (3)
    Last edited by EdenT; 04-08-2012 at 01:47 PM. Reason: Our line is good!

Player
    Character
    Signy Ragnarok
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by EdenT View Post
    Wall of text...
    I'm pretty much like you, as i post in from Argentina and i have been playing MMO since like 10 years. Pings have been always a issue to me, i Google a lot about how to improve my connection cause i almost always play on international servers.

You should look for this, put this on Google:

Disable Nagle Algorithm
    Disable TcpNoDelay
    QoS
    Change to ADSL2+ mode

Btw, there are things that wont be solved by 2.0 changes. The delay you have from the time that take a package to get from you to the server or backwards will be always be there. In games like Tera Online that a split of a second can make a lot of difference lowering your ping by 100ms can be like day and night.

Anyway right now i'm paying for Battle ping, its helps me a lot, not only for FFXIV but also with Tera Online. Just to give an idea before BP i only could use one skill for second, now with BP i can almost overlap the skills so i don't have problems to use 2 skills in 1 second.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Frein Mannis
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    I'm under the impression that my ping is about as fine as you can expect from an European playing FFXIV, but I'm curious to see if this makes a noticeable difference. I'll definitely try it next time I play.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Not Applicable
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Alchemist Lv 60
    FFXIV or Final Fantasy XIV Online is an MMORPG created by Square Einx. FFXIV was released in 2010. There are five races to choose from in FFXIV, Elyos or Asmodian. Players will find many jobs to complete with both solo and group jobs to do as you level up your character.
    The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters.
    (3)