Player
    Character
    Isagael Rose
    World
    Sagittarius
    Main Class
    Botanist Lv 90

Eft Tail?

Okay, so on our server, seems like we have a little issue. No one is selling eft tail and no one has given me a good answer as to where to go to effectively farm them. (Most people are giving old locations they no longer spawn in) I've tried looking in:
    La Nosca in Mistbeard Cove (nothing)
    Black Shroud Treespeak (nothing)
    ....although I think the leves/company leves still spawn the occasional Eft.
    Black Shroud Tam Tera Deepcroft (nothing)
    Black Shroud 9Ivies (well, I found some BUT, they don't consistantly pop AND even when they do after 30 mins of farming I had exactly 1 EFT tail...meaning okay so they are there (sorta) but 30mins/eft tail is too slow to be practical.

I tried a handful of other places on the way...some did have efts...but they were 80+ in level, doubt I can solo that...no matter how tough I'm feeling that day.

So the question is: Has anyone found a good spawn point for Eft's post patch 1.21? And if so, where are they? Also, do they happen to spawn better in specific weather? (Someone in my ls said they spawn more in rain.)

Thanks,
    KK
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Owen Lacroix
    World
    Masamune
    Main Class
    Botanist Lv 50
    Yes. If you want Efts go to Camp 9 IVs. Head north, but stick to the eastern paths (heading west will run you into big baddies). You should head toward the Sylph village, but even before you get there you'll start running into Black Efts (40ish). They are one of only 3 types of mobs in that section of the shroud. Sylphs (non-aggro), Poachers (Miqote dressed in animal prints that are aggro), and many many Black Efts (if you use "walk" they won't aggro just like the Guardians of the Grove).

Happy Hunting
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Isagael Rose
    World
    Sagittarius
    Main Class
    Botanist Lv 90
    Thank you, I think I know where that is. I did also just realize today that LL local leves sometimes offer Eft Tails as rewards too. (Since I'm level 50 CUL it only dawned on me to check the local leve rewards last night....derp). But anyway, you are now my new hero
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Tolbari Zheix
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Leatherworker Lv 65
    the local leves do offer eft tails occasionally? ill have to check this out. but yes, there are efts where he says, just be warned the drop rate is

very low
    (0)

Gennario Veltaine: Propieter of G&J's Pleather Pleasures

Player
    Character
    Isagael Rose
    World
    Sagittarius
    Main Class
    Botanist Lv 90
    I already farmed there and got enough to make what I needed.

And yes, LL level 40+ leves can offer Eft Tail as a reward. There are 2 leves I know of for sure that can be offered at the counter that give tails as a reward (both make you make steaks).
    (1)
    Last edited by Kinseykinz; 03-27-2012 at 02:43 PM. Reason: confirming leves

Player
    Character
    Tolbari Zheix
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Leatherworker Lv 65
    thank you very much for that now i can make something other than finger sandwiches, good for money, bad for achievement lol
    (0)

Gennario Veltaine: Propieter of G&J's Pleather Pleasures

Player
    Character
    Owen Lacroix
    World
    Masamune
    Main Class
    Botanist Lv 50
    Glad to help a fellow culinarian always.

I have noticed that indeed, the drops for eft tails seems to vary greatly, sometimes they won't drop at all and sometimes they fall off every one. But it's a rather serene part of the shroud and I like the tree roots disappearing into that vast mist. (I think we are all looking forward to more "fantasy" in our final fantasy zones, yes?)

~~Not to hijack your thread or anything, but I'm having trouble getting "Button Mushrooms." Im a 50 BTN, but the harvesting rate at tranquil is abysmal, and killing hogs is almost as slow. Since the recipe calls for 3 of them each time...its a very depressing endeavor. ~ You'd by MY hero, Kinsey if you had any alternative, albeit quicker methods for obtaining the elusive fungi?~~
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Isagael Rose
    World
    Sagittarius
    Main Class
    Botanist Lv 90
    Which piggy's are you killing (pigs are best route I've found so far)? I usually go to the Treespeak pigs, but instead of using the camp everyone always goes to, I head further east to the camp near the NM spawn point. I usually get a decent spread of buttons there. I def. got more buttons than anything else there. But yes it sucks that every recipe that needs them, needs them in 3's. (I got about 30ish last time I spend around 30 mins there).

The best way to get buttons is to let ALL your friends know you need them. I usually make a 'KK's grocery list' thread on my ls's forums. This helps my ls mates know what I'm looking for and they usually save me the grocery/food items they don't need or use this way.

This all being said, if I find a better mob, I'll let you know. (I need to go poke some higher level funguars at some point to help an alc friend find some drops anyway).
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Owen Lacroix
    World
    Masamune
    Main Class
    Botanist Lv 50
    Ill try the bigger piggies, thanks!

I too have a grocery list for my LS mates, which although I alter it quite regularly still has them saying "Hey O got some sun lemons for ya!" Which, bless them all, was sooo 6 months ago. I guess I need to reemphasize the mushroom request, but all in all, having LS mates that always ask if you need this or that before they NPC, has kept my cupboard very well stocked. (special thanks to Pico Man, the consummate Botanist and friend)
    (2)