Player
    Character
    Marden Fauchard
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 80
    To the greatest knight in all Ishgard (and beyond of course),

I pray these chilled winds and snowflakes bring this safe and swift to your hands. Yes, I am quite aware I can speak freely beside you, but a missive is more enjoyable. Don’t ye think? Better than inventory lists and guard rotation at least? Well I pray it is or else I’ve wasted good parchment and ink. A tease for another day I’m sure.

Still, how are ye mine dearest friend? Not battling something insufferable, I hope. Not every adventure (even while dreaming) is full of danger, but I know that is your favorite part. I swear your grins would split your face at every monster and battle retelling. The drinks never ending. But those are for another day and ye better have tales for me as well.

Pray forgive me, here I am rambling when I had something important to say. Oh hush, not everything I say (while not always much) is important. But what I wanted to say was thank you. For what, ye may ask. That’s simple. Do ye remember that day from, what feels like, so long ago? I’m hurt if ye must think about it, but I am being vague. (Not on purpose I swear to Hydaelyn!) I remember it so clear.

It was right after the fight against Shiva. It was a beautiful, but frightful, battle. Mine mind was reeling from the implications. (Always moving forward, huh?) Ser Aymeric informed me that ye had need to speak with me. On swift chocobo legs did I rush back to Camp Dragonhead, mine first thought was of more danger. I must admit, I was not excepting such a scolding. In that moment, mine heart tumbled. It went from timid child to bashful woman. As you scolded me for following Moenbryda’s dangerous plan to travel by broken crystal and mine decision to fight Shiva alone. The potential failures reemphasized from mine very aether being consumed by said crystal until I faded into the Lifestream or me being ambushed by Lady Iceheart’s followers and too weak to properly defend myself. I was deeply moved. I couldn’t believe five of your own men had to restrain ye from coming to mine aid. (Such impressive strength) Never before was I treated in such a manner. Me, a strong warrior by trade (and blessing) and a Duskwight, considered a monster by most, never thought someone would care so much. From the very beginning of mine journey, most saw me only as an option to stop what they could not. To others, I was a tool (or weapon) to manipulate. (Kind to a fault, I guess) At first ye were skeptical, but now no longer. I replied to your scolding, both ashamed and blushing (to a chorus of FC giggles) “I’m sorry. Should I buy ye dinner?” (They still won’t let that go) It was from then on, I would enjoy the most amazing (and heart wrenching) journey by your side.

So again, mine dearest friend, thank ye for your kindness and support that day. I will never forget it or ye.

Signed your most loyal and dearest friend (Mine apologies Francel),

Marden Fauchard

(Prize Selection: Noble Barding, pretty please)
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Slappr Fish
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 74

And Now, A Message from Allag, Come All Too Late

<The message you're holding appears to have been written by an incredibly precise hand, as if the words themselves were directly projected onto the paper.>

-=MESSAGE_BEGIN=-

GREETINGS, BEING OF ACCEPTABLE INTELLIGENCE. I AM DESIGNATED AS "MODEL IX-V." I AM ONE OF A NUMBER OF SPECIALIZED SELF-AWARE ALLAGAN COMBAT AUTOMATONS. AND YOUR WORLD IS ABOUT TO BE IN GREAT DANGER.

DO NOT PANIC.

APPROXIMATELY FIVE THOUSAND YEARS AGO, THE CELESTIAL BODY DESIGNATED AS "DALAMUD" WAS CREATED AS A PRISON FOR THE EIKON DESIGNATED AS "BAHAMUT," AND LAUNCHED FAR INTO THE SKY. HOWEVER, MY CREATORS HAD NOTED THAT ANY OBJECT BEARING UPWARD VELOCITY IS EVENTUALLY EXPECTED TO OBTAIN DOWNWARD VELOCITY.

AND SO, I, AND ALL PREVIOUS ITERATIONS OF MY DESIGN, WERE CREATED FOR THE SOLE PURPOSE OF DESTROYING BAHAMUT, AND WERE PUT INTO STASIS TO BE REACTIVATED AT THE EXACT TIME OF DALAMUD'S RE-ENTRY.

UNFORTUNATELY, THE PORTION OF LAND CONTAINING MY CREATORS' LABORATORY HAS BEEN EJECTED FROM THE REST OF THE AIRBORNE RESEARCH FACILITY DESIGNATED AS "AZYS LLA," AND HAS CRASHED SOMEWHERE IN THE OPEN OCEAN, LEAVING ME STRANDED UPON A SMALL ISLAND.

CURRENT COORDINATES UNKNOWN. FLOODING DAMAGE TO THE MAIN LAB HAS RENDERED ACCESS TO ANY TRANSPORTATION INACCESSIBLE. COMMUNICATION SIGNALS WITH ALL OTHER MODELS HAVE BEEN LOST. OPERATING AT INSUFFICIENT ENERGY LEVELS FOR SUSTAINED FLIGHT.

LACKING ANY OTHER FEASIBLE ALTERNATIVE, I HAVE SEARCHED MY DATA BANKS, AND HAVE CONCLUDED THAT SENDING TRANSCRIBED WORDS ADRIFT INSIDE A SEALED CONTAINER IS THE BEST WAY TO ENSURE THAT IT REACHES THE HANDS OF A BEING CAPABLE OF PERFORMING ALL TASKS REQUIRED.

THERE IS ONLY ONE WAY TO PREVENT THE RETURN OF BAHAMUT: YOU MUST TRAVEL TO THE FAR E... ... I... ... ... LOCATE ... SIGNAL... ... TS...

... ACTIVATE... ... YOU... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ...SP ... ... ... ... ... ... ...

<This part of the message is too stained with water to properly read.>

... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ...O ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ON... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ...YB...

... ... ... ... ... ... ... A ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ..RD ... ... ... ...TROY BAHAMUT.

DO NOT SHARE THIS INFORMATION WITH ANY OTHER BEINGS, ORGANIC OR OTHERWISE. THIS TASK MUST BE DISCRETELY CARRIED OUT IN ORDER TO SUCCEED.

GLORY TO XANDE.

-=MESSAGE_END=-

(I'll take the Scarf of Wondrous Wit, thanks!)
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Jinx Shinjiraku
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 80

A journey continued

To whom this letter has arrived,

I hope your path to this note was a kind one. I am writing you this while staring at a view that I wouldn't have imagined was even possible at the start of my journey. Though, as I look to the horizon all I can do is think back to a moment I shared with him.

To a time before the war against the Empire, even farther back when we fought the dragons and explored the frigid terrains of Ishgard. Nearer to the time when the rogues established a guild in Limsa. Back to a time where our paths were only beginning and our eyes were alight with imagination of the future. I look upon this sight now and reminisce of the horizon in the Lavender Beds with him, when we bought a small plot of land for our free company and began our adventure together just him and I. We are still together, even now under that name, flourishing.

Though I would not change the path we walked, part of me yearns fondly for that simpler time when the two of us were starting our quest as partners. I remember I could barely figure out how to walk straight, let alone heal someone properly. White mage or scholar were my only choices back then. I should have guessed I would be a bookworm. He showed me how to heal through a vicious cycle of trial and error, giving me options until I found the vocation that felt right for myself. Believe me, he probably was beat up more than I was, putting himself in harm's way in order for me to learn what I was doing. “Wrong, no, try again.” His words still ring through my mind, but it was all so new to me. Despite being new to this world, he was still an experienced adventurer and I am almost remorseful to admit, I hated it, every single minute. It felt like I was trudging through mud as I figured it out, but what I didn't hate was spending that time together with him as we explored the lands and dungeons of Eorzea .

We grew and learned from each other, a trial by fire as they say. These were some of my favorite memories, nearly forgotten before I began this letter. Now I am able to look back at them and log them forever in our history. The start of a company, of an adventure, of just a time together in our lives. I would not imagine that roughly six years later we would still be here in this amazing world that always seems brimming with new adventures, giving me many chances to make even more memories with him, along with all the other friends I have gained along the way.

When you are so focused on the direction you are heading, you sometimes forget to appreciate and savor where you are at that moment until it has long past. Treasure every instant and memory you have, because you do not know when it will fade away.

Sincerely,
    One side of the Demon's Mask

(bluebird earrings if i win, please.)
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kisa Valkyrie
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 90

Though distances keeps us apart.

Sister....

It has been many moons since we started on our journey through Eorzea. Both of us decided to walk the path of healing at first and traveled to Gridania to the conjurer's guild. There we would help many adventurer through the varies dungeons.

We traveled from Gridania to Limsa Lominsa to Ul'dah and even Mor Dhona. Remember how Mor Dhona was nothing more then some tents and a few makeshift buildings. Now with the paved roads and sturdy buildings- it's much difference then when we walked though for the first time.

We battled at the Praetorium and became heroes.

Then life got in the way. We traveled less and less with each other. I still kept up with my White Mage studies but also started to study the ways of the Black Mage. We still traveled, though not always together. I have seen many sights and often wondered if you have seen what I have seen.

Now that we have come to the First, it was wonderful to see you again and to start some new adventures together.

To many more adventures together.

Your Sister

(Noble barding if I get selected.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Akira Amaryllis
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 80
    “Can we climb the lighthouse in the car?”
    “I’m sorry, what?”
    “The lighthouse. There’s one in every Shirogane housing ward, and there’s a jump puzzle to get to the top. Do you think we can climb it in the Regalia?”
    “Like, four of us get into the Regalia, and you jump us to the top?”
    “Yeah.”
    “There isn’t a lot of room for error.”
    “I know.”
    “It’ll probably take a while. Possibly a few hours.”
    “Possibly.”
    A beat. Then.
    “Well, we definitely can’t if we don’t try.”

(Prize: Gaelicap)
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Blue Maryze
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 60

Lost Words

A wooden lance held by shaking hands, a young adventurer holding his ground against a Little Ladybug; and not far from him a Ground Squirrel dodged a falling arrow, the hesitant adventurer behind wondering why she had to kill such an adorable animal.
    Even so, they moved on-- to strive to be the strongest adventurers or maybe to catch up to their friends who sought stronger challenges.

Aye… it might be odd for my favorite memory to be of the path to Gridania in the Central Shroud to be filled with up-and-coming adventurers, but each time I recall walking beneath the shade of the trees and it’s kind wind welcoming my comeback from the First, my heart is only filled with hope and excitement… for the many more lives that get to share these winds of change and confrontation.

As we walk in the light of the crystal, I pray that these young adventurers get to experience the same love and community I have found in this world, so no matter the hardship we can all stand together in the end.

For such is my favorite memory…
    Might I ask for yours as well?

Yours truly, Wayfaring White Mage

(Thank you for reading! In the case that I win I wish for a Noble Barding)
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Heixin Xiaoshuita
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90
    Did You Know? - A Missive

I once thought we'd spend all of our adult years together in the Sultansworn. You were far more experienced than I who was greener than a Marlboro's vine. I was short and naïve. You'd traveled more, adventured more, met far more people than I ever thought possible. I thought that night then was the end. When you and her fought, I thought our bonds were broken. I can't even remember how the fight came to be. I just remember Natalie telling me that I was the only one left. That you weren't pursuing that path. Did you know that we would both leave it? That the Syndicate would leave us disenfranchised? That we would end be on different sides? You with a pirate, I with Natalie who would stubbornly get herself killed? When we stood atop the hill swearing an oath, did you think we would leave? Did you know?

Or that I'd ever become friends with the one they called Kinslayer? …Thought traitor to her blood and kin of Ala Mhigo. Once thought a traitor to the Sultana, that I would think of her as a dear friend? Did you know that would happen? Did you think I'd ever find refuge in her company, after being thrown out of many a housing because of all my friends? The fat cats, the dogs, the opo-opo, the nutkin, the bear and more? Did you ever think I'd end up seeing her as a close friend, that I would find her or you far more like my own family? They who abandoned me...

Did you know that I would work, standing as protection for the courtesans? They suggest me books to send to the Kinslayer. novelty trashy romance novels. I have heard that "The Other Side of the Thanalan Twilight" is a new best seller. Did you ever foresee the affections between her and your brother? That when we fought him when his mind went feral and you could not search for him yourself that it would end so? That the journey would send us far and wide throughout Coerthas? I found Bronchy out there... and at least three creatures who'd attempted to kill or eat me. I'm still not sure which.

I've made another friend. His name is Otto! We have a shared love of hats. It is how we became friends.

I'd exchanged a beret with him. I hope to introduce you to him. Arturius might like to meet her offspring. I hope the cat isn't as fat as her mother... I hope to see in you good health. Walk in the Light of the Crystal my dearest friend. It's time for my friends and I to take a nice nap out underneath the sky.

Yours
    Kage

[I would the gaelicap please.]
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Artemis Riley
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90

The Setting Sun

Long of hair, sly of wit…

Ah, I've always been crap at writing anything resembling poetry. You'll have to forgive me. I wasn't born with any sort of silver tongue; not like you were. I wish I had been. I'd be able to convey my feelings much easier. I mean—I can't ever say them out loud, you know? You'll never return them, after all, and there's really no point in embarrassing either of us. Even though it's really cute when you blush, I don't think it's worth the heartache that'd follow. It would hurt you, too.

You've come such a long way! Though we all have fun at your expense every now and again, don't let it bother you. I mean, when I first started out, I didn't know how to light a fire, either, never mind gather the wood for it. Everyone has to begin somewhere. The point is, you were there with me. You were at my side, and you haven't left it, no matter what hardships we've come to face, never once faltering. That takes courage.

The fireworks here are so pretty. All these bottles have been washing up, and I guess it's inspired me to write something of my own. P'obyano keeps making me sit on the dock at Costa, reading through these messages, and do you know how many times I've cried already? Anyway… With the fireworks above, and the tide coming in, the breeze playing on my face… it's made me nostalgic… Now, if only this piece of parchment would stay still and not threaten to blow away at the earliest opportunity!

I've been thinking about what makes our journeys so great. It's the smiling faces of the people we save. So many of them have had such great things to say. And so many of them would sacrifice so much for me. There's been really trying times where it was so hard to go on… where I didn't think I was going to make it… but… whenever I get back—whenever I see their eyes light up—whenever I see the hope there—that's what gives ME courage. I wish I could tell them that, but I'm usually so tired, it takes everything I have just to smile back.

Well… anyway… Soon enough, this message will be like the rest of them, corked up in a bottle, tossed into the ocean, and sunk beneath the waves until it washes up on a shore somewhere. I hope it's far away. At least… far away from you. I don't want you to see it. Not yet. Should anyone else come across this… Please, say what I can't. Speak for my heart. Tell everyone… tell them—thank you so much!

Eternally Yours,
    Light and Sometimes Darkness

(Bluebird Earrings)
    (0)
    Last edited by jmoontear; 09-14-2019 at 05:45 AM.

Player
    Character
    Artemis Riley
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90

The Setting Sun (Testing)

Long of hair, sly of wit…

Ah, I've always been crap at writing anything resembling poetry. You'll have to forgive me. I wasn't born with any sort of silver tongue; not like you were. I wish I had been. I'd be able to convey my feelings much easier. I mean—I can't ever say them out loud, you know? You'll never return them, after all, and there's really no point in embarrassing either of us. Even though it's really cute when you blush, I don't think it's worth the heartache that'd follow. It would hurt you, too.

You've come such a long way! Though we all have fun at your expense every now and again, don't let it bother you. I mean, when I first started out, I didn't know how to light a fire, either, never mind gather the wood for it. Everyone has to begin somewhere. The point is, you were there with me. You were at my side, and you haven't left it, no matter what hardships we've come to face, never once faltering. That takes courage.

The fireworks here are so pretty. All these bottles have been washing up, and I guess it's inspired me to write something of my own. P'obyano keeps making me sit on the dock at Costa, reading through these messages, and do you know how many times I've cried already? Anyway… With the fireworks above, and the tide coming in, the breeze playing on my face… it's made me nostalgic… Now, if only this piece of parchment would stay still and not threaten to blow away at the earliest opportunity!

I've been thinking about what makes our journeys so great. It's the smiling faces of the people we save. So many of them have had such great things to say. And so many of them would sacrifice so much for me. There's been really trying times where it was so hard to go on… where I didn't think I was going to make it… but… whenever I get back—whenever I see their eyes light up—whenever I see the hope there—that's what gives ME courage. I wish I could tell them that, but I'm usually so tired, it takes everything I have just to smile back.

Well… anyway… Soon enough, this message will be like the rest of them, corked up in a bottle, tossed into the ocean, and sunk beneath the waves until it washes up on a shore somewhere. I hope it's far away. At least… far away from you. I don't want you to see it. Not yet. Should anyone else come across this… Please, say what I can't. Speak for my heart. Tell everyone… tell them—thank you so much!

Eternally Yours,
    Light and Sometimes Darkness

(Bluebird Earrings)
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Saoirse Argentum
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 63

For All the Days to Come

When Father Wealdtheow requested we reclaim the ice rondel set in the crown sculpture of the Dusk Vigil’s chapel I figured it was a simple enough task for the two of us. We’d surely seen worse…how wrong I’d been.

“Saoirse, are you sure about this?” Cassie was hesitant as we passed through the threshold. I could tell by the way she anxiously cracked her knuckles. “You’ve only just begun using a Gunblade…perhaps we should rely on your usual magic and recruit others? You’re a gifted healer after all.”

I rolled out my shoulders with a wide grin. “You’ve got potions, haven’t you? Just stay behind me, and take on what you can. We’ll be in and out in no time!”

“Alright, but I’m telling you, I’ve got a bad feeling about this.”

Clearing the training grounds proved easy, and our battle with the Towering Oliphaunt required little effort. The quest was going smoothly, and my confidence as a Gunbreaker soared, but once inside the barracks…Well, that’s where the trouble began.

“It’s oddly quiet, don’t you think?” Cassie was still unnerved despite our earlier success, but she had a point. Something wasn't right.

I stopped just before the next entryway. “Wait here, let me have a look around.” Cassie was nearly as skilled as I was, but as a Monk she couldn’t take much of a beating, so I entered the room alone, prepared to draw the attention of our enemies away from her and the doorway.

Cassie was correct in her caution. A horde of frostbitten soldiers stormed toward me from every direction, but as I aimed to attack, they ran past me without any regard.
    I turned toward Cassie and yelled, “Run!”

Cassie screamed and sprinted for all her worth, “Why are they coming after me! I wasn’t even in the room!”

“They know you’re weak!” I called back, chasing after them. “They can smell fear!”

“No, Saoirse, you just suck at your job!” Cassie’s legs gave way, and one of the icy undead—who crawled after her with a speed unlike any I’d ever seen—caught her. By the time I was able to pull the horde away, Cassie was already spent.

She looked up at me, weak, defeated and with one last breath she said, “I told you, this was a bad idea,” before falling unconscious.

I gave Cassie the time she needed to recover, and despite our earlier folly, we pressed on and conquered the Vigil as we’d set out to do, returning the ice rondel to Father Wealdtheow.

To this day, Cassie still blames me for the incident, but I don’t mind, because every time I look back on the moment, I buckle over in laughter…which is its own reward.

And that’s how I know, not all treasures are found in chests.

(If chosen, I’d like to receive the Noble Barding. Thanks for reading!)

(0)

Page 23 of 36 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 33 ... LastLast