Player
    Character
    Jazz Valentina
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    Rogue Lv 82

Upgrading plot from Small to Medium

So I was curious, I bought a small plot in the goblet (and put nothing on it because I plan on upgrading fairly soon as a medium opens). I was wondering if I pay for a Cottage permit will it automatically upgrade from a Cottage to a House if I move to a medium or does the 1mil fee still apply?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Fox Briarthorn
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Culinarian Lv 90
    If you build the house first you'll end up paying less because it will upgrade the house when you move to a larger plot.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    R'ahlin Taka
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 90
    If you get a Housing Permit on your small, it will increase the "discount value" when you upgrade. Since you sank more gil into the sink. The general Discount is 30% of what you paid for your Small is taken off the Medium.

Granted, if you don't put ANYTHING on your plot, you'll lose it automatically after a while. Even with housing the way it is, it'd be better to play it safe and get the permit. Don't want you to wake up one day and lose the plot because you didn't do anything with it, now do we?
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Nan Naniwa
    World
    Spriggan
    Main Class
    Botanist Lv 90
    Yeah, build your house and it will upgrade. If you want to go for a specific set of walls (like Shirogane or Carbuncle) I recommend to use it on the small as the small walls are way cheaper than middle or large ones and will upgrade if you ugprade to a med plot.
    (1)
    "Pray return to the workshop room."

Player
    Character
    Fox Briarthorn
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Culinarian Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenky View Post
    If you get a Housing Permit on your small, it will increase the "discount value" when you upgrade. Since you sank more gil into the sink. The general Discount is 30% of what you paid for your Small is taken off the Medium.
    It's 30% of the minimum value the plot that you're moving from would be purchased at and I don't believe the house alters that discount at all.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Jazz Valentina
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    Rogue Lv 82
    Quote Originally Posted by Dustytome View Post
    It's 30% of the minimum value the plot that you're moving from would be purchased at and I don't believe the house alters that discount at all.
    I mean is there anything that proves any of this, I really don't want to turn around to have wasted money to only see I could have saved as soon as Medium open.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Jojoya Joya
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by JazzStationOne View Post
    I mean is there anything that proves any of this, I really don't want to turn around to have wasted money to only see I could have saved as soon as Medium open.
    Isn't the experience of hundreds of players who have upgraded their plot size via relocation in the past 2 years proof enough for you?

The Shirogane Housing and Relocation article on Lodestone is probably as close to "official" proof as you'll get though you notice it doesn't go into great detail. https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodes...0dd62c3c50fc74

Get your permit now. Not only will you save gil in the long run, it will allow you to avoid losing your plot to demolition while you wait for a medium to become available. You can't enter the house to reset the demo timer when you haven't built the house in the first place.

Whether you want to buy and use small exterior fixtures/skins now depends on marketboard prices or if you're going to get the fixture crafted. Anything you're crafting will definitely be cheaper if you make the small size. If you're buying off the marketboard, prices get weird sometimes and medium can cost less than small so shop around.

If you're getting small fixtures/skins to save money, make certain they are applied to your house before you relocate. Only the active fixtures will automatically change in size when you relocate. Things in your inventory will not.
    (1)
    Last edited by Jojoya; 08-20-2019 at 08:21 PM.

Player
    Character
    Jazz Valentina
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    Rogue Lv 82
    Quote Originally Posted by Jojoya View Post
    Isn't the experience of hundreds of players who have upgraded their plot size via relocation in the past 2 years proof enough for you?

The Shirogane Housing and Relocation article on Lodestone is probably as close to "official" proof as you'll get though you notice it doesn't go into great detail. https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodes...0dd62c3c50fc74

Get your permit now. Not only will you save gil in the long run, it will allow you to avoid losing your plot to demolition while you wait for a medium to become available. You can't enter the house to reset the demo timer when you haven't built the house in the first place.

Whether you want to buy and use small exterior fixtures/skins now depends on marketboard prices or if you're going to get the fixture crafted. Anything you're crafting will definitely be cheaper if you make the small size. If you're buying off the marketboard, prices get weird sometimes and medium can cost less than small so shop around.

If you're getting small fixtures/skins to save money, make certain they are applied to your house before you relocate. Only the active fixtures will automatically change in size when you relocate. Things in your inventory will not.
    Well, given that I had to ask the question and couldn't really find anyone with that experience that could give me a clear answer. No. Also given the two different replies here, my answer again will be no. Though I appreciate the evidence provided, I could have done with the sass.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Baradaeg Ryssbhirwyn
    World
    Lich
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 80
    Don't forget that after 48 hours without a house the plot will be freed up through demolition.
    This will be mentioned in the help text for housing and when you purchase your plot.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Jazz Valentina
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    Rogue Lv 82
    Quote Originally Posted by Legion88 View Post
    Don't forget that after 48 hours without a house the plot will be freed up through demolition.
    This will be mentioned in the help text for housing and when you purchase your plot.
    Well, I've had it for about a week without a house on it and nothing has happened to it and as far I know it's still the same 45day auto-demo rule. Though, since then I've already placed a house on the plot. I will keep this in mind though if someone else decides to buy a home that I know.
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast