Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Player

Logically, it should be comparable to the overall penalty we originally got out of fatigue, but the other way around.

Basically, someone playing 10-15 hours a week would never hit fatigue, as the same person could very well be in permanent rested bonus if he/she rests at every log off.

Up to a point tho, exp gains would be cut by up to 50%, which correspond to currently playing without bonus. What was this exp threshold again? I'm not saying that the numbers should be the same, especially that the bonus is applicable to all classes whereas fatigue was class dependent, but my guess is that the balance should be somehow comparable.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Zdenka Vaera
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 60
    Its 50% Bonus: Leve w/Rest give 320 per node hit, when rest wears they give 210.

Its not a flat rate, its a percent. I had 50% of my bar filled at L49, so 50k, but when I swapped to my 39 job I also had 50% of the bar filled, or 35k. If it was flat rate then my L39 jobs bar should have been filled 75%, which is was not. This means it benifits higher level jobs more than lower level jobs.

I am not sure on accumulation rate but I assume its .5%-1% per hour, maybe 20% over 24 hours which would be the GA rate.

And leve rewards don't count towards it, they will "push" the bar. If your bar is red it may seem like it is, but your bar just gets pushed further in the next level.
    (0)

Player

Quote Originally Posted by Zdenka View Post
    Its not a flat rate, its a percent. I had 50% of my bar filled at L49, so 50k, but when I swapped to my 39 job I also had 50% of the bar filled, or 35k. If it was flat rate then my L39 jobs bar should have been filled 75%, which is was not. This means it benifits higher level jobs more than lower level jobs.
    Had 50% rested on my lvl 43, switched to a lvl 15 class and had 2+ lvl's of rested, seems flat xp set or close to it

Player
    I've returned! First I find pants, then Louisoix dies for sending me to the void.
    Character
    Uni Neko
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 72
    Quote Originally Posted by ChiefCurrahee View Post
    The programed Uldah to crash on purpose to get people to visit Grid and LL more frequently. I kid, I kid.
    hey, if they did, it was BRILLIANT!!! and judging from the increased populations in those cities, I would say they succeeded. :3
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Zdenka Vaera
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Otaku View Post
    Had 50% rested on my lvl 43, switched to a lvl 15 class and had 2+ lvl's of rested, seems flat xp set or close to it
    Interesting, I wonder if there's a formula for lower levels that alters it. From 49 to 39 has a large enough XP swing (30k) that a flat rate would be noticeable, and it wasn't.
    (0)

Player

Quote Originally Posted by coldviper18 View Post
    Been searching around, haven't played in a couple days cause I just blew all my anima doing quests for my chocobo so thought I'd take a break to build some back up. Was curious what the maximum amount of rested exp we can get. Or does no one really know yet? The patch notes didn't seem to say.
    Being lvl 43, I maxed the rested xp bar. Managed to get 1lvl and a half with the rested bar full red and then half green.
    (0)

Character
    Zhydarian Khte'l
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    IIRC, after 12 hours of rested I earned a total of 9000 xp and leveled 3 1/2 times on pgl10(then 13 obviously) before the light dimmed. Ergo, 4hr:1000xp for me. I earned 6000 from grinding, and a free 3000 from rested.

When I had about 24 hours rested, I switch to 47MIN and needed 78k tnl max. I had about 13k already and the bar seemed to extend to 70k by eye gauging it. This would mean something approximately 65k would be earning rested at 50%, thus 30k-ish, give or take, would be rested.

Obviously that doesn't make too much sense. Something isn't done right, and I've been dying to know this since patch day. No one seems to know for certain.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kiara Silvermoon
    World
    Masamune
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by DrekeLamorte View Post
    IIRC, after 12 hours of rested I earned a total of 9000 xp and leveled 3 1/2 times on pgl10(then 13 obviously) before the light dimmed. Ergo, 4hr:1000xp for me. I earned 6000 from grinding, and a free 3000 from rested.

When I had about 24 hours rested, I switch to 47MIN and needed 78k tnl max. I had about 13k already and the bar seemed to extend to 70k by eye gauging it. This would mean something approximately 65k would be earning rested at 50%, thus 30k-ish, give or take, would be rested.

Obviously that doesn't make too much sense. Something isn't done right, and I've been dying to know this since patch day. No one seems to know for certain.
    Hi All,

On a related note to this, does anyone know if Rested EXP from the Inns is properly *separated* (and in addition to) the EXP Bonus Scrolls you can get? (the Manuals?) Because using a Crafting Manual (bought from the new Qiqirn NPC) and having Rested in my Inn for ~12 Hours, netted me about the same EXP as Dreke mentions above.

I'm beginning to think Rested EXP Bonus is overlapping the Crafting EXP Bonus Scrolls perhaps?
    (0)

Character
    Alhanelem Amidatelion
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    for DoW/M, other exp bonuses stack with the rested bonus. So your situation sounds like a bug to me.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Colino Nyea
    World
    Omega
    Main Class
    Culinarian Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard319 View Post
    hey, if they did, it was BRILLIANT!!! and judging from the increased populations in those cities, I would say they succeeded. :3
    My thoughts exactly. Gridania feels very lively finally... If only in the adventurer's guild.
    (0)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast