Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Q40:
    Will there be an Extreme version of the "last boss" battle?

A40:
    It will be added in 5.1.
    (42)
    Matt "Bayohne" Hilton - Community Team

Q41:
    The level sync feature of the 5.0 sidequests were very helpful while leveling my other jobs. I hope they will be added for sidequests in 4.x and older.

A41:
    I understand how you feel, but it would require recreating all the data, so it has a very high manpower cost associated with. The New Game+ that is currently in development also requires a lot of resources, so we’re currently allocating resources there. As a side note, we’re working on adjusting the A Realm Reborn main scenario to be more compact, and are aiming for patch 5.3.
    (59)

Q42:
    I would like to know more about the end-game content for Disciples of Hand and Land, the Restoration of Ishgard!

A42:
    This would take away topics from future LIVE letters, so please look forward to those instead. Regarding apartments, it might be fun to make them Amaurot or Crystarium themed.
    (40)

Q43:
    I feel like the amount of time/effort required to level desynthesis and the returns don't match. Do you have plans to make major changes to the desynth system?

A43:
    Will be making large changes to Disciples of the Hand and Land-related systems in 5.1. Desynthesis rates will be changed to be 100% guaranteed, no need to level up skills. Desynthesis will be something used when you have a surplus of something. That’s the plan we have in mind. I’ll provide more details on this when we’ve solidified the details.
    (60)

Q44:
    I feel like the amount of resources required to craft the materials needed for weaver recipes is higher than other crafting classes. I would like to see some type of easing adjustment to be made, such as lowering the number of threads required to create a cloth, or adding a recipe to create cloth directly.

A44:
    We're planning on adjusting certain recipes that aren’t well balanced.
    (52)

Q45:
    As a gatherer, it's frustrating when monsters appear near gathering nodes, especially in the Rak'tika Greatwood where Sweet Marjoram would appear. Would adjustments be possible?

A45:
    We’ll be making fundamental changes to stealth in patch 5.1, including being ignored even while mounted. Please look forward to future updates!
    (57)

Q46:
    My main jobs are all battle-related, and whenever a new raid is introduced I ask others for help with melding materia. However, the success rate is purely based on luck, so there are times where it requires a good amount of time for the melding, and I feel bad for the person helping. Can you consider adding this feature so we can do them through NPCs?

A46:
    Not sure if it’s what you’re looking for, but we’re considering further ways to make overmelding happen much quicker. Leveling up a crafter isn’t too difficult, so we recommend leveling them up once the expansion has calmed down a bit. We understand that the fun of crafting is hard to convey, so we’d like to make changes to ensure more people can enjoy crafting.
    (30)

Q47:
    With the addition of more jobs, the main arms section of my Armoury chest is constantly full. If it's possible, can you increase the amount of slots for the main arm? If possible, rings too!

A47:
    This is limited by data transfer amounts, so it is currently difficult. Like with adding more housing plots, we have to make sure these additions don’t negatively affect server load in order to maintain a positive gameplay feel. The issue is less about database space, and more about the amount of data each character carries around with them. When the character carries around a large amount of data and teleports all over the place, this increases the amount of data being transferred and increases the server load.

However, this does not mean we won’t be adding more in the future.
    (37)

Q48:
    There are lots of interesting pop-up dialogue boxes from NPCs, but they're sometimes hard to read. Would it be possible to change the display size or have the text be displayed for a bit longer?

A48:
    They are implemented in a way that they won’t strain the rendering, and so allowing the text to scale would make it quite difficult in terms of the rendering process. However, I do think it’s quite difficult to read especially when playing at higher resolutions, so I do hope we can do something. Making them adjustable is difficult, but it might be possible to increase the size of them altogether, so we’ll consider this.
    (27)

Q49:
    I love Feo Ul! I would like to change my scholar's fairy to look like Feo Ul!

A49:
    You never know if Feo Ul will listen to your orders... They might refuse to heal you until you agree to solving riddles for 7 days and 7 nights... that seems impossible.
    (61)

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast