Player
    Character
    Kan Himaa
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 90

[In-Game Idea] Optional Collars on Armor

I was looking at how some of the armor has a collar that looks optional, but can end up interfering with certain kinds of hair styles. I'm not sure how much work would be involved, but I think it would be a pretty good feature to be able to render some of the collars invisible in the options menu.

It just feels like a lot of the longer female hair styles do not work with a number of armor models, such as the Bonewicca caster gear or even the Eureka caster armor. The latter is really bad because people probably put more time into getting that armor than they did getting through the MSQ of Stormblood.

Can anyone else think of other armor that has a collar that clips with a ton of different hair styles? The Bonewicca one is probably the worse. I know that the 290 paladin armor from Stormblood had a cloak that clipped badly with tails that could probably use an option to disable.
    (7)

Player
    Character
    Aurelie Moonsong
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    The Lv70 WHM relic gear is prettymuch unwearable because of the fan collar they put on the female version, which clips in a really awful-looking way. I've never seen anyone using it.

I don't know if a removable collar toggle is possible, but if it could be done I would love to see it happen.

Actually I'd like to expand that idea to be a "one removable element" toggle. It could cover things like the giant bow on the Gold Saucer bunny vests, the skirt part of the Thavnaairian sets and similar, and all sorts of interesting things that could bring variety to costumes without adding more items.
    (9)

Player
    Character
    Kan Himaa
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Iscah View Post
    The Lv70 WHM relic gear is prettymuch unwearable because of the fan collar they put on the female version, which clips in a really awful-looking way. I've never seen anyone using it.

I don't know if a removable collar toggle is possible, but if it could be done I would love to see it happen.

Actually I'd like to expand that idea to be a "one removable element" toggle. It could cover things like the giant bow on the Gold Saucer bunny vests, the skirt part of the Thavnaairian sets and similar, and all sorts of interesting things that could bring variety to costumes without adding more items.
    Yeah, that's my thought on it. I really don't see them changing the way they handle the visuals for hair anytime soon so this is probably the easier path to solve the cosmetics problem. The main dev team doesn't even need to be the ones to do it, really. The armor design is already there so it's mostly figuring out what parts of the armor are removable and making those the hide-able parts.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Eclaire De'wynter
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 90

I want to use the 70 WHM AF gear, but that fan looks so BAD. Like it's TERRIBLE.

Sometimes amazing things are made and sometimes I want to throw fish. This option would be extremely helpful for a lot of gear.

(If this could also add on a Symmetry button so end all the good outfits ruined by asymmetrical parts it'd be heaven)
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Xev Kismet
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 90
    Man, I was hoping this was for a /pop collar emote.
    (1)

Xev Kismet // Sargatanas // Bunny-of-Light.tumblr.com

Player
    Character
    Oraina Fhey
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandoria View Post
    Man, I was hoping this was for a /pop collar emote.
    RDM's /victory with men pop the collar.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Aurelie Moonsong
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Xion136 View Post
    I want to use the 70 WHM AF gear, but that fan looks so BAD. Like it's TERRIBLE.
    Same! The dress is gorgeous but the fan just goes straight through her hair and it looks terrible hanging down through it.

I could maybe put up with it if it didn't do that... maybe. ;_;

Quote Originally Posted by Alestorm View Post
    RDM's /victory with men pop the collar.
    I'm pretty sure that's meant to be straightening their tie...
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Eclaire De'wynter
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 90
    Same! The dress is gorgeous but the fan just goes straight through her hair and it looks terrible hanging down through it.

I could maybe put up with it if it didn't do that... maybe. ;_;
    There's no maybes from me. I stuck with Shisui because really, that glam cannot go wrong.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Kan Himaa
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 90
    I have problems with the level 70 Eureka caster armor, and that took forever to get. It seems like every other armor has some kind of clipping issue caused by the way they did the upper part of the garment.
    (0)