Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Tarragon Lai
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 50
    Np, it must be bad now, everyone spammed quests the first couple days.... now no one will help others. (save for a few folks) They won't even help people in their LS's.... fail FFXIV community, fail! meanwhile there are already 200 people sitting in town saying they're "Bored" already lmao
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Curly Wurly
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Peptaru View Post
    Np, it must be bad now, everyone spammed quests the first couple days.... now no one will help others. (save for a few folks) They won't even help people in their LS's.... fail FFXIV community, fail! meanwhile there are already 200 people sitting in town saying they're "Bored" already lmao
    we almost always help people when we can in our ls. sometimes people are actually busy doing something already and cant just drop everything to help somone, sometimes you just have to wait.... most people probablty dont want to do the fights again as they have no anima to get there.. lol doing 2-7 of these quests can seriously damage you anima and health... there a major pain in the ass travel wise as again you visit same zones over and over.

i finished all mine in about 43 hours and still helping people in our ls do ones they need help with, we got 3 ppl the pld fight and war NM last night.. the fights are fun i honestly do not have any issues helping people do them nor most other things in game since most of it i have already completed and for all i am not bored as i have a zillion achiements still to get i do have lots more spare time compare to some who are still lvling ;D.

peoples definition of being bored varies person to person some ppl wana raid all day every day and do not want to do crafting or gather as its boring.. nor do they wana hunt down achivement points... me i just get bored doing teh same thing day after day so i have to mix it up a bit so helping people does this for me.

as for the OP... it does state a requires party size.. yeah i know the other missions and quests for teh story line also can sy this but hey if your of required lvl tryed to solo 2 times and really getting no where then perhaps you really ought to try a party of required size and lvl... or just get a 50 to help you. i know the last isnt the best way but it gets u past it ;p... the AF in ffxi was exactly the same ;;
    (1)

Character
    Wolfie Wu
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    The quests aren't doable by a party at 30 either. You need a party 35+ to do it.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Aedan Yarborough
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 80
    OP, as correct as your assessment is of the situation, all you will get here is "herp-a-derp, XIV is for parties." You'll be lucky if they even read past the first sentence before posting that too.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Lebannen Nox
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Carpenter Lv 51
    I ave to admit i didt believe any of the quests would be soloable for someone of the level the quest asks for, if im not able to solo the level 50 quest as level 50, then a level 35 shouldnt be able to solo the level 35 quest.
    (1)

Character
    Wolfie Wu
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Lebannen View Post
    I ave to admit i didt believe any of the quests would be soloable for someone of the level the quest asks for, if im not able to solo the level 50 quest as level 50, then a level 35 shouldnt be able to solo the level 35 quest.
    It's a level 30 quest, and it's not doable by a group of level 30's either. You need 35+
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Abauge Decebalus
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 90
    OP, I feel your pain. It is hard to get a party at lvl 30 as it is, especially for a quest that a lvl 50 can solo. I agree with you that the quests should be more manageable by a lvl 35 character.
    All you lvl 50's that solo these quests put yourself in his position please. Stop saying this is easy and I'm bored already, or that he should find friends.

That comes with time, there are people that want to get used to the game before jumping in a LS. Right now, anything under lvl 40 lacks the luster that will make people want to group and party.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Syntax Lies
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Leatherworker Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by casker View Post
    So, I'm a semi-new player trying to progress through the game normally as if this were the launch of FFXIV. Mostly going solo for story stuff, though grouping here and there for leves and where necessary for dungeons, ifrit, NMs for the ifrit fight, etc. So far I've been having quite a bit of fun.

So I got to level 30 pugilist, then grinded up lancer alone to 15 (bit of a chore tbh) so that I could start the monk quest. I was excited because I saw the quest also offers a new skill! Shoulder tackle! So yeah, I ran off to do the quest asap.

I got absolutely DEMOLISHED.

To be fair, the quest does recommend I bring up to 3 other people. But a lot of other quests have also had such requirements and weren't as difficult. But I still have a bone to pick with how this is designed.

First off, the imps you have to kill aren't even level 30, they're level 35. Secondly, it seems more tuned to group content. Not level 30 group content, level 35 group content. I tried it again, leveled up to level 35, upped my defense as much as possible, learned protect which I had been putting off, used fists of earth to up my defense further, got a new weapon upgrade, still got demolished.

Just thinking this is kind of strange, and wondering if anyone wants to discuss this, because I can see this being one of those road blocks which cause people to quit, because personally, this feels kinda stupid hard. Maybe I just suck, which is entirely possible, but I've been able to do every other similar story quest on my own, and usually do leves either 1 or 2 stars above my level. This is hands down the hardest thing I've encountered, and unless I want to grind up to probably 40ish, I'll have to find other people to help out, which to be fair, again, it does say it recommends up to 3 other people to come with you.

I know that SE mentioned they want this content to just help progression continue from 30 to 50, which I agree with on paper, but it doesn't feel like this is what they went for. Maybe if this were for 35-50. You'd probably definitely need at least a full group of level 30's, good ones, to have a shot at this, and 35 to be safe. It feels like they designed this for rank50 people thirsty for group content.

I'm probably coming off like a crybaby, and I definitely don't mean to imply that I should be able to solo the whole game, but I gotta ask, for a quest that is based on your own characters personal advancement, is it so much to ask that you be able to solo it especially if you are 5 levels above the quest requirement?

And if you must have it be group content, you should make it so that people who DON'T have the quest ALSO get some sort of reward, so they have an incentive to actually group up. Relying on people to help others out of the goodness of their hearts is not going to work a lot of the time. If this were the launch of the game, you'd probably only find other aspiring monks to group with, and every other job quest would be similarly segmented. It wouldn't be like now where everyone has rank50 everything and just blows through all the content together.

I realize this is an important quest with important rewards, so it shouldn't be too easy either... but it feels like a road block, and this is what I mean:
    • I got to level 30, can't do the quest, okay, not a big deal.
    • Now I have to grind another class to 15. Not that big of a deal.
    • Meet quest requirements, Try the fight, get clobbered. Okay. Not a big deal.
    • Grind to level 35, try again, still get clobbered. Starting to get annoyed.
    • Now I either have to level up more or find people who earn NOTHING from helping me, to help me do the quest. Add it all up and it just feels like massive pain in the ass.

Here is a pic. I've got about 1100 max hp and I'm getting hit for 150-220 per hit from each of these dudes.

I know what's probably going to end up happening is a level 50 will run me through it, which isn't exactly rewarding either.
    All the quest have a note at the bottom that tells you how many people to bring for help.

also if you wanna solo it make sure you have the best gear you can get and try to get to lvl 32-35.
    (0)
    Last edited by syntaxlies; 03-16-2012 at 11:18 PM.

Player
    Character
    Vax Redrick
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    1-Join a friendly LS.
    2-Ask them for help.
    Done. It's hard huh?
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Fayette Purrcy
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Weaver Lv 52
    Just like Pepper, if you ever need help and I'm on just let me know ^^ I've been helping random groups out on their AF, makes me sad when I see people who have been shouting for hours and get no help. I try to get to them in order that I see them and between helping friends/ls mates. I'm absolutely drained but keep going xD
    (2)

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast