Player
    Character
    Shon Totto
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50

PLD AF Gloves

I'm trying to help my friend find his AF gloves and he swears his journal map is of no help. Does anyone know where in Natalan these things are? Thanks
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Tora'a Moikot
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 31
    After the second Gate you just need to hug the left wall till the end and you will find the box with it. (i mean after the gate were you normaly turn right to go to the wolf camp)
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Raikki Zero
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Godsleftsock View Post
    I'm trying to help my friend find his AF gloves and he swears his journal map is of no help. Does anyone know where in Natalan these things are? Thanks
    If I recall, hug the left (east) side and you should come across it. It will show up on the map when you get close to it.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Vera Sans
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    Thank you
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Scarlett Dzian
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 76
    Quote Originally Posted by Saiph View Post
    After the second Gate you just need to hug the left wall till the end and you will find the box with it. (i mean after the gate were you normaly turn right to go to the wolf camp)
    it's after the 3rd gate but other than that this is accurate
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Tora'a Moikot
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 31
    i dont count the entrance.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Beat Daisukenojo
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 51
    Ugh. No offense, but this thread was less than useless to us - we died countless times across two nights trying to duo this as a WHM and GLA and most of that was because we just couldn't find the damn crate, and the instructions above are really only helpful if you're intimately familiar with Natalan.

Go in the first two gates. Past the second gate, the area branches out to the right, with an overlook of the wolf pit, and on the left, a bunch of Ixali huts (and Ixali). At the back end of the lefthand side, there are *TWO* gates side-by-side. The one on the right is guarded by Boneknitters, while the one on the left is mostly Pikecarvers. You need to go in the RIGHTHAND gate, where the wolf pit is, and then immediately turn left and follow the wall to the edge of the map. The crate is all the way at the back, about to fall off the bloody cliff if someone so much as sneezes at it. The position of the crate itself is (44, 21), left-of-center, just south of the impassable terrain.

If you follow the lefthand wall all the way in, you'll end up going in the lefthand gate for gate #3, and this is *wrong* because you might be able to get within sight of the crate, but you won't be able to get to it from there, and by then your face is likely being eaten by Ixali.

If you have MRD/WAR leveled, then great, you can probably solo this. If GLA is your only 50, get a friend or two, or see if you can ride the coattails of another LS going into the wolf pit.

I hope this post helps someone else keep from wasting a bunch of time trying to do this quest. I know after we wasted two nights trying to do it, a hapless LS member needed help finding the same crate the following night, so we went out with him and got it in under 15 minutes.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Dagg Angier
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Cutriss View Post
    Ugh. No offense, but this thread was less than useless to us - we died countless times across two nights trying to duo this as a WHM and GLA and most of that was because we just couldn't find the damn crate, and the instructions above are really only helpful if you're intimately familiar with Natalan.

Go in the first two gates. Past the second gate, the area branches out to the right, with an overlook of the wolf pit, and on the left, a bunch of Ixali huts (and Ixali). At the back end of the lefthand side, there are *TWO* gates side-by-side. The one on the right is guarded by Boneknitters, while the one on the left is mostly Pikecarvers. You need to go in the RIGHTHAND gate, where the wolf pit is, and then immediately turn left and follow the wall to the edge of the map. The crate is all the way at the back, about to fall off the bloody cliff if someone so much as sneezes at it. The position of the crate itself is (44, 21), left-of-center, just south of the impassable terrain.

If you follow the lefthand wall all the way in, you'll end up going in the lefthand gate for gate #3, and this is *wrong* because you might be able to get within sight of the crate, but you won't be able to get to it from there, and by then your face is likely being eaten by Ixali.

If you have MRD/WAR leveled, then great, you can probably solo this. If GLA is your only 50, get a friend or two, or see if you can ride the coattails of another LS going into the wolf pit.

I hope this post helps someone else keep from wasting a bunch of time trying to do this quest. I know after we wasted two nights trying to do it, a hapless LS member needed help finding the same crate the following night, so we went out with him and got it in under 15 minutes.
    This post was super helpful to me and getting my own Paladin gloves, so I made an accompanying map of the path to the Box!

http://i.imgur.com/lQq3W.jpg
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Thiel Vigilas
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 60
    I just wanted to say thank you to you guys for the info. That map and the directions Cutriss gave were immensely helpful.

To mirror what Cutriss said, bring a friend for this. I don't want to say it can't be done solo, but it's a headache and a half trying. Had an easy go until I reached the last gate, then all hell broke loose.

Respawns are very quick and a solo Glad might not be able to kill fast enough before they start popping on you.
    (0)
    Last edited by Zeille; 10-12-2012 at 12:03 PM.

Player
    Character
    Sword Coheir
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeille View Post
    I just wanted to say thank you to you guys for the info. That map and the directions Cutriss gave were immensely helpful.

To mirror what Cutriss said, bring a friend for this. I don't want to say it can't be done solo, but it's a headache and a half trying. Had an easy go until I reached the last gate, then all hell broke loose.

Respawns are very quick and a solo Glad might not be able to kill fast enough before they start popping on you.
    Overall it's just easier to come as or bring a BLM with you and just sleepga everything, kill off the gate guard and hurry in before everything wakes up.
    (0)

Support RDM Development: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/42776-How-Would-You-Design-Red-Mage%21[/center]