Player
    Character
    Keftenk Duras
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50

Are the "2hrs" underwhelming?

I don't think they're that bad, but most of them seem to have some small issue with them.

For instance:

* Benedictions AE radius is dreadfully small, you almost need to literally be right next to the person or on top of them for it to hit them.
    * Mighty Strikes usually only lasts for an entire combo.
    * Hundred Fists is actually quite slow, maybe ~8-10 hits?
    * Burst is just strange for a "2hr", wouldn't have Convert or something else be a little more acceptable?
    * Dragonfire Dive can be resisted, which is lol. 460+ MACC required for DRG?!

The only 2 that seem "ok" or "useful" are BRDs and PLDs. Thoughts?
    (12)
    Last edited by Keftenk; 03-13-2012 at 02:40 PM.

Player
    Character
    Doctor Mog
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 51
    15 minutes.

Not 2 hours.

Wait for "2hours" before complaining about "2hours"
    (56)

Player
    Character
    Keftenk Duras
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Pretend the thread title says "Are the "15min abilities" underwhelming?" then. You know very well they're the substitute for the FFXI 2hrs. Naming conventions aside, it doesn't mean that the skills aren't performing to the ability that they maybe should be. They're just optimized for a much faster sped game.
    (12)

Player
    Character
    Doctor Mog
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 51
    Quote Originally Posted by Keftenk View Post
    Pretend the thread title says "Are the "15min abilities" underwhelming?" then. You know very well they're the substitute for the FFXI 2hrs. They're just optimized for a much faster sped game.
    Ok.

No I don't think they are underwhelming.
    (19)

Player
    Character
    Darkstar Poet
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Carpenter Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Keftenk View Post
    I don't they're that bad, but most of them seem to have some small issue with them.

For instance:

* Benedictions AE radius is dreadfully small, you almost need to literally be right next to the person or on top of them for it to hit them.
    * Mighty Strikes usually only lasts for an entire combo.
    * Hundred Fists is actually quite slow, maybe ~8-10 hits?
    * Burst is just strange for a "2hr", wouldn't have Convert or something else be a little more acceptable?
    * Dragonfire Dive can be resisted, which is lol. 460+ MACC required for DRG?!

The only 2 that seem "ok" or "useful" are BRDs and PLDs. Thoughts?
    i get more damage off my basic thm's thundaga then i do off my black mage's r50 spell burst and don't have to wait 15 minutes to use it again. to me the burst ancient magic is just about on par with the original ancient magics we had without the 30 second timer for it to go off. burst is one ability i would like to just remove from my bars because it's a waste of space for such a delay for a small result.
    (7)

http://crystalknights.guildwork.com/

Player
    I can't compare a "Oshit" skills that has a 15 min recast to a "Oshit" skill that took 2 hours to recharge.

Your not going to see the ultra potency that 2hours gave us in XI, and I doubt 2hours will return because people would cry to no end about them being on cooldown. Just be lucky we didn't get the equivelant of Perfect Dodge a skill that didn't even dodge everything...

Aside from Bursts apparant low power for a spell I think most 15min skills are pretty decent. Better than nothing I'd say.
    (8)

Player
    Character
    Emily Kamba
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 90
    The Damage you can rack up with Mighty Strikes is impressive. Not to mention the Emnity gain if you time your skills right. No there not underwhelming there fine.
    (1)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayden View Post
    The Damage you can rack up with Mighty Strikes is impressive. Not to mention the Emnity gain if you time your skills right. No there not underwhelming there fine.
    I imagine some nice ammounts of health back from Rampage criticals.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Don Elreed
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    Well i agree with the op. but first of all what is wrong with all of you? just flaming a respectful and valid question, i feel that the "2hrs abbilities" (known as that because of XI) should be tweaked a little bit, for instance the one for war it last like 15 sec, 1 min would be valid, hundred fist should last the same and be a spam fest same as the one we had at the beginning when we didnt have Auto attack,

Back in XI we had those abbilities as a last resort, like the hundred fist was a sure mob kill to save the party or the paladin used that when he was almost dieing and almost was a sure thing u would be able to make it, Red mage had Chainspell for a quick kill, so what i mean is that this skills doesnt feel like bad ass, as they should, i dont care they could raise the timer to a 30min recast and would be fine because if u go to a dungeon u might need to save it for a boss fight and choose carefully and would be still usable in every run considering that a raid may last 40min so yes i think they need to upgrade those skills a bit, and those skills or spells shouldnt be resisted at all.

And yeah i know the next flaming, this isnt XI, but are you sure, things start looking kinda that game but with better and faster battle mechanics.
    (9)

Player
    I wouldn't be oposed to seeing the strength of these abillities beefed up if the recast justified it. I think a 30min recast is a pretty lengthy waiting period and would justify a good skill.

If you wanted a guaranteed save/kill I'd stick it to a hour so it doesn't become a mandate for Instanced events.
    (3)

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast