Player
    Character
    Senra Yin
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 37

Sergeant 3rd Class

I'm not sure where to put this and I apologize if a similar thread exists but, I'm having a bit of trouble with becoming a Flame Sergeant 3rd class. I remember being a Corporal and using seals to promote myself to Sergeant Third Class but I also remember that I didn't get the huge text above my head when it happened. I do, though, remember that my chat log told me that I was promoted to Sergeant 3rd Class.

I went to the woman who exchanges your seals for items and saw the three chocobo barding items for sale as well. I was told that when I reach the appropriate rank I would then be able to see them, so that's why I checked.

Fast forward a few days later and I was able to get 4000 Flame seals in order to purchase the Crested Chocobo Bard armor, but when I went to buy it the game told me that I wasn't the appropriate rank. I checked my rank and it said I was still a Corporal. I was a little annoyed thinking that I might have misremembered getting promoted to the next rank, so I went to the man who promotes you and tried to get promoted.

I selected "small talk" since the other options were quests (this was also the option I've always used to get to the promotion screen options) and all he would tell me was something along the lines of...something about being important to the Flames or something. It wasn't anything that might've hinted at anything useful. He didn't give me the option to promote myself, even though I'm pretty sure I did get promoted to Sergeant 3rd class.

My question is, has anyone experienced anything like this, or am I missing an important step to becoming a Sergeant 3rd Class. I know that I spent 2500 Flame Seals to get promoted from Corporal to Sergeant 3rd Class. I was really excited to get my Crested Chocobo Armor but now I just feel deflated.

If this helps, when I traded in 2500 Flame Seals for a promotion I received the "Golden Scales". I'm pretty sure I'm missing something important which bums me out since I have to grind more Flame seals for that armor =(

Never mind. I found the answer. Mods please lock and delete this thread. Sorry about that.
    (0)
    Last edited by insaneshadow; 03-15-2012 at 03:46 PM. Reason: I was stupid and didn't research like I should've. Google is your friend indeed.

Player
    Character
    Eisen Gramul
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Blacksmith Lv 90
    You gotta take the Kill Lizard Quest he gives you.
    (0)