Player
    Character
    Ryken Meadowhawk
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50

Time Resting to Bonus EXP Ratio?

I did a quick search, and I didn't see anything on this yet. Has anybody figured out what the ratio is on time spent resting to accumulated bonus exp?

Basically:
    (x amount of bonus xp) for every (unit of time) spent resting.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ryken Meadowhawk
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    Has nobody tried to suss out the ratio between rest time and bonus xp? I guess I can try and figure it out, but I have been resting for almost a week now (since Friday night) and if I tried to calculate the ratio with only an estimate of total time spent resting, I'll get some pretty loose numbers. Just curious if anybody else was already working on the math.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Maelina Sylfei
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 64
    Quote Originally Posted by Wicka View Post
    Has nobody tried to suss out the ratio between rest time and bonus xp? I guess I can try and figure it out, but I have been resting for almost a week now (since Friday night) and if I tried to calculate the ratio with only an estimate of total time spent resting, I'll get some pretty loose numbers. Just curious if anybody else was already working on the math.
    Don't forget that you can hit a cap while resting for the exp bonus, especially if you have been resting for a week.
    That said, I am also interested in trying to figure out the ratio of time_resting:exp_bonus.
    If you ever find out, for the fun of it, please post it back here.
    (0)
    LOL cash shop! SE's way to tell their player how they appreciate them... pull the carrot and empty your pockets $$$
    And to those who support it: you are kicking yourselves. -- We just need to sit back and laugh at people with cash shop items.
    (Marvelous economics IQ test!)

Player
    Character
    Viritess Vonschalt
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 50
    Is there an indication when you've capped the bonus? I work alot of hours in about 3 days so i'd check to see if i hit it if i could, but if i do hit the cap in those work days would i know it when i looked at it?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Tarragon Lai
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 50
    For my breaks I seem to accumulate about 1k/hr, it doesn't increase gradually for me. afking in an inn for 30 minutes gets me no bonus at all. i haven't bothered to check if it -chunks up- once an hour yet, as if i'm online i'd rather not be staring at myself sittin in the inn.

EDIT: I mean to say that about 1k xp worth of my bar is highlighted each hour, not 1000 points worth of bonus xp (which would cover 3k xp worth of bar).
    (0)
    Last edited by Peptaru; 03-16-2012 at 05:13 PM.

Player
    Character
    Eruantien Draugole
    World
    Louisoix
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 70
    I am more curious at what the cap is.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ryken Meadowhawk
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    I am glad I am not the only one interested in this. I logged on yesterday and played for a few hours and started a class I haven't played yet. I got CNJ to lvl 15 and I still have a red xp bar. I logged off without resting, I am going to try to use up the bonus I have now so I can work with smaller numbers. So the numbers I have now have not been calculated because I havent emptied my bonus yet, but they may be interesting.

roughly 130hrs of rest time
    62250 xp gained
    still in the red

Also, for anybody who may be wanting to kinda figure this out, I should point out what Peptaru mentioned. The amount of xp the rested bonus covers on your xp bar is 3 times the amount of bonus xp accumulated. to use his example, if the glowy part covers 1000 xp, then the bonus gained is only 333 (roughly) xp.

So when I finally deplete my current bonus, I will divide that number by 3. And since I have about 130 hours of rest time, it may be that the cap is somewhere in that range, so referencing smaller calculations to this one should tell us either where the cap is (if it is inside 130 hrs), or that the cap exceeds 130 hrs.
    (3)