Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Player

Final Frustration

I have been playing Final Fantasy Games since the very first 1 and let me just say that both there MMO's are more frustrating then fun. I find myself getting angry when I play this MMO same with FF11. I purchased this game and I pay for it monthly yet I am told I can't Gain access to areas of the game because I need 1 or more players to gain access to complete the quests. How frustrating it is to be on hold because I don't feel like spamming for a player to help me with something they either already did or have read up on it and expect me to know what to do when I myself enjoy exploring and learning without cheating or reading. I love playing MMO's and yes at time you can make real friends but you will never make real friends if your forced to team up with strangers that are only in it for them selves I have been playing tera closed beta for 3 weeks now and let me say at least there quests say is best with group of ect.... but I can still go and try to defeat the mobs and be proud I did it not me and 17 others so in conclusion I will not continue to waste my money time nor energy playing something that is more frustrating then it has to be I expected more from you Square-Enix Go Back to making RPG's leave the MMO's to the Experts
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Geesus Ravenheart
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 70
    Actually, the quest do tell you that you need X # of players to enter. If you read the quest line and even IF it's NOT mentioned in the quest line, when you go to your menu to view the quest, it tells you you need X #.
    (2)

Player

Quote Originally Posted by Obscure View Post
    I pay for it monthly yet I am told I can't Gain access to areas of the game because I need 1 or more players to gain access to complete the quests.
    I, too, pay for this Game its monthly fee, and SE still hasnt provided me with the latest End-Game Items!!
    Square Enix please change that!

;D
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Geesus Ravenheart
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 70
    Also, the only difference with Tera & their quests is you see them in your quest log outside of a main menu taking up screen real estate so it's always right there UNLESS you have more than the 7 allowed on your screen in which case you will go to a quest log just like XIV's "Journal" and you can see the requirements needed to do X quest with X # of players. Sometimes the requested # is merely a "suggestion" other times it say you are "required" to have no less than and no more than X #.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Don Elreed
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    good luck, dont let the door hit u on the way out
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Isidula Granviir
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    Playing with others in a Massive Multiplayer Online RPG? What is this madness?
    (7)

Player
    Character
    Orophin Calmcacil
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    It almost sounds like you should just stick to single player games. Just because it's an FF title doesn't mean you're supposed to be able to do everything by yourself. EVERY MMO is going to have group elements at some point or another that you're going to have to rely on others to accomplish.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Fiofel Zalalafell
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 1
    Hi OP,

Reading your post, I suspect you may not return to this forum to read our posts. Benefit of the doubt, I hope you DO return so that you can see the outcome of your post.

The dungeon that requires party members, you would not be able to complete the quest alone at the intended level. And if you were level 45+ doing the higher level dungeon, you also would not be able to complete the quest alone.

In the end, I believe that MMOs may not be the best type of game for you. There are games that are single player accessible with with multiplayer elements, such as the Diablo series, Phantasy Star Online, Phantasy Star Universe, or Borderlines. I have not been invited to a TERA beta, but I suspect its action oriented nature allows it to fall more in the aforementioned categories.

There are some unique mechanics in an MMO that I would like to see transcribed into a single player format as well, but ultimately if the MMO doesn't float my fancy, will decide to abandon said MMO.

i.e. I like some things in Aion, Shadowbane, Darkfall, and some things only found in multiplayer in PSU. But other elements that I do not like that ultimately have led to me not playing these games.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Viritess Vonschalt
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiosha_Maureiba View Post
    Hi OP,

In the end, I believe that MMOs may not be the best type of game for you. There are games that are single player accessible with with multiplayer elements, such as the Diablo series, Phantasy Star Online, Phantasy Star Universe, or Borderlines. I have not been invited to a TERA beta, but I suspect its action oriented nature allows it to fall more in the aforementioned categories.
    Tera though action, will have quite a bit of team oriented content. Beta is kinda all over the place atm, but its very much planned to have "Raid" type content for groups.

To the OP, If your a newish player like myself, some frustration may be from issues finding a group, (assuming you don't just have a personal hatred of grouping) Some advice i recived recently was sometimes you have to leave your politeness behind and nag a bit. Being helpful while nagging is good too. And if someone helps you run something, make sure you alloted time to help them with something they need afterwards, so everyone wins!

(Ran 2 man Imperial devices, got lost, figured things out, made a new friend was fun)
    If you don't run with other folks, your missing out, bigtime! Any dungeon crawl gone (hilariously) wrong is more fun with friends and comrades!
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Curly Wurly
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 50
    sounds like you should play final fantasy 7 or sumin... -.- i do belive some where in rgpmmo one of those letters stands for multiplayer ?? my understanding of this word is you play with other people and at some point you need to interact with them be it for quests NM's Boss fights Missions storylines trading selling buying roleplay and for some people even a thing called talking via actual speaking on vent or typing.

some people actually enjoy this interaction with other human beings over reading walls of text day after day. some would even say they play these"mmo" style games because the interaction with these people is so much better than sat in a room playing with yourself... O.o ooeerrr!! not that doing that isnt fun but those games are called solo rgp.. perhaps this is the style of game you should seek out in the not to distant future. please give somone who will enjoy the game all your gils and gears thats all tattie bye
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast