Player
    Character
    Hector Dragonslayer
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 80

Instant Temp Bans

So last night I was playing with a pretty good group in Copperbell Mines.

WHM (me), GNB(my FC leader), and two DNC from another server.

GNB was pulling everything we're rolling along pretty quickly and then poof tnk disappears and the tnk fill text popped up. What?

I tried talking to him through FC chat and nothing. Other people from my fc told me that he was on discord and got deleted from gameplay for harassment.

Now I don't think they meant permanent deletion probably temp ban.

I guess my question of topic is how can SE regulate this and determine what is harassment. Also, this is an easy exploitation for trolls to get people off the game they don't like or just to be trolls in general.

There maybe another thread on this so I apologize if it s redundant.

Love to hear peoples thoughts and experiences with this.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Olivar Starblaze
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 80
    If you get thrown out of the game for harrasement, you can be pretty sure whatever was said/done warranted an investigation by a GM
    (26)
    Olivar Starblaze
    Onion Knight - Lalafell Carbuncle Retainer
    <TASTY>
    Ragnarok Server

Player
    Character
    Carmine Altair
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 80
    If you false report people the only thing that will happen is that you will be the one looking at possible bans. A GM investigated the claim and found it warranted a punishment.

I'm curious as what he did but I know it's neither my place to know or to ever find out. I'm just super nosey and love draaama.
    (16)
    Level 80: SAM | SCH | PLD | DNC

Leveling: AST | WAR | MCH

Player
    Character
    Izzy Pollux
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Rogue Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by NekoNova View Post
    If you get thrown out of the game for harrasement, you can be pretty sure whatever was said/done warranted an investigation by a GM
    From what I've seen in other games they spend little to no time investigating and just take the reports word for it. Moderation is getting too difficult for a lot of games so they leave it to automation.

I really hope FFXIV is different, but I have my doubts. To believe that there are no false positives in their methods is pretty ignorant though.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Amon Kujaku
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 8
    Quote Originally Posted by IzzyData View Post
    From what I've seen in other games they spend little to no time investigating and just take the reports word for it. Moderation is getting too difficult for a lot of games so they leave it to automation.

I really hope FFXIV is different, but I have my doubts. To believe that there are no false positives in their methods is pretty ignorant though.

I think it is different at FFXIV. The couple times I reported someone (one time for really inappropriate names [usually I don't care, but this were a bit gross], other time for harassment [again, usually don't bother reporting this crap cuz it rolls off my back]), a GM contacted me in chat, asked some questions, and said they would need to investigate the problem further. The names were never changed (I was told to just block them, which is how I found out the names never changed), but I'm not sure what happened to the other person. So, considering the names didn't change, I don't think they'll act unless they deem it worthy of action.

In fact, from what I understand you the reporter can actually get in trouble if you make a false report.
    (8)

Player
    Character
    Carmine Altair
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by IzzyData View Post

Don't GMs summon you to the Jail to go over a report if it's serious enough? I think that shows they look over, at least, some of the reports they receive.

They also contact those who put in the report about it. I have received a few tells asking about some of my reports before to clarify things.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Corpse Lily
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 90
    i doubt it was an "instant" ban. when he was removed from the dungeon it was more than likely he was sent to goal and spoke to a GM before he got his temp ban since he was online. the only cases i heard of people being banned without talking to a gm is when they have log proof of harassment and they weren't online when they were doing the investigation (and even then sometimes they wait until they do log in).
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Hector Dragonslayer
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivxkobe View Post
    If you false report people the only thing that will happen is that you will be the one looking at possible bans. A GM investigated the claim and found it warranted a punishment.

I'm curious as what he did but I know it's neither my place to know or to ever find out. I'm just super nosey and love draaama.
    I really don't know what was said or done. Our FC leader said they gave no details just a month long ban for harassment and that's it.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Vice Shark
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmymagic View Post
    I really don't know what was said or done. Our FC leader said they gave no details just a month long ban for harassment and that's it.
    Then, to be completely honest, there's nothing to be discussed. Everything from here on then until you get more information from your friend is going to be pure speculation, with perhaps the exception that your friend did something that warranted it.
    (7)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rein_eon_Osborne View Post
    Healing DRK is literally... the same since ShB. The reason why people think it's a meme to heal nowadays because DRK receives very little to no buff to their sustainability vs 3 other tanks getting something useful. If you're capable of healing DRK back in ShB (or any tanks), then you'll heal EW DRK just fine.

Player
    Character
    Carmine Altair
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmymagic View Post
    Month-long ban?

I thought the first ban was like 48 hours or 4 days or something. Either what he did warranted a month ban or it isn't his first time receiving one.

But this is all speculation and I actually have no idea what the times are or what they mean because I have never been banned, or summoned by a GM, before.
    (6)

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast