Player
    Character
    Cut Chemist
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50

Lack of potion/Ether use

I have been very disappointed on the lack of use for potions. As a r50 Alchemist I have been waiting patiently for recipe reform. Now that has come I see nobody using the potions/ethers.

I have been trying them out and find them to be pretty useful. Especially in boss fights I find the mega -Ether to be a nice boost of MP. I have not yet used Elixirs although I have made a few.

I am not 100% how to make these items more used by the players. Any other Alchemist noticed the same issues/ or have a solution.

Thanks
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Syntax Lies
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Leatherworker Lv 50
    personally I haven't even checked for them yet cause Im guessing they are overpriced as hell.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Sephrick Markarius
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by syntaxlies View Post
    personally I haven't even checked for them yet cause Im guessing they are overpriced as hell.
    I think it's a mix of this and the fact that people have spent a year and a half playing without Alchemy products. It just needs time for post-patch prices to level off and for people to discover all the boons these new items offer.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Cut Chemist
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    I used a mega Vit on my pld last night and got 40 Vit bonus I havent yet tested the numbers. But I will try over the next few days.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Cut Chemist
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Also what would you feel would be a fair price for mega potion/ethers? I was thinking 5k each?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Master Matsume
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Miner Lv 50
    If it is not necessary to the success of a mission, most players will often forgoe costly luxuries such as these. There is no argument against the usefulness that they represent. Certainly a number of deaths and perhaps wipes could be avoided. But as the above post mentions, most players up until now have done very well without the use of such alchemical products. It will take time as much as difficult content in order to change this habit.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Y'ahte Tia
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 90
    Truth to be told, i've recently took up to utilizing potions a lot. Most specifically, the ones I got off of leves since I had a billion of them stockpiled and good heavens, they are actually useful at least for low-level levelling.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Cut Chemist
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    I agree with you on that I just work so hard on Alchemy lol and I would like to see it be useful. Until then I will just keep handing them our to my LS and hopefully it will help us get through the content a little easier.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Syntax Lies
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Leatherworker Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Headseed View Post
    Also what would you feel would be a fair price for mega potion/ethers? I was thinking 5k each?
    5k sounds fair to me, im not sure if they are overpriced but after a patch everything usually is so i haven't even looked.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Sephrick Markarius
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Headseed View Post
    How much do they even restore now?
    (0)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast