Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Deceptus Keelon
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Sage Lv 90

Another Raid, another 8 currencies to bloat our inventory.

The more things change, the more they stay the same.

I brought this up last May before ShB release just to show the absurdity of it all.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...our-inventory.

SE is always saying why they can't do this or that due to memory limitations (Glamour Dresser anyone?) but don't help themselves when they institute a new raid with 8 separate currencies THAT DON"T GO IN THE CURRENCY TAB . . .

Seriously, all that needs to be done to fix this issue is have every boss drop 4 of the exact same token (Eden Token of X). 4 drops for 8 players ensures multiple runs.

You then can acquire one token per boss and spend hit however you want to. Max of 4 tokens per week. Same cost per piece of gear. (4 chest, 4 legs, 2 for Hats, Hands, Feet. 1 for Acc's and belt)

Want to boost your ilvl? Work on ACC's first. Want better stats? Get a chest piece the first week and legs the next.

The total gear acquisition rate WOULD STAY EXACTLY THE SAME but you wouldn't have to have 8 currencies to do it.

Of course, last boss would drop a weapon token as well as the 4 standard tokens.

Next step is to be able to convert old raid tokens into the new format (for the old raids). Make it happen from an NPC if need be.
    (120)
    Last edited by Deceptus; 07-20-2019 at 01:08 AM.
    • Veteran healers don't care if we actually have to heal, but right now we don't. We simply want something interesting to do during the downtime. That is not asking for a lot
    • Dead DPS do no DPS. Raised DPS do 25/50% lower DPS. Do the mechanics and don't stand in bad stuff.
    • Other games expect basic competence, FFXIV is pleasantly surprised by it. Other games have toxic elitism. FFXIV has toxic casualism.

Player
    Character
    Kathyz Dankworth
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 80
    You crazy!, put the currency in the currency tab?!, go home with your reason and logic we dont like that in this town.

(Yeah, they cant learn)
    (49)

Player
    Character
    Jets Down
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    Ok yes this is beyond a joke at this point my chocobo saddlebag has 60/70 inventory slots filled with currencies across this game not including anything from ShB yet. >_>

SE change the normal raid stuff into currencies for currency tab and could you also add a primal currency tab as well to put the totems please.
    (20)
    Guy butt is best butt <3

Player
    Character
    Deceptus Keelon
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Sage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Crushnight View Post
    Ok yes this is beyond a joke at this point my chocobo saddlebag has 60/70 inventory slots filled with currencies across this game not including anything from ShB yet. >_>

SE change the normal raid stuff into currencies for currency tab and could you also add a primal currency tab as well to put the totems please.
    I have a retainer full of nothing but currencies that don't go in the currency tab.

Yes, I could just delete them but I don't want to have to get them all over again if I want a glamour piece.
    (9)
    • Veteran healers don't care if we actually have to heal, but right now we don't. We simply want something interesting to do during the downtime. That is not asking for a lot
    • Dead DPS do no DPS. Raised DPS do 25/50% lower DPS. Do the mechanics and don't stand in bad stuff.
    • Other games expect basic competence, FFXIV is pleasantly surprised by it. Other games have toxic elitism. FFXIV has toxic casualism.

Player
    Character
    Cron Job
    World
    Malboro
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 80
    Hey now! Would you put coins in a coin purse? Or cash bills in a wallet?

If you answered yes to at least 1 of these questions, then you cannot work for SE's development department. You are being too organize and logical. Too much sense is not welcome here.
    (22)

Player
    Character
    Jets Down
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Deceptus View Post
    I have a retainer full of nothing but currencies that don't go in the currency tab.

Yes, I could just delete them but I don't want to have to get them all over again if I want a glamour piece.
    That is basically why i have them on my saddlebag in case i fancy having that glamour. Less work to get in future, and future me would be thankful, like i was when i had hoarded 50 alexandrite when they released the kettle quest XD
    (2)
    Guy butt is best butt <3

Player
    Character
    Nyr Ardyne
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    I agree that these ought to go into the currency tab.

However, I can't imagine you would ever have more than a couple of these at a time unless you're just needing on random things and not targeting pieces of gear to turn in, ESPECIALLY not that every boss drops every piece. For prior raids if you have leftovers you're not going to use toss them out.

Again, I agree these should just be currencies. But in practice I've never had more than a couple slots taken up at a time.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Deceptus Keelon
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Sage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Aladire View Post
    Hey now! Would you put coins in a coin purse? Or cash bills in a wallet?

If you answered yes to at least 1 of these questions, then you cannot work for SE's development department. You are being too organize and logical. Too much sense is not welcome here.
    Speaking of wallet

Oddly enough, my conspiracy theory is they make 8 of them 3x an expansion so people buy more retainers.
    (7)
    Last edited by Deceptus; 07-16-2019 at 11:52 PM.

Player
    Character
    Leo Lupinos
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 90
    I don't personally have a problem with the way it is. I always try to work on only one piece at time, there's no time when I take more than one type of currency for armor/acessory.
    This is the way it is so that the players have a reason to do all 4 fights and not just spam the easiest one.
    (4)

Player

I think it will not break the game, if all the OLD raid gear currencies being condensed in just one only, as happens today with old tomestones, converted to poetics.
    (15)

Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast