Player
    Character
    Sun Qian
    World
    Twintania
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 59

Healing Targeting/Macro

I got back to this game with a new account after a few months, I used to play White Mage and never got any problem cycling through the party list with the option "Move Cursor Down/Cycle Down through Party list" in System tab. But for someone reason now it doesnt lock on the people I select, its just a soft targeting when it used to stay on the player.

I heard about the mouse over macro but for that I prefer to use the F keys. Does anyone know a solution to this or has made a macro for cycling between party members?
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Nicodemus Mercy
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Sage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinnaut View Post
    I got back to this game with a new account after a few months, I used to play White Mage and never got any problem cycling through the party list with the option "Move Cursor Down/Cycle Down through Party list" in System tab. But for someone reason now it doesnt lock on the people I select, its just a soft targeting when it used to stay on the player.

I heard about the mouse over macro but for that I prefer to use the F keys. Does anyone know a solution to this or has made a macro for cycling between party members?
    I use mouseover macros for my healing and I put them on action bar 10 and hide it. Then I set all my healing binds for that action bar.

A simple example of a mouseover macro:

/merror off
    /ac "Cure" <mo>
    /macroicon "Cure"

and a res macro:

/merror off
    /ac "Swiftcast" <me>
    /wait
    /ac "Raise" <mo>
    /p Raising <mo>!
    /macroicon "Raise"

Mouseover healing really helps my reaction time and I never have to change my target to heal or res someone. I am not sure there's a better way than using mouseover macros for quick target healing and it lets you keep the boss as your target for the pew pews.
    (0)
    Last edited by Nicodemus_Mercy; 07-15-2019 at 07:15 AM.

Player
    Character
    Arrhin Terremiaux
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus_Mercy View Post
    I use mouseover macros for my healing and I put them on action bar 10 and hide it. Then I set all my healing binds for that action bar.

A simple example of a mouseover macro:

/merror off
    /ac "Cure" <mo>
    /macroicon "Cure"

and a res macro:

/merror off
    /ac "Swiftcast" <me>
    /wait
    /ac "Raise" <mo>
    /p Raising <mo>!
    /macroicon "Raise"

Mouseover healing really helps my reaction time and I never have to change my target to heal or res someone. I am not sure there's a better way than using mouseover macros for quick target healing and it lets you keep the boss as your target for the pew pews.
    I do summat like this too, but I also have the target highlights on, just for a visual confirmation though typically I mouseover the party list
    (0)
    Don't touch me there

Player
    Character
    Arrhin Terremiaux
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    I also use <t> as a secondary in my macro, since I often F-lock the Tank in dungeons, just fer incase they needs a quick one while I'm rekkin mobs with Art of War spam <.<
    (1)
    Don't touch me there

Player
    Character
    Deviously Enchanted
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Never use macros with wait in them for combat related macros.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Cyrillo Rongway
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrhin View Post
    I also use <t> as a secondary in my macro
    This is a bad idea for heals because attempting to heal an hostile <t> or <tt> will coerce casting on <me> (self target). <mo> does not have this problem. If using an <mo> heal in a macro, it's best to use only the <mo> heal in that macro.
    (0)
    Error 3102 Club, Order of the 52nd Hour

Player
    Character
    Deviously Enchanted
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Rongway View Post
    This is a bad idea for heals because attempting to heal an hostile <t> or <tt> will coerce casting on <me> (self target). <mo> does not have this problem. If using an <mo> heal in a macro, it's best to use only the <mo> heal in that macro.
    I'll do you one better.

/ac "skill" <mo>
    /ac "skill"
    /micon "skill"

Using <t> is honestly kinda pointless there were uses for it but i've forgotten them due to razing them from all my macros for just "skill" which just uses the skill normally if your <mo> isn't on anything. Some things like deployment, rescue, and esuna I don't macro because I prefer to never miss.
    (0)

Character
    Kyara Moonbane
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Don't use macros, ever.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Lyote Sharaia
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Sage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuyuka3 View Post
    Don't use macros, ever.
    /micon "Broil"
    /merror off
    /ac "Broil" <t>
    /ac "Broil" <tt>

Best macro ever. Still feel like it should be baked into our spells via a Trait, but ill make do with the macro for now.
    The only negative to macros is the inability to 'queue'. However this works out in my favor for DPS spells, as I play with around 180 ping. Without the macro, I often find the game will have queued another Broil when I'm trying to cast an Adloq. So I take advantage of the lack of queueing for Macros to ensure that not only can I 'lock' the Tank as my target (Monitoring buffs etc) but I can freely weave dps between heal casts without needing to fear a lag induced Broil killing my Tank.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Arngrim Lightheart
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuyuka3 View Post
    Don't use macros, ever.
    Please don't bring that no macros bs here. Everyone has their own preference.
    (4)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast