Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Red Panda
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 52

My only concern with the way teleports and anima work in this game.

I'm ok with this anima system, it is pretty well balanced and the recovery rate is about right.

The only thing that really takes away from exploration, and that really annoys me, is that you can be teleported to places you've never been!

Seriously, the other day I was teleported to Mor Dhona to do some quest, and I thought it was just another zone, a purple one, but another place to go click on a "???" and hit return(chocobo music also removes a lot of great aspects this game has, but that's a whole different topic).
    It wasn't until I had to walk there because I was out of anima that I really came to value it, and how hard it was to get there (from the black shroud).

And this is just an example. When I started I was teleported from limsa to windurst and uldah, and it felt cheap! I'm sure most players haven't even boarded the ferry.

I remember when I first reached San d'Oria, or my first jorney to Jeuno when I reached level 20, and I'll always remember that. That was exploration and adventure!

Conclusion:
    I think it's great to teleport to wherever you want, as long as you've been there atleast once through walking!
    (48)

Player
    Character
    Neptune Deepsea
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 80
    I agree .
    (7)

Player
    Character
    Red Panda
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 52
    Yeah! Just figured I called gridania windurst. Who can blame me though?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Isidula Granviir
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    Another one? Seriously?
    (10)

Player
    Character
    Robin Gunn
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 80
    Toasting in epic bread.

I don't get why so many people are complaining about something that not one time you are forced to use. If you don't like anima or teleporting, DON'T DO IT. Why is that so hard? I don't have 12 hours a day to play and I definately don't want to spend half my time just running to where I need to go.

I understand some people think it ruins their experience in the world, but nobody is holding a gun to your head telling you to click teleport. People keep asking to remove anima or have an npc to remove anima from your character when all you have to do is NOT use it. I'd rather see a new dungeon or a better UI over some crappy anima removing patch.

TLR?
    STOP USING IT IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT. Please stop posing these, thanks.
    (8)

Player
    Character
    Yelta Sumasu
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 90
    I have to agree with the OP. I hate that a level 1 can be teleported around to places he has no business being. Making it to that crystal should be a challenge for every player. But they did split the difference and make it so the smaller crystals had to be visited before you can port to them. Now they just need to give us more reasons to go to them...

Player
    Character
    Lumi Shinta
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 55
    first trip to Jeuno from Sandoria was Epic ; ;
    (11)

Player
    Character
    Oleas Aiedail
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 60
    Never understood the whole "If you don't like it don't use it" mentality on this particular topic. There are many reasons why it's impossible to not use it.

1.) EXP Parties you're in will use it to get to a particular area. Thus you used it.
    2.) Linkshell members are going to use it to get to particular areas for raids and other content. Thus you used it.
    3.) The imbalance in not using it compared to those that do is so staggering that you would always be behind your friends/other players in terms of progression due to time spent on walking compared to time saved teleporting. Which wouldn't happen anyways because you're not going to tell your friends "I don't like Anima Teleportation so you can't use it while we do stuff together."

Head out of rear end people. This is a legit problem. Teleporting everywhere, while nice, removes you from exploration. Which sucks. There needs to be other limiting factors on this other than time to regenerate anima. I think having to visit the Aetheryte crystal or node to be able to go there by teleport at later dates is a good suggestion. It makes people explore the world and earn the teleport to that camp/area.
    (14)
    Last edited by SirOleas; 03-14-2012 at 04:51 AM.

Player
    Character
    Nariko Star
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    Agreed as well. FFXI was the same way- had to obtain the crystal before being able to be ported there. Otherwise you were just left behind. Maybe 2.0 implementation?

(Although I will say it was nice being able to get my mules there ports for ease of porting there) But I can see that as a bit OP and wouldn't fret if they did away with it.
    (4)

★ ~*Love Love Star Maid Cafe Event Coordinator*~ ★

Player
    Character
    Holy Dragoon
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 90
    I think if we had utsusemi, it would be so much easier.

{I'm sorry}
    (2)

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast