Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
    Player

Quote Originally Posted by Kyri View Post
    I cant say i get off on them either. I love cats, and im a girl thus cat girls are my #1 choice. besides it wouldnt hurt to have one more class girls enjoy or men for that matter. my history in mmos is a lot of manly classes id never play as. a bit of versatility to what I like would be nice.
    My very first character was a hyur highlander and I honestly got bored of seeing him after a while. Maybe its because you "expect" a character looking like that to be able to perform crazy feats of valor but I get a lot more enjoyment out of seeing my lalafell swing a sword at squirrels larger than him.

Sometimes, the cute option is just more fun. *shrug*
    (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by KiriA500
    Protip: An 8 hour nap is just called sleeping.

Player
    Character
    Mad Platter
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 90
    Voting no on Viera; they're too much like miqo'te already and I'd imagine they'd essentially be the same model, but slightly taller and with bunny ears and tails instead. I'd prefer a draconian race or something else less humanoid so we can get a little variety, as even roegadyn just look like "prettier" galkas.
    (3)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanathya View Post
    As much as it might hurt you, and as much as someone else brings the balance issues up, FFXI had the jobs right. And, you know, this is a FF, and I don't see you guys complaining about people asking for WoW things. So please.

Also, it's not like this dev team is being true to the roots of the jobs anyway.
    This game is not WoW; if you want WoW, go play WoW. If you get butthurt when people mention Final Fantasy XI, then shut up about WoW.

Player
    Character
    Grael Holister
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 60
    This thread reminds me of why I don't have much to do with the fan base if I can help it, starting back from where I heard the same complaints in FFxi. We already have option to choose from five races as it is and soon we'll have option to chose from the male/female versions from all of them... that's ten possible choices right off the bat (more than most other MMO) and that's still not good enough for you?
    (2)

Player

Quote Originally Posted by Mudcat View Post
    This thread reminds me of why I don't have much to do with the fan base if I can help it, starting back from where I heard the same complaints in FFxi. We already have option to choose from five races as it is and soon we'll have option to chose from the male/female versions from all of them... that's ten possible choices right off the bat (more than most other MMO) and that's still not good enough for you?
    No offense, but the devs asked :P

If you have a million dollars and someone asks you "We're giving you another million dollars, how would you like it broken up?" youre not likely to say "No thank you I already have a million dollars."
    (4)
    Quote Originally Posted by KiriA500
    Protip: An 8 hour nap is just called sleeping.

Player
    Character
    Grael Holister
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by BrusselSprout View Post
    No offense, but the devs asked :P

If you have a million dollars and someone asks you "We're giving you another million dollars, how would you like it broken up?" youre not likely to say "No thank you I already have a million dollars."
    Considering how suspicious I am of deals like this I would say "No thanks."

And if they do add these newer race options I'm more concerned about wether we'll get an option to re-customize an existing character. This is something I'm sure a bunch of other players are concerned about as well.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Orophin Calmcacil
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    I'd rather see a variation or addition of something already in the game than bringing in a completely new race.
    (0)

Character
    Alhanelem Amidatelion
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    Amidatelion

and Alhanalem of the Yuke tribe

As well as the Bangaa

want to explore eorzea!
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Jerbird Leone
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 70
    Well, I honestly, really don't know how to start by saying my opinion on this matter, but this is what I would like to see added in the future:

For starters, I "think", and I might have to re-read the question from the poll again to double check, but going based off recent memory, I believe the poll was asking for races added to the game that weren't necessarily playable, but new beastmen types to be added instead to the game.

With that being said, concerning beastmen, as much as I would love to see new and lore-mentioned, yet to be seen beastmean (EX: Sahagin) I would rather they diverse the already existing species of ixali, Amalj'aa and Kobolds. I would even like them to add armored goblins and more variety of Qiqirn as well.

They all look identical and the only difference is:

A) A slightly different shade of color on their clothing (Kobolds)

B) A different weapon being used by some of the beastmen

C) Different names and levels

Other from that, they all look the same size, and are practically clones.

And I hate sounding like a badger about the beastmen in FF XIV, because in all honestly, I freaking love the beastmen in this game! I love them even more than the FF XI ones!

The amalj'aa are a really cool looking race with their own culture and primal god. The ixali have their own deep history about abusing their gifts to fly and the gods taking away their wings as punishment, resorting them to using balloons as a means of flying. Not to mention they're half bird half reptilian looking, which is a double win for me. And last but not least, the kobolds are completely original and very interesting with their history in La Noscea. They're jittery little creatures for a knack for building and collecting things out of precious ores and minerals, and they also live within the Volcano under O'Ghomoro and worship their god Titan from within.

If they added even one of these beastmen to the playable characters list, I would seriously jizz my $!@#ing pants dude.... No lie... Which is why we need more variety if that would ever occur. Even if it didn't, I seriously think there needs to be vastly diverse looking members of each tribe to give the world and its beastmen more flavor and character to each and every one of them. The FF XIV has some of the best concept artist I've ever seen, I know they can pull it off with flying colors.

I would also, absolutely love to be able to play as either a goblin, a little silly Qiqrn warrior/theif, or a Moogle, since they've already been shown donning weapons and basic armor in the primal fight.

I have never played FF XII, so I can't hol an opinion on the Vierra, but they do look very attractive and cool, but I honestly rather see a new unique race in FF XIV that sets itself apart from the other games, and may even become a series staple from that point on.

With that being said, I really want to have a non-mammalian playable race, if they were to add any new species/races. Reptilian or bird-like, similar to the beastmen, but more in the form of man, perhaps? I don't know exactly yet. But I voted for more variety of beastmen, then adding new clone armies of beastmen.

That's my take on the topic. *shrugs* You can disagree or agree if you want, but I just felt like saying that.
    (0)

Character
    Alhanelem Amidatelion
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    This is supposed to be a fantasy game, I'd rather play something that's not as humanlike than something that is if given the option. After all, I want to be away from reality.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Cedri Vastal
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Mudcat View Post
    Considering how suspicious I am of deals like this I would say "No thanks."
    You sir, are a liar!
    (1)