Character
    Lalamia Millybonk
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90

Just HP stacking on enemies doesn't equate to an increase in difficulty

I just did the first Shadowbringers dungeon and it was utterly tedious:
    • Trash packs with way too much HP, especially considering them only having 1 ability at best
    • Bosses with too much HP, especially the last one: fighting for several minutes in a normal dungeon seems like overkill - but thankfully he does hurt if the mechanics aren't played properly

Why to companies think that making a HP sponge being able to soak even more damage equates to an increse in difficulty?
    (11)

Player
    Character
    Crushing Fatigue
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 70
    It's probably to compensate for the eventual level sync issues the dungeons will face as the expansion goes further into it's patch cycle. It's not my favorite way to increase difficulty but I can see some measure of sense in trying to keep things from being steam rolled the second the first Normal Raids hit the ground like with what happened in HW and SB.
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Sturm Churro
    World
    Marilith
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Enla View Post
    It's probably to compensate for the eventual level sync issues the dungeons will face as the expansion goes further into it's patch cycle. It's not my favorite way to increase difficulty but I can see some measure of sense in trying to keep things from being steam rolled the second the first Normal Raids hit the ground like with what happened in HW and SB.
    This is what I assumed to, the fights do take forever, but the bosses themselves were designed quite well in my opinion. It was one of the more mechanic heavy dungeon fights, I've seen for awhile, especially the first boss.

Using the timer on my dance as a gauge each pull of trash, at least when I was doing it, was about a 1 min - 1 1/2 min long. This is a dungeon where you should DEFINITELY pull big if your DPS know how to AOE, especially dancers.
    (2)
    Last edited by SturmChurro; 06-30-2019 at 08:47 PM.
    WHM | RDM | DNC

Player
    Character
    Warlyx Arada
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    there is a pack of mobs like 7? holly hell like 2 min using aoes ....i yawned.... the last waves before the last pack? pffff ...too much trash imho

the boss mechanics were fun tho
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Kyou Kobayashi
    World
    Phantom
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    Maybe you had fail people in your group or people with low ilvl?

The people I was in all had 400 ilvl and I found the mobs just melted, of course it took a bit longer then the last SB dungeons but it was still relatively fast.

Of course I tried to take multiple packs of mobs whenever it allowed for.
    Fight or Flight with Total Eclipse - Prominence combo deals quite some damage on trash packs. And the fact of no TP so I can spam it for ages.

Bosses were quite cool and not too much 'bullet sponge'.
    (2)
    Letter from the Producer LIVE Part IX Q&A Summary (10/30/2013)
    Q: Will there be any maintenance fees or other costs for housing, besides the cost of the land and house?
    A: In older MMOs, such as Ultima Online, there was a house maintenance fee you had to pay weekly, but in FFXIV: ARR we decided against this system. Similarly, these older MMOs also had a system where your house would break down if you didn’t log in after a while in order to have you continue your subscription, but this is a thing of the past and we won't have any system like that.

Player
    Character
    Vul Kandosii
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Warlyx View Post
    there is a pack of mobs like 7? holly hell like 2 min using aoes ....i yawned.... the last waves before the last pack? pffff ...too much trash imho

the boss mechanics were fun tho
    Then you dont want an MMO obviously.. you want something akin to Monster Hunter and that is NOT this game. I thought the dungeons were perfect to scale. You must not have had any dancers lol
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Greg Eugen
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Millybonk View Post
    I just did the first Shadowbringers dungeon and it was utterly tedious:
    • Trash packs with way too much HP, especially considering them only having 1 ability at best
    • Bosses with too much HP, especially the last one: fighting for several minutes in a normal dungeon seems like overkill - but thankfully he does hurt if the mechanics aren't played properly

Why to companies think that making a HP sponge being able to soak even more damage equates to an increse in difficulty?
    Are sure because most of the mobs have melted like nothing, and the bosses hp is pretty standard. These dungeon runs take about 15 to 20 mins. Maybe it’s your or your party’s item level, or are you running with trust?
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Rhaya Jakkya
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    My only Shadowbringers dungeon experience is with the first one (Holminster), but yea, the HP on the trash mobs could be toned down a little, bosses were fine enough. But it is far from the most worst example of that problem that the game has had... I would use Ridorana Lighthouse as a prime example.

Just weeks before the launch of ShB bosses still took forever to die, the hardest thing in that raid was trying to not fall asleep from boredom midfight.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Creme Anglaise
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 70
    Its ALWAYS like this at the beginning of an expansion. Are you guys even serious anymore?
    (16)

Player
    Character
    Barrie Capdevila
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 60
    What? our Group melts mob packs in 30 secs with aoe in ShB dungeons..
    (1)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast