Player
    Character
    Zedlizvez Mikasch
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 90

A weaver at 50?

I could get the mastery book, if I had Veyna silk.
    The silk though, is a 50 * item... and don't I need the mastery book to make the * items?

Is it worthwhile to work my way through the mastery tomes, and get the special 50 equipment from the guy in mor dora, or is there items I can buy in the shop that will be good enough?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Isen Gard
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 70
    You can get lv50 "Artisan" gear from the Grand Company Quartermaster. That will be good enough.
    You can easily get the mastery books later. Only the first two require these unique items in Mor Dhona. The lv60 and above are bought for scrip, which is introduced during Heavensward.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Aurelie Moonsong
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    You can buy Lv50 Artisan gear and tools from your GC quartermaster, or push on to Lv51 and purchase normal gear from the marketboard or Ishgard NPC vendor.

From memory, you should be able to craft the item now that you trade for Master Book 1, and that has instructions for the Master Book 2 item.

Or you can buy the first item off the marketboard, or acquire it from desynthesizing Lv50 dungeon gear (if you have the appropriate skill leveled).
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Zedlizvez Mikasch
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 90
    So I can craft 1 star items? It's the 2 star ones that are locked behind the book? The silk is a 1 star item.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Isen Gard
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 70
    The stars merely indicate difficulty scaling above the level cap. The 'Master' recipes will be listed under a separate tab in the crafting log. They will not be shown until after you acquire and use the mastery book.
    (1)
    The command /sigh does not exist.

Player
    Character
    Song Sparrow
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 90
    Vanya Silk will be found in your normal 46-50 crafting log for Weaver. Not all starred recipes are located in the tomes, so you're able to attempt the craft if you would like. The first recipe book will unlock the recipe for Intricate Silver Brocade which you can use to buy the second book.
    (1)

cerise leclaire
    (bad omnicrafter & terrible astrologian)

Player
    Character
    Hashmael Lightswain
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 90
    If you're only just 50, personally, I wouldn't recommend trying to get the books (or at least the second one) unless you're really dedicated and ready for the challenge. The Artisan gear is easy to get now, not even sure you really need the first master books for anything besides glamour at this point.

I recall, back before I installed any expansions, capped at 50 and trying this stuff out. Getting the mastercraft I books was difficult, but manageable. Trying to go for the second was daunting.

Although, come to think of it, that might mostly have also been just because of the demimateria needed along the way.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Y'kayah Tia
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 50
    The second mastercraft books are hard on-level, and the first ones can be if you aren't well geared enough. Both get significantly easier if you wait and out-level them a bit before trying to unlock them. (I got all my Mastercraft I books, but only a few of the Mastercraft II books, and have decided to wait a bit on getting the rest.)

Though I got all my DoH Lucis tool upgrades at 50, it was more because the upgrade turn-ins were a sort of challenge to myself rather than because I needed them. If I were treating level 50 as another level to pass through on the way to the next expansion, like most players do, I probably wouldn't have gone to that much trouble for them. There are far easier "good enough" tools, including the ones you got as quest rewards for the level 50 quest.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Frizze Steeleblaze
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 90
    To answer the original question posed. The recipes in the old master books are basically just used for glamours at this point. And as of friday, every master book currently out is an "old" book. Is it worthwhile to get the books to be able to make every glamour(and piece of furniture)? Thats up to you to decide. Personally, id say yes but that it wasnt worth rushing to do. But i really like making my own glamours.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Zedlizvez Mikasch
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Niwashi View Post
    Though I got all my DoH Lucis tool upgrades at 50, it was more because the upgrade turn-ins were a sort of challenge to myself rather than because I needed them. If I were treating level 50 as another level to pass through on the way to the next expansion, like most players do, I probably wouldn't have gone to that much trouble for them.
    This is it in a nutshell. I'm determined to get if not the lucis tools, then to get the achivement unlock tools. I'm going to get something special, and showy, and do something most people don't at 50... even if the process of doing it might put me at 52...
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast