Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Player

Updating my DRG Help

Hey, so DRG was my first 50 and I kind of left it untouched after I got it pieced together. I'm going back and retooling it a bit now and looking for suggestions, below is my current gear:

Ifrit's Harpoon
    Paragon's Crown
    Tortoiseshell Body (+41 PIE)
    Cobalt Mitts (+35 STR)
    AF Legs
    AF Feet
    Flame Sergeant's Belt
    Explorer's Earring
    Explorer's Choker
    Rubellite Bracelet +1
    Rubellite Ring +1
    Tourmaline Ring +1

Main problem is this setup puts my PIE over cap (320 w/o food) and leaves my STR at 346 (w/o food, so easy to cap when adding STR food). Now, in looking at stuff, I am wondering if this would be a good "upgrade"

Flame Sergeant's Spear (+35 Pie w/ Sanction)
    Paragon's Crown
    Flame Sergeants Tabard/Other Crit Melded Body
    Cobalt Mitt Gauntlets (+35 STR)
    AF legs
    Flame Sergeant's Jackboots (+10 PIE with bonus)
    Flame Sergeant's Belt
    Explorer's Earring
    Explorer's Choker
    Rubellite Bracelet +1
    Rubellite Ring +1
    Rubellite Ring +1/Electrum Ring +1

Now, is the upgrade to flame sergeant's spear w/ sanction good enough til i can get my hands on garuda's spine, or am I just gimping myself by not going for the lieut's spear?

I feel that being able to put something other than PIE on the body is a big bonus.

I am working on DL gear but so far no luck on drops.

Suggestions welcome,

Thanks.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Silvano Conri
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 60
    If you don't have the seals, stick to Ifrit's, ~330/290 stat caps, pump attack power instead.

If you have the spare seals, get the lieutenant's, ~338/300 stat caps.
    I'd want to see parse results, but on paper I'm pretty sure the Flame Lt. is the best spear in the game next to Gae Bolg, because of the high base attack and Attack Power bonus without the need for a set. Statistically, at Garuda caps (350/310), Garuda's is minutely better, but you have to figure that 12str over cap on LT will still convert to attack power at (I think) a 3:2 rate. Assuming that's true, the LT should be minutely better than Garuda.
    Edit: This is with my gear setup though; Serpent Officer Overcoat adds 120 crit AP. With 0 crit attack power assumed, Garuda wins. Assuming you never crit, its pretty even.

The PIE boost is only good if you are short elsewhere, which you aren't. The Serpent Sergeant's Sanction is 45APow, but (I haven't done serious testing, mind you) I'm pretty sure I lose damage going from Ifrit's to Sergeant's (yes, at cap for both).
    (0)
    Last edited by Silvano; 08-23-2012 at 03:36 AM.

Player

so the 350/310 stat caps are based of garuda weapons? If I am at stat caps for Iffy, should i switch some gear towards att instead of raising STR to 350?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Vax Redrick
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Sorry Silvano and Haldir90 for posting this here, but i wonder where do you find those caps and how to calculate them? Because i always found ppl saying the caps are 350/310

Also Haldir90 you could update your legs, You could use Felt Trousers with STR/DEX or STR/VIT.
    (0)

Player

Yeah, i have some felt trousers with 14STR/VIT from pld/war, but I don't like the idea of raising my jump recast timer, and AF legs do offer a pretty solid boost to both STR and PIE

Also, the caps are higher i believe for relic weapons. From my limited understanding, the caps are based on the weapon's DPS. so a raise in DPS, there is a raise in the STR/PIE caps
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Silvano Conri
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 60
    Stat caps were determined through testing done hours and hours by people I trust, as well as people I don't know. When a few people get the same results on different servers, I'm going to say its pretty darn close. It may be off a point or 5, but for optimization at this point in the game, this is what we know to be the areas:

Ifrit: 330/300
    Garuda: 350/310
    Gae Bolg: 380/325

Edit: Although, it is all probably changing in two months, so what I stick by is use primal weapons, and pump attack power. My friend who originally told me about Ifrit caps being lower outDPS' uses Ifrit's because of the caps, and is one of the top DPSers I know.

Personally, I get top3 in miser, and and #1 more often than not, with PUGs and statics alike. Using Ifrit's. I switched to Serpent Sergeant for a little while, and it just didn't seem as good *shrug*.
    (0)
    Last edited by Silvano; 08-23-2012 at 07:04 AM.

Player
    Character
    Shadow Cadja
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Silvano View Post
    Stat caps were determined through testing done hours and hours by people I trust, as well as people I don't know. When a few people get the same results on different servers, I'm going to say its pretty darn close. It may be off a point or 5, but for optimization at this point in the game, this is what we know to be the areas:

Ifrit: 330/300
    Garuda: 350/310
    Gae Bolg: 380/325

Edit: Although, it is all probably changing in two months, so what I stick by is use primal weapons, and pump attack power. My friend who originally told me about Ifrit caps being lower outDPS' uses Ifrit's because of the caps, and is one of the top DPSers I know.

Personally, I get top3 in miser, and and #1 more often than not, with PUGs and statics alike. Using Ifrit's. I switched to Serpent Sergeant for a little while, and it just didn't seem as good *shrug*.
    Pretty sure test from Kaeko and Seiken stated 350 str/310 pie caps were for Ifrit weapon... so Garuda's caps are higher
    (0)
    Dreadnought ~ http://dn.guildwork.com/

"If you want something, don't ask for it. Go out and win it, do that and you will succeed!"

Player
    Character
    Silvano Conri
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 60
    Pretty sure those tests were released before Garuda came out . They shifted the caps to Garuda.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Shadow Cadja
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Silvano View Post
    Pretty sure those tests were released before Garuda came out . They shifted the caps to Garuda.
    ya i doubt that lol unless you can present tests of that ^^;
    (1)
    Dreadnought ~ http://dn.guildwork.com/

"If you want something, don't ask for it. Go out and win it, do that and you will succeed!"

Player
    Character
    Silvano Conri
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 60
    Tests were re-done. I have the numbers, I didn't personally do the tests. The numbers I posted are the numbers, as close as anyone's gotten at least. I had a few friends who did the testing for me, and there were threads in various places at one point, not my bad you weren't around for 'em ^^; This is the closest thing I can find on short notice:

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...IE-ATK-Testing
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast