Player
    Character
    Viritess Vonschalt
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by KyegimyaAsura View Post
    I just hit level 30 on Lancer and almost done getting Pugilist to 15 so I can unlock DRG.

How hard is the initial quest? I know it recommends a party, but what level range are the enemies involved? Or are they just unknown (??) levels?

Just wondering how it would be to attempt soloing it, or if I should try to get a few people or just level up a bit more first. I'm used to soloing at this point sadly but I've gotten the hang of it pretty well.
    Just in the second step,your looking at i think it was 4 lvl35 thingies. Solo i didn't lastlong. Further on it seems even more party centric. It doesn't seem to be a solo friendly questline.

Probably time to pull some favors.
    (1)
    Last edited by Viritess; 03-16-2012 at 11:33 AM. Reason: Bad Keyboard spacebar

Player
    Character
    K'ye Gimyajan
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Viritess View Post
    Just in the second step,your looking at i think it was 4 lvl35 thingies. Solo i didn't lastlong. Further on it seems even more party centric. It doesn't seem to be a solo friendly questline.

Probably time to pull some favors.
    Yeah I just found that out the hard way lol, main mob as lv35, the others lv33, got owned before I could even make a dent in any of the mobs haha. I'm not surprised though, I should've expected it.
    (0)
    Last edited by KyegimyaAsura; 03-21-2012 at 01:22 AM.

Player

Just got to level 30 and started the quest, I'm glad I read this before heading off to my death lol
    (0)

Player
    Character
    K'ye Gimyajan
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 80
    They hit pretty hard, adds up very fast when you have 4 mobs on you. Probably good to have 4 lancers for that quest, at least level 35, each soloing their own mob, can True Thrust > Leg Sweep and damage them all and stun them as well. Even the level 33 mini-crabs were hitting me pretty rough at level 34, I went to try knowing I'd lose just to see how I'd fare 4 levels higher.

With just barely over 1000 HP...yeah, don't last long against them.

I also noticed they have a bit of HP for mobs at that level, I probably wouldn't attempt soloing that until level 40+. No doubt in my mind a level 50 can solo it.

Edit: Soloed it at level 42.
    (0)
    Last edited by KyegimyaAsura; 03-23-2012 at 08:18 AM.

Player
    Character
    Rhys Folles
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 90
    Kind of off topic: Should I level my LNC to 50 before moving to DRG to get all of the abilities? Or will I get them regardless as I level DRG?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Krono Duskfeather
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Valmorgan View Post
    Kind of off topic: Should I level my LNC to 50 before moving to DRG to get all of the abilities? Or will I get them regardless as I level DRG?
    You can go DRG if you'd like. You'll still receive all of the LNC and DRG abilities as you proceed to hit level 50. There is no penalty for engaging in the DRG storyline pre-50.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ada Rusheart
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    There's actually a small benefit, since the XP from the quests won't be going to waste.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    K'ye Gimyajan
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 80
    Plus you could try out the DRG exclusive abilities as you level to 50, while in a party of course. Definitely better to solo as LNC.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Krono Duskfeather
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by KyegimyaAsura View Post
    Plus you could try out the DRG exclusive abilities as you level to 50, while in a party of course. Definitely better to solo as LNC.
    Honestly, I find solo play as a DRG to be quite easy. The job abilities, such as Jump and Elusive Jump, make generating TP and avoiding those strong hits excessively easy.

It's amazing how much faster you can generate TP on the DRG and MNK jobs and consequently kill faster, taking less damage in the process, letting Life Surge fill your HP bar back up. I've never had ANY downtime playing DRG, farming or otherwise.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    K'ye Gimyajan
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 80
    Hmm, good to know. I'll have to give it a try.
    (0)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast