Player
    Character
    Jeane D'arc
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 68

Angry Going to the same route as WoW. The game is TOO easy

IDK if this will be popular here, but just a quick glance at the front page of general discussion shows how far away from the original idea XIV has gone.

There is virtually no challenge outside of savage raids. There is little community aspect since everything is instanced, and people are far more concerned with minions and mounts that discussing battle startegies, since none is required.

I'm pretty old now I guess. I came up on EQ, played XI for 5 years and started XIV on 1.0. I played XIV now on and off. I resubbed this month with the expansion hype, but leveling my AST I found myself asking why. I mean, healing is no challenge what so ever. I'm mostly spamming my DD spells.

This is just venting, i suppose, but after seeing a lot of WoW refugee threads and videos I couldn't help but thinking XIV is heading in the same direction.

I, myself, will probably buckle and get the expansion, but I will 100% be playing Classic in Aug. and Pantheon whenever that comes out.

TLDR: The challenge is gone and with it the community.
    (57)

Player
    Character
    Auriana Redsteele
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 82
    It is true that most of the game isn't very hard, but then a large majority of players do not want a very hard game.
    For those who do want a challenge, there is always the Savage and Ultimate fights - that's why they exist.
    (180)

Player
    Character
    Samuel Fernguard
    World
    Louisoix
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 80
    Hyperbole.

/10char
    (44)

Player
    Character
    Crystal Raven
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 80
    OP, the majority of the players in this game can't figure out how to actually read the tooltips given to them and then take to the forums to complain everything is too complex.

Only challenge in this game is running savage and ultimate with friends.
    (29)

Player
    Character
    Vidu Moriquendi
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    ...have you tried any of the more difficult fights though?

Personally I dont mind having the "base game" (dungeons, 24-man-raids, NM of raids and trials) a bit easier. Lots of this stuff is run daily or weekly and I dont want to discuss battle strategies each time I enter an expert roulette.
    This game is also played by a lot of people who are drawn here by the Final Fantasy franchise, so they're here to experience the story - not to face a massive challenge each time that story involves the dutyfinder.

At the same time the game offers different levels of challenging content - EX-primals for those who want to test themself, Savage-raids for those who are dedicated to stick to a challenge and Ultimate for those who really want to put their skill to the test. While we could have more midcore-content (something between NM-raid and EX-primal), I'd say the game offers content for all kinds of players - and that thats a good thing.

Also: personally I dont want a community thats being enforced by having to discuss a strategy for a simple dungeon. I'd much rather have a community (and personally, within my FC I have) thats build by the shared enjoyment of the game.
    You can find both a challenging and a community within the game, if you want to - but at the same time everyone who doesnt want to, can still play and enjoy the game aswell. Why is that a bad thing?
    (84)

Player
    Character
    Nia Niyah
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    The base game has to be doable by the whole playerbase, do you think square enix wants to alienate the story only players?
    I will admit that it's a bit too easy, and we should have more forced tutorials to get players better, but believe me when i say this game is still nowhere near wow easy.
    (23)

Player
    Character
    Derio Uzumaki
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 90
    Clearly OP hasnt run a 24 man with 23 stacks of the people debuff. Those are truly challenging content.

The People debuff - when someone is under performing so much they become detrimental to the group.
    (49)

Player
    Character
    Priya Eridian
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 90
    I wish these forums had a dislike button.
    (86)
    Quote Originally Posted by fusional View Post
    i'd kinda like to give priya hugs with my mouth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bayohne View Post
    Q20: Will we ever be able to send tells from within an instanced area?

A20: While the feature can be implemented, it’s currently masked. It’s currently masked because we would like to prevent players from harassing each other just because they know they would never party together in the future. We will continue to monitor the situation carefully as we move forward.

Player
    Character
    Ashgarth Sorel
    World
    Louisoix
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitori View Post
    IDK if this will be popular here, but just a quick glance at the front page of general discussion shows how far away from the original idea XIV has gone.

There is virtually no challenge outside of savage raids. There is little community aspect since everything is instanced, and people are far more concerned with minions and mounts that discussing battle startegies, since none is required.

I'm pretty old now I guess. I came up on EQ, played XI for 5 years and started XIV on 1.0. I played XIV now on and off. I resubbed this month with the expansion hype, but leveling my AST I found myself asking why. I mean, healing is no challenge what so ever. I'm mostly spamming my DD spells.

This is just venting, i suppose, but after seeing a lot of WoW refugee threads and videos I couldn't help but thinking XIV is heading in the same direction.

I, myself, will probably buckle and get the expansion, but I will 100% be playing Classic in Aug. and Pantheon whenever that comes out.

TLDR: The challenge is gone and with it the community.
    So the game isn't challenging outside of the challenging content.

What am I missing?
    (62)

Player
    Character
    Crystal Raven
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Priya View Post
    I wish these forums had a dislike button.
    It would turn into reddit real quick where everyone presses "dislike" on everything that isn't their opinion.
    (64)

Page 1 of 51 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast