Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Allicia Capulet
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90

New housing sector - will fc have priority?

It would be amazing if Square Enix could give to the free company some time to move out or to buy an house in the new sector, before allowing people to buy them as personnal house.

I personnaly think that an FC deserve more a mansion than a single player, afterall a fc house affect many players, and a personnal house just one or few person. I have the funds to buy a mansion for myself, but I prefer a medium house as a personnal house, but I see a lot of FC who have trouble to get an house because every plots, even the small one, are taken.

I don't remember when Shirogane came out if they gave time to fc first? I was OK in my sector, didn't feel the need to move out (I don,t really like Shirogane) and my FC at that time already had a large one, so it was something I was not really looking at.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Hyomin Park
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Sage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by AlliciaCapulet View Post
    I don't remember when Shirogane came out if they gave time to fc first? I was OK in my sector, didn't feel the need to move out (I don,t really like Shirogane) and my FC at that time already had a large one, so it was something I was not really looking at.
    When Shirogane released (and when Wards 13~18 released), FCs did not have priority. They were free for all for everyone.
    (8)
    Sage | Astrologian | Dancer

마지막 날 널 찾아가면
    마지막 밤 기억하길

Hyomin Park#0055

Player
    Character
    Hypnotic Noodle
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 83
    It should be left as a free for all. What I would like to see happen (most likely never will) is that you can upgrade your house on your current plot. For example if you currently live in a small you can upgrade to a medium, Medium -> Large ... for a steep gil fee of course.
    (22)
    "If you walk through life thinking you are not needed, remember that there is always someone that is counting on you." -CP

Player
    Character
    Anarista Tarnyang
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyxn607 View Post
    It should be left as a free for all. What I would like to see happen (most likely never will) is that you can upgrade your house on your current plot. For example if you currently live in a small you can upgrade to a medium, Medium -> Large ... for a steep gil fee of course.
    They would have to rework all the plots cuz some of them can't even fit a Medium House on there.

Quote Originally Posted by AlliciaCapulet View Post
    Text
    SE did something like this the last time they added wards but also allowed personal houses to move/buy before it was open to everyone else. I had a big issue with the idea of personal housing being allowed to move/buy with FC looking to move or buy.
    (2)
    Last edited by FallenArisen0990; 06-16-2019 at 11:48 PM.

Player
    Character
    Kyssa Shay
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Reaper Lv 90
    I get that they can't just make a bunch of space for housing so everyone can get a house. But I feel like they could make more space on the servers than what's currently being utilized. With the monthly sub and the absolute money printing machine that is the MogStation, their overhead must easily be covered. So where is all the extra revenue going? Clearly it's not being put into FFXIV if the repeated "technical limitations" line is anything to go by.
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Hypnotic Noodle
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 83
    Quote Originally Posted by FallenArisen0990 View Post
    They would have to rework all the plots cuz some of them can't even fit a Medium House on there.
    Indeed they would have to, which is why I mentioned it most likely never will. Unless they choose to overhaul the housing system sometime in the distant future, which again I don't see them doing.
    (2)
    "If you walk through life thinking you are not needed, remember that there is always someone that is counting on you." -CP

Player
    Character
    Cynehild Westknight
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by CazzT View Post
    I get that they can't just make a bunch of space for housing so everyone can get a house. But I feel like they could make more space on the servers than what's currently being utilized. With the monthly sub and the absolute money printing machine that is the MogStation, their overhead must easily be covered. So where is all the extra revenue going? Clearly it's not being put into FFXIV if the repeated "technical limitations" line is anything to go by.
    The recent DC restructuring will have created lower server loads which they can use for more instance and map resources. While nobody can say with certainty they will use it for houses, they at least have the room to do more. Also during NA fanfest Yoshi hinted at ishgard housing....so there's hope.
    (2)

Character
    Korbin Dallas
    World
    Twintania
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 80
    If I remember correctly, when they introduced the last batch of wards they were initially only available as FC housing, with personal housing coming 2 weeks later. I remember picking my plot and watching it for 2 weeks hoping no FC would snatch it up before personal housing was available.

I would like to think that the same thing will happen on Tuesday once they release the new servers.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Y'sira Kurai
    World
    Halicarnassus
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 90
    I suspect FC's will have priority and that transfers will again be allowed prior to first time buyers. That is how it was after the housing release fiasco that resulted in new rules and additional wards at a later date. Sure they could change it but I suspect the model for implementation will remain the same. My recollection was that it was at least two weeks before personals could be purchased by 1st time home buyers.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Edax Royeaux
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by HyoMinPark View Post
    When Shirogane released (and when Wards 13~18 released), FCs did not have priority. They were free for all for everyone.
    When 13 ~ 18 released, I recall they did have priority, because on my server Shirogane was basically completely taken before the new wards were even open for private ownership.
    (5)

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast