Character
    Elan Centauri
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowSolaris7 View Post
    FFXIV's Don Corneo?

Huh, he looked kinda familiar but I couldn't quite put my finger on it. Yeah, I would be willing to bet that Don Corneo was used as an inspiration for this character.
    (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Naoki_Yoshida View Post
    Personal Housing
    While I cannot give a specific date on when personal housing will be implemented, I can say that prices will be completely separate from free company housing, and, naturally, far more affordable.

Player
    Character
    Toki Tsuchimi
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    Tell me with how fat he is he doesnt look like an untainted Cu Culainn.
    (1)
    I like helping people with their Job ideas, it's fun to help them visuallize and create the job they'd like to play most. Plus I make my own too, I'll post them eventually.

Player
    Character
    Anarista Tarnyang
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowSolaris7 View Post
    FFXIV's Don Corneo?
    Does this mean we get to have small crossdressing section for Male WoDs to infiltrate his castle or palace?
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Sigrun Helasdottir
    World
    Brynhildr
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwenorai View Post
    Now I'm confused; if those with the echo are supposedly tempered, then what of Ice Heart? Ice Heart also has the Echo and yet became an avatar of another primal. Hm, so obviously the tempering is different - if it's true - regarding mama and daddy crystal.
    She took on the qualities of a primal imbuing her very being with the energy to become the primal. That's not a tempering. However it does raise the interesting concept of the use of the Echo. this is merely a supposition mind you. However after the Shiva thing and bearing witness to Nidhoggs rebirth through his eyes the birth of Shinryu, on top of the consequent spirit takeover of Zenos of Shinryu using a false echo. I think we're asking ourselves the wrong questions. What is the full extent of the Echo? Just what CAN the Echo do what are its limits is it possible that the Echo isn't so much an unequaled power but rather a remnant of the Energies and Memories of the Oldest of Hydaelyn's chosen that was left over once they returned ot the lifestream.We've already seen that allows the Mother crystal to send bits of her energy into to help them at crucial moments. However this doesn't mean that's the extent of this. The Heritor of the Echo can feasibly channel other energies through this conduit to fill and empower the possessor of the Echo as well enabling them to change into Primals or possess other Primals Can they then Harness more than that energy and become something far more than even a primal?

I think looking through the lore that the Answer to this is an Absolute yes. If we dig through the lore we learn the Not only did the World of Darkness become subsumed by the void (Zodiark) but the heroes became Horrors and monsters the one of most powerful of which is obviously Cloud of Darkness who absolutely cannot be slain in the Darkworld this in itself tells me that Cloud of Darkness possesses an Echo of her own. I mean after all the Warrior of Light can be slain but they always come back sometimes stronger for a bit after the experience. It's also known that the Warriors of Light seems to be the only one with this peculiar ability and can only truly be slain and returned to the lifestream when they choose to let of the echo.

This leaves myself thinking that the Warriors of light or darkness can they themselves become a balanced shard.
    (0)
    "Sometimes I wonder I heal for fun. or if I heal because I'm a glutton for punishment."

Player
    Character
    Sathona Jun
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Reaper Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Arixtotle View Post
    SAME. But it got me so hyped for ShB. It also seems we might actually be going to the First World? Which I didn't expect honestly. And I glimpsed Mifillia.
    Thats literally the highlight of the expansion since its announcement wdym xD
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Prince Nuada
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Reaper Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Shougun View Post
    I've been thinking perhaps we're one step above just being mega tempered lol (eldest primal tempering, != to what we know), so Zodiark has Ascians.. Hydaelyn has the 12? Who perhaps were a core part of producing the sundering (splitting into 12 shards, for the 12, 13 if you count the "source/original").

Our legacy tattoo is awfully Ascian mask looking:

Maybe we're the 13th (+/- x).

Shougun, I actually like several aspects of your post and I will add that your established theory about the WoL's glyph does venture towards a theory I once mentioned on the lore forums-- that there is always the possibility that Elidibus might have been trying to solidify us into a vessel for Zodiark. However, there is another time and place to discuss that.

In the meantime, allow me to guide you a little further down a certain path. I have said it numerous times that players really REALLY need to play FFXII and get into the truly phenomenal world of Ivalice and its brilliant nuances but to no avail.

Here is a clue for you and make your own assumptions... look very carefully at this image below. It is the glyph of Zalera, the Death Seraph Esper in FFXII that is obtained from the Barheim Passage area. In Ivalive lore, he is also "Emet-Selch" the scion of Light aspect of Zalera, Angel of Truth and has the Zodiac sign of the Gemini.

I repeat... his name is "Emet-Selch". Ring a bell? Firetruck bells jingling yet? Does that name sound awfully familiar from patch 4.5?

Now flip that image upside down and look carefully at the Ascian glyph that Solus uses in the trailer... I still find it astounding that people haven't yet picked up on this following Yoshi's unleashing of the final trailer a couple days ago. I actually mentioned this peculiar similarity already in my blog.

If your mind isn't yet blown to confetti, I'd wager you can just hold the thought for now. As I have been saying for ages... Shadowbringer will be legendarily epic.
    (3)
    Last edited by Ramesses; 06-13-2019 at 11:56 AM.

Player
    Character
    Toki Tsuchimi
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramesses View Post
    .. his name is "Emet-Selch". Ring a bell? Firetruck bells jingling yet? Does that name sound awfully familiar from patch 4.5?
    Okay so I'm a bit lost. I don't recall that name from 4.5. I mean I get what's being implied, but where did we hear that name again?
    (0)
    I like helping people with their Job ideas, it's fun to help them visuallize and create the job they'd like to play most. Plus I make my own too, I'll post them eventually.

Player
    Character
    Taeryn Bishop
    World
    Alpha
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Eloah View Post
    Okay so I'm a bit lost. I don't recall that name from 4.5. I mean I get what's being implied, but where did we hear that name again?
    I can recall it being mentioned once in the Seiryu's Wall cutscene. To quote Gaius in that scene: "And while he (Nabriales) was indeed a dangerous foe, his powers were inconsequential next to Paragons of the Source. The first was Lahabrea, who plagues us no more. There is also the white-robed Elidibus; and the elusive Emet-Selch, about whom little is known".

It's not much at all, though perhaps there was another more detailed mention which I've forgotten.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Bjartur Arnason
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    So, watching the English trailer .... I think what we will be doing is in an "alternate timeline" on the First world. Interesting. That's why certain characters are "opposites"
    (0)

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast