Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Player
    Character
    Tatami Astrum
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 90
    I still need the minion from Dun Scaith.
    I only ever rolled a 50 or lower on it but now it usually takes over 50 minutes to pop now ...
    Ofc the Weeping minion you can get from the event, but not the Dun Scaith >_>
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Alexius Kalysthenes
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Havenchild View Post
    I think it's a safe assumption to say most players avoid the 3.X alliance raids simply cause of Dun Scaith. Too much wiping/duty abandons happen on the first boss alone.

Not even mentioning Mr. Megadeath and Ozma.

Every time I queue into Alliance Raid, if I get into something like Dun Scaith, 90% of the time its a first boss wall and people drop immediately.
    I've ran it 187 times just for the minion alone. (Yes, super unlucky). Then I continue to queue for it because I simply love that it's actually challenging - you can't cheese mechanics like Glasya Labolas in Syrcus Tower just as an example. I'm now up to 291 coins from Dun Scaith alone.

I've never had any raids vote abandon simply because I'd quickly type the mechanics simply (or paste them to a macro) - with new people, OF COURSE, they won't be able to do it. We were all new ones, but we have a choice as seasoned players to explain mechanics. If you're unwilling to explain mechanics, then that's your problem, but don't blame it on the raid being susceptible to "too much wiping".
    (0)
    Last edited by AlexiosCalisthenes; 06-11-2019 at 12:36 AM. Reason: typos

Player
    Character
    Kaethra Tatrinae
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 70
    The issue with fixing 3.x Alliance Raids is you break 2.x in the process. If the event had the tomestones drop in 3.x Raids, they'd still do 2.x ones. If you increased the number you get to where people would want to do 3.x, they'll be doing 3.x instead of 2.x ones. That's the paradox.

What would need to be done is offer rewards in both that people want, but the rewards have to be different. This way people want both.

Perhaps for the next event, the mounts and minions could require two types of tomestones and you have to get them from different sources. Course this doesn't allow 1-59 players to enjoy them. And doesn't help the content during non-event times during the season.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Antony Gabbiani
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 90
    Geeze... if only there were some kind of content they could have in the game to make old content relevant. Maybe where you create and power up a weapon over the course of an expansion.... some kind of, I dunno, animoo weapon. Just throwing ideas out there...
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Limwris Abriel
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    Lately doing Dun Scaith a lot while farming glamour. Queue time can vary between 10 and 90 minutes. It is normal to leave 1-3 people before start. Deathgaze Hollow generally kill several and my MP go very low for ress my alliance and others. Sometimes 1-2 wipes.

Sometimes wipe against Scathach when people ignore add.
    Sometimes wipe against Diabolos Hollow by high damage and healers deads.

Wipes against Ferdiad Hollow and Proto Ultima are very rare.

Once Alliance B abandoned and was not replaced, but we manage to win against Proto Ultima (lacking 1-2 seconds for wipe) and others. Practically a miracle.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Nettle Creidne
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    Aren't all events typically designed so that you only need a copy of ARR to do them? This is probably why all the moogle tomes are from 2.x content.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Avalen Koma
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexiosCalisthenes View Post
    I've ran it 187 times just for the minion alone. (Yes, super unlucky). Then I continue to queue for it because I simply love that it's actually challenging - you can't cheese mechanics like Glasya Labolas in Syrcus Tower just as an example. I'm now up to 291 coins from Dun Scaith alone.

I've never had any raids vote abandon simply because I'd quickly type the mechanics simply (or paste them to a macro) - with new people, OF COURSE, they won't be able to do it. We were all new ones, but we have a choice as seasoned players to explain mechanics. If you're unwilling to explain mechanics, then that's your problem, but don't blame it on the raid being susceptible to "too much wiping".
    Whether, mechanics are explained or not, does not somehow guarantee execution before one wipe nor after it. I have been a part of these groups with immediate drops and vote abandons once majority of a group dies to the first Lvl Death mechanic, for example.

The raid has a higher chance of failure across the board and most seasoned players would rather not deal (for sake of saving time) and leave rather than coach. Seasoned players have a choice to explain, the same way they have a choice to not stay and wipe/carry through the instance and the same way new players can read up a guide or checking up mechanics before entering the instance to not hold up others.

Your experience with Dun Scaith maybe different than mine and that's fine but that doesn't change any facts. It seems more players dislike trudging through it versus something like Lighthouse.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ulala Ula
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 60
    I know ppl dissagre but i wished they would force us to have the max gear when queing for raids/trials etc... either do the roulet or que directly.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Aoki Kha
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Reaper Lv 90
    Ironically when I queued up for an alliance roulette a couple nights ago with the intent of getting the tomestones I of course wound up getting Mhach instead. What I learned is, if you want to get the raids/dungeons you're actually hoping for, aim for the duties you don't want.
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyKaplan View Post
    No shortcuts we fall off the invisible platform like men
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsalmaveth View Post
    That's so sad. Bard, play Despactio.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dualgunner View Post
    Gagging death spasms are the best way to start a nap.

Player
    Character
    Rintha Elenah
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexiosCalisthenes View Post
    Source?
    Common sense and/or the fact that it pops up so often in Alliance Roulette.

Quote Originally Posted by AlexiosCalisthenes
    Unless you ask every single player with an active subscription, you'll never know for sure if "most would still avoid" these raids. Hence why I'm suggesting that the Weeping City raids get some rewards too; if players wanted to, they'd do them. Right now, the Crystal Tower series is tired just because of its age alone.
    Did you even bother reading my entire post? I explained why most people would still avoid it, but I'll repeat myself.

Labyrinth of the Ancients/Syrcus Tower are easier/faster to clear, compared to any of the Mhach raids. Faster clears means players will obtain irregular tomestones at a faster rate. Considering irregular tomestones are kind of a grind, most people would grind them out in the most efficient way possible.

I enjoy both raid series, but I can easily see which of the two is more time efficient.
    (0)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2