Player
    Character
    Raion Hellfire
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 60

My Ideas And What I Would Like To See In A Realm Reborn

I'm gonna list my ideas from some of the Final Fantasy series that I know somewhat about that I think would be cool additions to Final Fantasy x|v. I'm only going to go as far back as VI cause I haven't played anything earlier besides III on DS. But anywho...

Final Fantasy VI

Narshe would be a great exploration, farming spot, questing area, and even maybe a boss fight since it hides a hidden esper (Primal) somewhere in the caves. Cause who can't imagine seeing the sparkling city and mine lights from afar and when stumbling upon the mine, you see crystals and magitech armor knights guarding the premises.

I just think this would be a cool place for them to maybe implement into the FFXIV:ARR universe since they said they are looking for things to add to make it more of a Final Fantasy feel to the game.

I have a Doomtrain idea but go to FFVIII to read about it...

Final Fantasy VII

As was told that we were to get a church since people said they were going to get married within the game, what can be more rememberable than to have the Church that is in the slums in Midgar that Aeris always went to, to tend to her flower garden and etc. To have the floor-boards torn up by the altar like in-game.

Next, I was thinking that we should have a Mako Reactor but have that for maybe an instance and have the party having to progress through the reactor like within the game when you have to press buttons at the same time to open some doors to proceed, that means you or whoever wants to press the keys can do so, but if you time it wrong, monsters will pop out and you have to start over. Then when you get to the end an alarm will sound and booby traps will begin to activate you and your party have to run to the next area and shut off the alarm and also deactivating the traps, but in doing so you also unleash a boss, Guard Scorpion, which pretty much works as the same boss in FFVII to where you don't attack him while his tail is up in striking stance, but if anybody attacks he deals massive damage to the party, but while he is in this stance you can still buff/heal whatever it is that doesn't deal with you damaging the boss. I'm sure Square-Enix could also alter the encounter by adding stuff in the battle to keep you on your toes in this phase as well so people don't stand around doing nothing while Guard Scorpion's tail is up.

Maybe they could add Cosmo Canyon or something similar I think it would be nice to have something like this somewhere near Ul'dah maybe?

Final Fantasy VIII

Balamb Garden, I think would be a great town hub, plus with many things you can do in this school/town. I believe it would look good on the land, but even better if they decide to have the school floating on the ocean, since the school itself is very breathtaking a beautiful, the colors the school is based on made me think it would be neat. Also I was thinking that we would have the training facility that we could have our characters train/arena or whatnot with monsters and players alike. The cafeteria and infirmary areas could be shopping areas for certain items, the parking zone could be the way that you can access the Garden. The Quad could be a place where events could take place, people can hang out and whatnot, the Library could be a place where some quest givers could reside, the dormitory area could be for the people to go to their estates or homes. 2nd floor we can still have quest givers since the classrooms are there in FFVIII, and on the 3rd floor is the ballroom and where the Free Company can reside or whatever company they decide to put there. And in the basement I was thinking there would be an event or boss encounter that could be unlocked over time.

Where Oilboyles reside deep within the garden spreading oil and causing leaks within the Garden that will eventually make it sink (Not really but it will give players urgency to watch what they are doing so they can make sure they can protect their garden.) like when your party enter the basement, there is water everywhere and you need to watch your step. The Oilboyles fight could go well or bad depending on if you decide to bring a Black Mage or anybody who can use Fire or Thunder, depending what your standing on since the Oilboyles excrete oil from their bodies, if they are on puddles of oil that they are on the oil will begin to catch flame to where the party needs to watch where they step, and fire could be a good thing since they are weak to fire but causes high hazards to the party, Thunder would be the 2nd best bet to use but also has to be used cautiously due to some water that is on the floor. Water will randomly fill the room and empty on it's own so timing is key. But it's just an idea.

Another cool place that could be an instance is if they added D-District Prison, since they had alot of cool things they did in-game with this place it would be cool if they did something similar if they ever added this to FFXIV.

Another thing I would love to see them add is Moombas, they aren't as famous as Moogles, Chocobos or Cait Siths but I think they should add Moombas.

Oh, and about the Doomtrain, I was thinking that maybe Square-Enix should build a train system to travel long distances like with Airships. But with this idea, if your out in the wild near a train station people will tell you about a rumor they hear about a ghostly train that runs the tracks on a new moon that if you run into it you'll find yourself dead if you ever glimpse the deadly Doomtrain. But if you get instanced like from the Free Company to take on the Doomtrain it won't instantly kill you, it will show a cutscene to where the Doomtrain appears and that Cid decides to help you and your party out to take Doomtrain on, while Doomtrain passes your party begins to follow it, but at first Doomtrain is pretty far ahead, where you need to have your ranged / casters to start damaging Doomtrain, and after a little bit Doomtrain will start to slow down to repair himself, your melee then get the chance to be close enough to do some damage and break open the backdoor to the Doomtrain, once opened, you and your party will have to jump from Cid's train onto the Doomtrain, then you have to fight your way to the engine room before Doomtrain's Coal Fire destroys your party which is a time limit and then you'd have to start over, but if you reach the Doomtrain's brakes and pull it, Doomtrain will halt but all carts which there are 3 that you passed through to get to the engine room will be destroyed. Your party is damaged from the explosion but with your healers you can be back up and taking on the transformed Doomtrain that is immobile, there is no time-limit now but now you have to defeat Doomtrain head-on. Just what I thought would make a neat encounter.

Final Fantasy IX

A holiday event I really think they should include from FFIX is Festival of the Hunt, it would just be a really cool event and then you earn points throughout the event and with enough you can exchange them and compete and be crowned champion. But you can exchange your points for stuff like armor for your chocobo or yourself or even little cool things like some furniture for your home or something, but the winner could get a trophie to show-off in their home and get a title.

Another thing that would be neat to see is since they are giving us Summoners, they could add Madain Sari along with the Summoner's wall, it would be neat, and then when they unlock new Primals to fight they will show up on the wall and they glow.

I also really liked Cleyra, who wouldn't want to see a giant city in a giant tree?! Surrounded by a tornado sandstorm? That would be a great sight, heck even Burmecia would be neat to see as well.

Final Fantasy X

It would be kind of neat to see them put a temple even if it's in ruins, and make it accessable to the room of the Fayth where the Summoner's pray to get their Summons. Maybe have a broken last fayth where they normally pray? It would be cool.

Or maybe in Guadosalam where you can meet the dead, maybe they can do a boss fight there to where there is unrest where the dead reside cause there is like a Death Lich or something in there and when you go in there with your party, the Death Lich will send out look-alikes of your party that you need to take down before you face the lich, but you couldn't fight your replica cause it would deflect all your attacks since they are kinda like mimics.

Also Zanarkand Ruins would be a very spiritual and great place if they could add it as well. Maybe even the Calm Lands where a fierce battle a long time ago took place maybe?

Final Fantasy XII

I always had a fascination with Bhujerba and the Lhusu Mines, I would love to see this place in FFXIV even if it's somewhat altered, maybe they could use this place for their expansion with the sky theme?

I also really like the Phon Coast, they could use a place like this for a questing hub.

That's all I can think of right now, sorry it's so long. It's just what I think would be cool if they added into the game. I'm sure some of you will agree or disagree but to each there own, thanks for reading.
    (0)
    http://amithist.deviantart.com/

Player
    Character
    Exocryst Lebreska
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 80
    I'm sad you didn't mention the Thunder Plains from FFX
    (0)
    <--Giver of yarns, not the giver of darns :3
    Follow me on Twitter @Antanias_

Player
    Character
    Raion Hellfire
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Antanias View Post
    I'm sad you didn't mention the Thunder Plains from FFX
    Well I kinda forgot about that, but I just think it would be hard to implement something like that where alot of people are gonna be running around and then have a bunch of thunder come down and strike people, plus with the flashes, it just seems it would be alot of work for the development team. It would be cool if they could do that too.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Trenma Mazix
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    Bibiki bay (Purgonorgo Islands) in FFXI always reminded me of Besaid Island from FFX, would enjoy seeing a nice sunny beach area again.
    (0)
    Last edited by Trenma; 09-06-2012 at 03:05 PM.

Player
    Character
    Eisen Gramul
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Blacksmith Lv 90
    What?
    Nothin pre 7?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Potchi Parcheep
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    I really love the Festival of the Hunt Idea from IX, they could have it happen once a week or so where npcs despawn and mobs just keep spawning in town for like an hour lol.

Oh and to respond to you Gramul, it would be pretty epic to have a Battle with the Four Fiends fight at some point. Would be sick to fight against the four fiends from IV in one battle.
    (0)
    Last edited by Potchi; 09-06-2012 at 03:46 PM.

Player
    Character
    Exocryst Lebreska
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Gramul View Post
    What?
    Nothin pre 7?
    He lists Final Fantasy VI before VII
    (0)
    <--Giver of yarns, not the giver of darns :3
    Follow me on Twitter @Antanias_

Player
    Character
    Raion Hellfire
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Gramul View Post
    What?
    Nothin pre 7?
    I have VI up, but as I stated before, I only listed to what I really played through. Otherwise I would list other things that would be neat that I know of that could be in FFx|v.
    (0)

Player

Real original...
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Raion Hellfire
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbygunz View Post
    Real original...
    It's really not supposed to be, it's just stuff from the Final Fantasy universe that I think would be cool if they included in FFXIV.
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast