Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
    Player
    Character
    Illmortal Tyr
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 60
    So happy we'll be able to reset the (merit) points. My ARC needs to be reset since apparently a stat that is supposed to be for ARC.. doesn't really do much.

Edit: Boom and I was right. DMG increased and no loss of accuracy
    (0)
    Last edited by illriginalized; 03-30-2012 at 04:21 PM.

Player

Quote Originally Posted by Mychael View Post
    It should have dropped into your inventory as a reward to the very first quest. You couldn't have used it before 1.21a, so either you tossed/NPC'd it, or you should check your retainers? ^^; (Or it could have fallen prey to the "Partial item loss" they mentioned on Lodestone.
    Damn. Now I have to Sort through both my retainers and my own shit. I hope I didn't NPC or drop it.
    (0)

IGN: Yygdrasil Seedling

Player
    Character
    Douten Mori
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Culinarian Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulfire View Post
    That won't tell you how effectively something like VIT will increase enhancing magic, or more importantly the algorithms for abilities.

Oh, look at that. It doesn't even mention affecting enhancing magic. Go figure.
    Thanks, Square Enix!

Assuming it did, what I was getting at is, like other stats and their affected attributes, it wouldn't tell you how much your enhancing would go up. It's pretty minimal, with gains on Protect being the same. You can end up throwing about half your stats out for practically nothing.

People do still remember how this used to work, right? You used to be able to perform a reset every so often. It only worked for a portion back then, but you could eventually get your stats where you wanted them to go. No gil, no item, only time. I was thinking they ran into some weird issue again when they said resets weren't going to be possible in 1.20, and that eventually it would be made similar to or better than how it was before then. And out comes this, sucking the fun out of tweaking stats by removing feasibility.

Unless this becomes obtainable through a repeatable quest this is not gonna work.
    ^Yes. (Necro bump cause I feel strongly for this)
    I quite liked how the old system worked. Your choices do have weight as you were stuck with them for awhile, but it's not going to be harm your class/job if you made the wrong one. I'm not sure what made them change this? Was there a mass mob going against this system? I thought it was one of the cool thing about XIV. 'I'm going to solo now so I'll set my attribute to reflect that a bit more (vit&mnd or what have you)' 'Oh ls event tonight I'll prolly be DD /changes points accordingly.'

Anyways the way this system is I say just do auto stat increase. There is no foreseeing the future (especially w/ new class coming out) how the role of current class will change. So unless there finite of reset is removed players are bound to be screwed over. I do not see this system working at all :< enlighten me if I missed some ups of this restriction.
    (1)
    Last edited by Douten; 08-01-2012 at 01:07 AM.

Player

The thing about most most MMO's: access to re-allotment of abilities/attributes. I've played quite a few MMO's; paid, free, and freemium and all of them had a way to "respec" your character. And the thing about respecing is, you don't have to if you don't want to. It's an option, it's there for people who want to perfect their points, who want to achieve the best point expenditures and have the strongest class/job. Why people who don't want this, who don't want the ability to tweak your character, or who want to take it away from the people who do want this; want to keep it away from everyone else is beyond me. Not only do many games have point re-allotment but they also have multiple builds. So that a toon can change from solo to healing to DD and still be home in time for dinner. So don't try and tell the dev's that something shouldn't be implemented, tell them to go ahead and put it in but you won't be messing with it. And don't mess with it, leave it alone. You won't break our hearts those of us who would like to change points we put in the wrong place.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Renen Angel
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    Did you REALLY need to necro this?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Maelina Sylfei
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 64
    Quote Originally Posted by Renen View Post
    It was her first post, be patient. She'll learn.

*ironic necro-bump while posting this*
    (0)
    LOL cash shop! SE's way to tell their player how they appreciate them... pull the carrot and empty your pockets $$$
    And to those who support it: you are kicking yourselves. -- We just need to sit back and laugh at people with cash shop items.
    (Marvelous economics IQ test!)

Quote Originally Posted by Renen View Post
    And unlike everyone else, she actually used the search function.
    (0)

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6