Player
    Character
    Ria Ayo
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukkirii View Post
    Hey guys! I wanted to give you some information about The Keeper's Hymn so that you know a little bit more about them before making any drastic decisions. :P

Currently the only way to obtain The Keeper’s Hymn is through quests and we have no plans at the moment to increase the methods of obtaining them. In patch 1.21a, we will be making it possible to reset your attribute point allotment for classes by exchanging The Keeper’s Hymn to guild token exchange NPCs located at each guild. However, as mentioned above, the methods for obtaining these items are limited so please use them wisely.
    This is flat out a bad idea, SE.

Off the bat, the stat allotment system in general is very sketchy... it's more or less just an illusion of choice since in the end you are likely to be picking your job's 2 damage modifiers or top stats, anyway.

So what is the point of the system? I originally thought the point was that depending on your gear set up, you could go back and move points around. Say I had 23 str 22 dex, but with my current gear I have more str than I really need and wanted 1 more in dex, or to push some points into vit, etc. If I were able to reset my points at any given time (with increasing cost in gil if I were to do so very often in a short span) then I could easily adjust my character's points to fill in holes in my gear.

By limiting the times we can adjust our stats you have effectively killed any sort of choice in stat allotment and, truthfully, should just abolish it from the game and throw those 45 points into our class's base stats at 50.

Or, you can allow us an infinite amount of resets at a cost each time. Even if you want to give us some repeatable quest to obtain the Hymn item! I believe that could be fair and make people still think twice before throwing points around without an educated guess as to where they go. Was the previous idea your intention and the wording in your post just made it sound like the amount of items we could get was limited?

Please clarify for us if you could?
    (7)

Player
    Character
    Titan Arum
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Andvari View Post
    From the patch notes:

"[dev1321] Several new items have been added.
    View the details.

* The Keeper’s Hymn, used to reset attribute point allotment, will be usable from patch 1.21a."

Reading comprehension and all that jazz..
    this is what cash shop mmo's do, items that let you reset your allotments or stats. almost impossible drops in the worlds but you can buy them for real cash. guess maybe they adding in a little cash shop lore just in case things go wrong. lol. but on a good note glad to see we will be able to get items and change our allotments at some point.

also on side note i'm sure they will add ways to get more of these, nm's, in dungeons or whatever. i doubt the few we got are the only ones. guess they want us to farm them or keep them handy in case. my bet diff dungeons might need diff stats? that will be my guess at some point if this is how they added the changes of points.

when your low level you want diff stats usually then when your doing dungeons or at endgame though, so using these up can be pretty fast and easy if you have multiple classes leveled, but at moment who doesn't pl so doesn't really matter heh. lol ...this is how i screwed my allods toon, didn't realize it cost money just to change stats and i was stuck with what i had... and ..then ..i quit.
    (0)
    Last edited by weeble; 03-18-2012 at 12:50 AM.

Player
    Character
    Kio Solais
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Culinarian Lv 90
    Currently the only way to obtain The Keeper’s Hymn is through quests and we have no plans at the moment to increase the methods of obtaining them. In patch 1.21a, we will be making it possible to reset your attribute point allotment for classes by exchanging The Keeper’s Hymn to guild token exchange NPCs located at each guild. However, as mentioned above, the methods for obtaining these items are limited so please use them wisely.
    This basically screws over everyone that has done the quests already? Why do I always feel punished for playing the game when I'm supposed to?
    Why can't we just make point allotment be an expensive gil service from an npc. Would get gil out of circulation and allow the freedom some players wish to have. Those who regret their decision will still have the option to eventually correct it.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Holland Stark
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 24
    Quote Originally Posted by Kio View Post
    This basically screws over everyone that has done the quests already? Why do I always feel punished for playing the game when I'm supposed to?
    I believe you are confused. If you did any of the job quests, you have the item already, the implemention of point allotment will be introduced in 1.21a. On that note, do you really feel punished everytime you play the game when you are supposed to? If so, you should stop playing or maybe you aren't really playing when you're "supposed" to.

That said, I agree the option for point allotment should be restricted.
    (0)
    Last edited by Holland; 03-18-2012 at 02:08 AM.

Signature provided by grausekopf ~ Thank you ^^
    Quote Originally Posted by Hikozaemon View Post
    Thanks for the 5 ifrits canes Yoshi i can build a life raft and use them to float to another mmo.

Player
    Character
    Victor Lindark
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 80
    I accidentally tossed all 7 of mine away =[
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Treach O-o
    World
    Malboro
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 60
    Not surprised or even mad.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Tibian Rahm
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Leatherworker Lv 60
    The described method currently stated by SE is counter intuitive to even having stat allocation.

I support the motion to have a reexamination of how you reallocate stats.

I also support the suggestion of paying a fee to an NPC to reset stats.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Y'ahte Tia
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 90
    I completely disagree with any method that is not finite to realocate stats. Why? Because I don't think that you SHOULD reallocate to begin with, I like it as a design choice that once you've put them in, you can't change them.
    I am very sure they're giving us those Keeper's Hymn stones exactly BECAUSE they're fiddling a lot with the way attributes work, so until they're done they're giving us a chance to alter them, and then not anymore. At least that is what I am hoping for.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    C'alhi Tia
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 81
    Quote Originally Posted by Skies View Post
    I completely disagree with any method that is not finite to realocate stats. Why? Because I don't think that you SHOULD reallocate to begin with, I like it as a design choice that once you've put them in, you can't change them.
    I am very sure they're giving us those Keeper's Hymn stones exactly BECAUSE they're fiddling a lot with the way attributes work, so until they're done they're giving us a chance to alter them, and then not anymore. At least that is what I am hoping for.
    So if a new player doesn't know where to put their stats at level 10, they should be gimped for the entire life of the game? How does that make sense?
    (9)

Player
    Character
    Y'ahte Tia
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 90
    It makes sense by a new player being well-informed and there being clear information and, if he did not see what was given to him, it's his entire fault.
    You're going to reply "But nobody knows how it works/it's a huge mess", theoretically when they are actually caring about new players (which is not now, they stated, but after 2.0) that information should be available. And now you're going to say "What if there's some odd non-obvious trick", well that's a thing for people who actually care, and if you do in fact care you are going to do research beforehand.
    (0)

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast